Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:10 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 2235

Reputation Level: 9
djliquidice is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
Default Valvebody May Not Be The Fix-All

I like many have replaced my 2005 SE maxima valvebody with the revised OEM Nissan valvebody. I am at 128K - this was replaced around 105K. Still seeing some harsh shifting but I have learned how to driver her to get the shifts right.

It's summer right now so it's not very happy with the heat (looking into an additional tranny cooler right now).

I stumbled across this great in depth video of our tranny disassembled and the mechanic explains what really goes wrong with these transmissions and how most shops will just say rebuild the VB or replace the VB.

Watch and offer your input.
djliquidice is offline   Send a private message to djliquidice Find more posts by djliquidice Add djliquidice to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #2

Official Member #: 6274

Reputation Level: 8
O.G.Nat-tral is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Visit O.G.Nat-tral's PS3 Profile Visit O.G.Nat-tral's Twitter Visit O.G.Nat-tral's YouTube
Default Re: Valvebody may not be the fix-all.

Originally Posted by djliquidice View Post
I like many have replaced my 2005 SE maxima valvebody with the revised OEM Nissan valvebody. I am at 128K - this was replaced around 105K. Still seeing some harsh shifting but I have learned how to driver her to get the shifts right.

It's summer right now so it's not very happy with the heat (looking into an additional tranny cooler right now).

I stumbled across this great in depth video of our tranny disassembled and the mechanic explains what really goes wrong with these transmissions and how most shops will just say rebuild the VB or replace the VB.

Watch and offer your input. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrAe4XBzENc
Great vid my dude...

Abused VQ
O.G.Nat-tral is offline   Send a private message to O.G.Nat-tral Find more posts by O.G.Nat-tral Add O.G.Nat-tral to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2013, 03:29 AM   #3

Official Member #: 10955

Reputation Level: 0
Brandon1023 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Valvebody May Not Be The Fix-All

That pertained to certain model numbers of the transmission. So you'd have to rebuild the entire thing to see where the problem lies? I had my VB replaced in March for 2 grand and here we are almost 6 months later, nearly finished rebuilding my engine. Makes me wish I had the knowledge and experience earlier this year. I somehow see myself urging to rebuild the tranny in the future
Brandon1023 is offline   Send a private message to Brandon1023 Find more posts by Brandon1023 Add Brandon1023 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2013, 07:03 AM   #4

Official Member #: 13992

Reputation Level: 0
NEWFNATHANIEL is an unknown quantity at this point

HEY MAN.I GOT A 05 SE @ 156600 KM'S ALSO STILL UNDER EXTENDED WARRANTY.I TOOK IT TO THE DEALER AND THEY MENTIONED SOMETHING ABOUT A BULLETTON ABOUT THE VALVE BODY.ANYWAYS THE DEALER IS REPLACING THE VALVE BODY NEXT WEEK.I'LL REPOST IF I STILL HAVE ANY PROBLEMS.
NEWFNATHANIEL is offline   Send a private message to NEWFNATHANIEL Find more posts by NEWFNATHANIEL Add NEWFNATHANIEL to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2013, 01:18 PM   Thread Starter #5

Official Member #: 2235

Reputation Level: 9
djliquidice is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Some people have had great success with a new VB or rebuilt VB. I think there are a few of us that just aren't lucky enough to have that option (myself included) Hopefully this can shed light on the problem though. I take this with a grain of salt but this video shows a few flaws with this tranny how certain things heat up excessively and how the shavings clog the solenoids etc..

I just ordered my tranny cooler today on amazon - I gotta pick up some fittings etc from lowes and some tubing but I can't wait to put it on.
djliquidice is offline   Send a private message to djliquidice Find more posts by djliquidice Add djliquidice to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top