Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Intakes, Headers & Exhaust

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:28 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 5788

Reputation Level: 0
hdgolfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Help Me With My Exhaust

New here and to Nissans. Hope this video works I tried to paste. I'm looking for something "similar". Want to eliminate the mufflers in the stock position and replace it where the resonator is. In place of the resonator maybe a Dynomax like what is in this video (preferrably quieter). I want to use Challenger style tips in place of the quads. What muffler? Do-able?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XJPivsmY3mk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
hdgolfer is offline   Send a private message to hdgolfer Find more posts by hdgolfer Add hdgolfer to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
Mile High Maxima

Official Member #: 510

Reputation Level: 34
Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
Default Re: Help me with my exhaust

Want to eliminate the mufflers in the stock position ---- You want to replace or eliminate mufflers?

In place of the resonator maybe a Dynomax like what is in this video (preferrably quieter). --- You want a different resonator instead of the stock resonator it sounds like.

I want to use Challenger style tips in place of the quads. What muffler? Link or pic of the style you want?

You probably want to scroll through this section, all kinds of options to choose from: Intakes, Headers & Exhaust - my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2012, 02:06 PM   Thread Starter #3

Official Member #: 5788

hdgolfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Apollos2 View Post
Want to eliminate the mufflers in the stock position ---- You want to replace or eliminate mufflers?

In place of the resonator maybe a Dynomax like what is in this video (preferrably quieter). --- You want a different resonator instead of the stock resonator it sounds like.

I want to use Challenger style tips in place of the quads. What muffler? Link or pic of the style you want?

You probably want to scroll through this section, all kinds of options to choose from: Intakes, Headers & Exhaust - my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum
Sorry, I see my video clip didn't work. Eliminate mufflers. Replace resonator with muffler. Run srtraight pipes to tips. I do not like the appearance of the mufflers at the bumper. I have done some searches and have not seen too many set up this way. Don't really want it loud. Thanks, hdgolfer.
hdgolfer is offline   Send a private message to hdgolfer Find more posts by hdgolfer Add hdgolfer to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
Mile High Maxima

Official Member #: 510

Reputation Level: 34
Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

I watched the vid.

Replace the resonator with another resonator, not a muffler. (Understanding of course that a resonator is a type of muffler)

I don't think you like that set up. No mufflers? Look in that guys comments, he said that setup is loud.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #5

Official Member #: 14076

maxsleepin is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Help Me With My Exhaust

I did a rear muffler delete in mine. I left the stock resonator in for now till I get some more funds saved up for the max. But I think it sounds really good. Not loud at all just a really low deep rumble. A little bit of crackle but not much. Sounds the best between 1000 and 3200 rpm and between 4900 and 6400 rpm. I also have a cold air intake
maxsleepin is offline   Send a private message to maxsleepin Find more posts by maxsleepin Add maxsleepin to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2013, 11:59 PM   #6
Official Member

Official Member #: 9697

Reputation Level: 7
Sammaxvq35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maxsleepin View Post
I did a rear muffler delete in mine. I left the stock resonator in for now till I get some more funds saved up for the max. But I think it sounds really good. Not loud at all just a really low deep rumble. A little bit of crackle but not much. Sounds the best between 1000 and 3200 rpm and between 4900 and 6400 rpm. I also have a cold air intake
Can you post a vid for us?
Old 11-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #7

Official Member #: 14076

maxsleepin is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll try to post one. I need to find my charger for my camera it has better audio quality than my S4 has. Do I just post a video on YouTube then put the link here or is there another way? Either way a video isn't going to sounds as good as it does in person. But it will give a ballpark idea.
maxsleepin is offline   Send a private message to maxsleepin Find more posts by maxsleepin Add maxsleepin to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top