Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Intakes, Headers & Exhaust

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:53 AM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 6806

Reputation Level: 7
smog_hog is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Exhaust Question

Hey all,

Looking at next mods and its gonna be the racingline y pipe and catback. I was thinking of doing the ebay exhaust as it seems mos tpopular but Id probably end having a shop do the install.

Do you think its better to buy the y pip and have the shop do a custom bent exhaust or just buy the ebya exhaust and have them install.

I was hoping to go bigger than the 2.5 OD that the ebay exhaust has so thats one reason i want custom?

any help or advice is appreciated. I havent gotten quotes yet but would probably go to a meinke or local muffler shop for install.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
Premier Member

Official Member #: 269

Reputation Level: 11
TarmacSL1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: racingline y pipe and ebay exhaust vs ypipe and custom

Originally Posted by smog_hog View Post
Hey all,

Looking at next mods and its gonna be the racingline y pipe and catback. I was thinking of doing the ebay exhaust as it seems mos tpopular but Id probably end having a shop do the install.

Do you think its better to buy the y pip and have the shop do a custom bent exhaust or just buy the ebya exhaust and have them install.

I was hoping to go bigger than the 2.5 OD that the ebay exhaust has so thats one reason i want custom?

any help or advice is appreciated. I havent gotten quotes yet but would probably go to a meinke or local muffler shop for install.
I have the Racingline y-pipe but with te Greedy Exhaust, dont think you are going to need more than the 2.5 diameter pipe. One thing when I was looking around to get the y-pipe installed all the muffler shops would not do it since it deletes the third CAT, even though its not metered they would not install it, the only way they said they would install is if I cut the y-pipe and add a CAT.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:05 PM   Thread Starter #3
Official Member

Official Member #: 6806

smog_hog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TarmacSL1 View Post
I have the Racingline y-pipe but with te Greedy Exhaust, dont think you are going to need more than the 2.5 diameter pipe. One thing when I was looking around to get the y-pipe installed all the muffler shops would not do it since it deletes the third CAT, even though its not metered they would not install it, the only way they said they would install is if I cut the y-pipe and add a CAT.

cut the y pipe? lol i just paid $300, i dont want to cut it!
Old 11-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #4
Premier Member

Official Member #: 269

TarmacSL1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smog_hog View Post

cut the y pipe? lol i just paid $300, i dont want to cut it!
Yeah that's why I ended up installing it with a friends help.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 63

Reputation Level: 58
1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

/ Point Value: 5

/ Point Value: 5

Official Ride  

Default Re: Exhaust Question

As long as you can get the stock bolts out, it's a very easy install.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #6
Premier Member

Official Member #: 2470

silvermax06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1hawaii50 View Post
As long as you can get the stock bolts out, it's a very easy install.
Had mine done at a shop. Got lucky since i have a lot of work done there. Guy told me to come back around closing. Charged me 40 bucks to do it. And its not as easy as it seems. My bolts were locked up. took for ever to get them off. The new version y-pipe i got from racingline didn't come with the right gasket at the time. And fitment was off just a bit. Had to re adjust my exhaust after install. Over all if i had to do it i would take to a shop if the price is right... regular shop may or may not do it. Depends on who your dealing with it. But there are performance shops that will do it every where. At a cost im sure..
silvermax06 is offline   Send a private message to silvermax06 Find more posts by silvermax06 Add silvermax06 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #7
Official Member

Official Member #: 7004

Dos80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yo! dont buy the ebay exaust! ive had 2 and had bad experience with them. the hooks are not stainless and the welds r poorly done but look ok. i bought another coz of the good price hoping it was just a defect but that was not the case. Im runnin an m2 performance y pipe for alti ser and mangnaflow cat-back also for ser. their was some cutting and welding for my y pipe to fit but the cat-back fits with no prob. u spend a lil more for ur piping coz u will pay in the long run. u can find good deals here on the site tho good luck!