Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Intakes, Headers & Exhaust

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:00 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 6794

Reputation Level: 0
chrisstew14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Codes galore!

It's me again. My 06 maxima's p0420 code come up on a regular scanner but the heater circuit codes (4)came up on a snap-on wireless scanner. All diagnostics were within range. But I think he said that the bank 1 downstream sensor was dragging a very little bit.
I have replaced both downstreams already. The front sensor went together good but I couldn't get the bank 1 sensor to go together that well. My mind is fried thinking about it. We are going to put a smoke test on the vacuum lines and check some other things. If its the same code then it looks like my bank 1 gets replaced. UGH!!! Hopefully the code wasn't cleared all the way. I don't know. I will find out what it is.
chrisstew14 is offline   Send a private message to chrisstew14 Find more posts by chrisstew14 Add chrisstew14 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 140

Reputation Level: 51
Chemax has a spectacular aura aboutChemax has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Codes galore!

Bump!

mmm.... chorizo
-csiepka
Chemax is offline   Send a private message to Chemax Find more posts by Chemax Add Chemax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Burnt Orange

Official Member #: 2887

Reputation Level: 33
BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Codes galore!

Originally Posted by chrisstew14 View Post
It's me again. My 06 maxima's p0420 code come up on a regular scanner but the heater circuit codes (4)came up on a snap-on wireless scanner. All diagnostics were within range. But I think he said that the bank 1 downstream sensor was dragging a very little bit.
I have replaced both downstreams already. The front sensor went together good but I couldn't get the bank 1 sensor to go together that well. My mind is fried thinking about it. We are going to put a smoke test on the vacuum lines and check some other things. If its the same code then it looks like my bank 1 gets replaced. UGH!!! Hopefully the code wasn't cleared all the way. I don't know. I will find out what it is.
Your post is not clear and contradicting. Need more info and clarification to even begin.

1.You state all diagnostics were within range but then you follow up with line that bank one downstream was slow in response/dragging?

2.The front sensor went together good....but rear sensor you couldn't get together good....? Do you mean the data between the 2 banks fluctuates?

3. Have you replaced/or removed at anytime the front A/F sensors?

4. When you replaced Both heated downstream oxygen sensors did you splice in universal or did you purchase plug and play sensors. Were they brand New? Is the
Livestream data fluctuating within ranges? 0.1-0.7v when you apply throttle steady @ around 2-2500 rpm with vehicle warmed up? Did you perform resistance checks on the sensors?

Please be specific in your answers. This will help. Also. List of ALL CODES GALORE as the title states. Not just PO420.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
-=My Build Tread=-

Last edited by BurntOrangeAppeal; 12-16-2012 at 03:01 PM.
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top