Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Intakes, Headers & Exhaust

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:04 PM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 14411

Reputation Level: 6
MrEnigma is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default 3 Piece Vs 5 Piece Spacer Kit

Was reading up on some old thread, and saw that CXJ Performance guy making a comment about the 5-piece being being a waste, but he didnt give details for business reasons. Anybody here know what he was referring to?

Im looking into getting these spacers as my first official mod. I was gonna get an air intake, but figured for the same price I can get the spacer kit and a BOP, and get some actual gains
MrEnigma is offline   Send a private message to MrEnigma Find more posts by MrEnigma Add MrEnigma to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2014, 11:06 AM   #2
Mile High Maxima

Official Member #: 510

Reputation Level: 34
Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
Default Re: 3-pc Vs 5-Piece Spacer Kit

I think your question should be: Spacers and BOP vs Intake vs Y-pipe

I have spacers but not BOP so I can't really say for sure what the do combined. I don't know, I've never been completely sold on the BOP. I could be wrong but its one of the few mods I never went with.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2014, 12:17 PM   Thread Starter #3
Official Member

Originally Posted by Apollos2 View Post
I think your question should be: Spacers and BOP vs Intake vs Y-pipe

I have spacers but not BOP so I can't really say for sure what the do combined. I don't know, I've never been completely sold on the BOP. I could be wrong but its one of the few mods I never went with.
Yeah, im still debating the BOP too, but I saw a couple of guys say that the BOPs low end loss is practically non-existent with the CVT transmission. Even then, those that it does affect say the spacers help reduce that loss. Im still not set on the BOP, but if I can add some top end power, with basically no low end for a little bit more, why not? :p
MrEnigma is offline   Send a private message to MrEnigma Find more posts by MrEnigma Add MrEnigma to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2014, 05:23 PM   Thread Starter #4
Official Member

Anybody know what difference (if any) the Lower Intake Manifold Spacer makes, opposed to just getting the 3-piece spacer kit?
Old 04-26-2014, 08:58 PM   #5

Official Member #: 6540

Reputation Level: 8
incubus0111 is an unknown quantity at this point

From the NWP write-up it makes lower temps.

Posted Via Tapatalk 2
incubus0111 is offline   Send a private message to incubus0111 Find more posts by incubus0111 Add incubus0111 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-27-2014, 02:23 AM   Thread Starter #6
Official Member

What do you guys think about the quality CXJ Performance spacer kit and BOP? has anybody here installed it on their own vehicle?
Old 04-27-2014, 11:37 PM   #7

Official Member #: 7426

Reputation Level: 0
Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

excuse my stupidity, but what is BOP?
Old 04-28-2014, 02:00 AM   Thread Starter #8
Official Member

Originally Posted by Mike View Post
excuse my stupidity, but what is BOP?
Hopefully a more knowledgeable member here would be willing to give a better breakdown; it basically eliminates the VIAS (Variable Intake Air System), that redistributes air comingn into the manifold somehow. Anyways, the BOP (Block Off Plate) eliminates this part, which supposedly restricts airflow, and allegedly increases max HP/Torque by a small bit (at least on paper/Dyno), at the cost of some lower end power, which many dont find worth it.

Theres quite a few threads here about them, if you use the search function to sort through it all, you can find a better description than I gave. Forgive me if you find that ive said something incorrect, as im just starting to research this stuff myself.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:51 PM   #9
Official Member

Official Member #: 8487

Reputation Level: 7
Steezmuffin686 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrEnigma View Post
Hopefully a more knowledgeable member here would be willing to give a better breakdown; it basically eliminates the VIAS (Variable Intake Air System), that redistributes air comingn into the manifold somehow. Anyways, the BOP (Block Off Plate) eliminates this part, which supposedly restricts airflow, and allegedly increases max HP/Torque by a small bit (at least on paper/Dyno), at the cost of some lower end power, which many dont find worth it.

Theres quite a few threads here about them, if you use the search function to sort through it all, you can find a better description than I gave. Forgive me if you find that ive said something incorrect, as im just starting to research this stuff myself.
this, @Mike. id say save the cash and go w/ the 3 piece. thats guna be what i do whence i do the spacers.
| 04 SE 6mt | ralco rz sts | shifter hacked 4" | no name cai | ebay catback | Racingline FSTB | Progress RSB | RoadMagnet springs (winter) | BC BR coilovers (summer) | SPC rear camber arms | 5% tint&banner | Hardwired passport 9500 | kicker 10DCVR12's | pioneer avh 280bt 6.2" | Hyfonics Brutus 1600w amp | Sherwood Carbon Fiber dash kit | OBX headers | G-coupe 18's | 5&20mm spacers | junction produce goodies |...more to come
Steezmuffin686 is offline   Send a private message to Steezmuffin686 Find more posts by Steezmuffin686 Add Steezmuffin686 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-28-2014, 09:39 PM   Thread Starter #10
Official Member

Originally Posted by Steezmuffin686 View Post
this, @Mike. id say save the cash and go w/ the 3 piece. thats guna be what i do whence i do the spacers.
Why are you doing the 3 piece and not the 5? Do you not find the LIM spacers effective, or is it financial reasons?
Old 04-28-2014, 09:54 PM   #11

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default Re: 3 Piece Vs 5 Piece Spacer Kit

I did the 5 because of the tested lower temperatures.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 04-28-2014, 11:01 PM   Thread Starter #12
Official Member

Originally Posted by EddyMaxx View Post
I did the 5 because of the tested lower temperatures.
Do you believe the difference in temperature actually makes much difference performance wise, & if its even worth the the extra ~$40?

Also, I thought I read somewhere that NWP sells the (2) LIM spacers apart from the 5 pice kit. Any idea what that cost, in case I went with the 3 piece then decide id like to add the extra 2?
Old 04-29-2014, 10:37 PM   #13
Official Member

Official Member #: 8487

Reputation Level: 7
Steezmuffin686 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrEnigma View Post
Why are you doing the 3 piece and not the 5? Do you not find the LIM spacers effective, or is it financial reasons?
well, for me. its a bit of both...one, financial reasons definately i mean cmon...who wants to spent boat loads of cash in this economy? lol..and 2, id rather take the extra 50 and put it towards a under drive pulley. its not that much of a difference id imagine between the 3pc and the 5 pc...*this is a personal opinion* i wouldnt imagine itd bring more that 2-3 more hp with the 2 extra pieces *end of personal opinion*.

but take eddy maxx's opinion on the subject...he has them already so id consider that a more viable opinion.
| 04 SE 6mt | ralco rz sts | shifter hacked 4" | no name cai | ebay catback | Racingline FSTB | Progress RSB | RoadMagnet springs (winter) | BC BR coilovers (summer) | SPC rear camber arms | 5% tint&banner | Hardwired passport 9500 | kicker 10DCVR12's | pioneer avh 280bt 6.2" | Hyfonics Brutus 1600w amp | Sherwood Carbon Fiber dash kit | OBX headers | G-coupe 18's | 5&20mm spacers | junction produce goodies |...more to come
MrEnigma (04-30-2014)
Steezmuffin686 is offline   Send a private message to Steezmuffin686 Find more posts by Steezmuffin686 Add Steezmuffin686 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2014, 07:47 PM   #14

Official Member #: 6274

Reputation Level: 8
O.G.Nat-tral is an unknown quantity at this point

Visit O.G.Nat-tral's PS3 Profile Visit O.G.Nat-tral's Twitter Visit O.G.Nat-tral's YouTube

I went with the 5pcs NWP Spacers.. If I was going to install spacers might as well go ALL THE WAY...!!!

Abused VQ
incubus0111 (07-01-2014)
O.G.Nat-tral is offline   Send a private message to O.G.Nat-tral Find more posts by O.G.Nat-tral Add O.G.Nat-tral to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top