Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Intakes, Headers & Exhaust

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:10 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 16056

Reputation Level: 0
Bash96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Visit Bash96's YouTube
Default Grinding off stock exhaust pipes

So I was wondering if it was possible to take the stock exhaust tips off, grind off the pipes back a couple inches and put the tips back on. Would it make my car a little louder?
Bash96 is offline   Send a private message to Bash96 Find more posts by Bash96 Add Bash96 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2016, 09:49 AM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 15981

Reputation Level: 5
Travieso is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Grinding off stock exhaust pipes

grinding off the tips will not make it louder, the mufflers and center resonator still muffles the sound. Tail pipes doesn't do anything. I recently did some custom exhaust, Just by deleting the mufflers and custom tips, that will make a nice difference. The stock resonator still muffles most of the noise but you would get a infiniti G35 coupe growl.(Not really loud at all) It Sounds amazing. Of course custom will cost money.
Bash96 (01-26-2016)
Travieso is offline   Send a private message to Travieso Find more posts by Travieso Add Travieso to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2016, 10:02 AM   #3

Official Member #: 16528

Reputation Level: 6
Zillafreak is an unknown quantity at this point

You can cut them off then reweld them and this will do nothing for power or sound.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:34 PM   Thread Starter #4

Visit Bash96's YouTube

Originally Posted by Travieso View Post
grinding off the tips will not make it louder, the mufflers and center resonator still muffles the sound. Tail pipes doesn't do anything. I recently did some custom exhaust, Just by deleting the mufflers and custom tips, that will make a nice difference. The stock resonator still muffles most of the noise but you would get a infiniti G35 coupe growl.(Not really loud at all) It Sounds amazing. Of course custom will cost money.
Yeah I think I will try this because I don't want my Max too loud but I just want to notice a difference, thanks for the advice man
Bash96 is offline   Send a private message to Bash96 Find more posts by Bash96 Add Bash96 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2016, 06:35 PM   Thread Starter #5

Visit Bash96's YouTube

Originally Posted by Travieso View Post
Yeah I think I will try this because I don't want my Max too loud but I just want to notice a difference, thanks for the advice man
Old 01-26-2016, 08:24 PM   #6
Official Member

Official Member #: 475

Reputation Level: 9
JekyllMd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bash96 View Post
Not to burst your bubble but the only person that will notice your exhaust tips will be you. You could also risk melting your plastic bumper from the heat that gets trapped.

Wouldn't you be best served by getting a new cat back exhaust?
incubus0111 (01-27-2016), maxx22 (01-27-2016)
JekyllMd is offline   Send a private message to JekyllMd Find more posts by JekyllMd Add JekyllMd to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top

Tags
exhaust

Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Intakes, Headers & Exhaust