Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:43 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 2827

Reputation Level: 9
scotty_mc is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Tuning Up My Ride At 122k

couldnt wait to share this BS wit you guys last week i put my ride in the shop and back in AUG i bought a set of KYB struts for the front end of my car from EBAY. after dropping off my car i get a phone call..."these parts dont fit the front of the car they are rear springs maybe we can throw on the back for you" okay 5min lata next phone call "these just dont go to your car at all...these go to a 98' celica"...in my mind im like WTF DAMN YOU EBAY!!!!! so if any knows someone i can sell these to please let me know ill give them a decent price

The shop replaces my front struts, mounts, and front end links im assuming all monroe parts which arent bad. so my next question for everyone is i need 4 tires more than likely buying 2 at a time. whats a good brand and place to get em from. also i need some engine work my car is idiling pretty loud any ideas? i think my HVAC has some kind of leak in it, wen i turn it on it makes a loud HISSSSSing sound and takes a long to heat up or cool off depending on what im using. please help
scotty_mc is offline   Send a private message to scotty_mc Find more posts by scotty_mc Add scotty_mc to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #2
Executive Member

Official Member #: 1924

Reputation Level: 24
Latinmaxima is on a distinguished road

Visit Latinmaxima's Facebook Visit Latinmaxima's PS3 Profile Visit Latinmaxima's YouTube Visit Latinmaxima's Xbox Gamercard
Default Re: Tuning up my ride at 122k

Can't help with the front struts but It would be best to start fresh with all four tires and rotate them. Then you just have to search for the hvac leak. Listen for where it comes from and start removing panels.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
Senior Moderator
The Capital's 6th Gen

Official Member #: 1765

Reputation Level: 58
officerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

/ Point Value: 10

Supporting Family Member  

Official Ride  

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Tuning Up My Ride At 122k

Can't help you.

FYI - http://my6thgen.org/showthread.php?t=4838
I'll fix it for you.
officerfrasher is offline   Send a private message to officerfrasher Find more posts by officerfrasher Add officerfrasher to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #4
Premier Member

Official Member #: 211

Reputation Level: 42
NiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura aboutNiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura aboutNiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Originally Posted by scotty_mc View Post
couldnt wait to share this BS wit you guys last week i put my ride in the shop and back in AUG i bought a set of KYB struts for the front end of my car from EBAY. after dropping off my car i get a phone call..."these parts dont fit the front of the car they are rear springs maybe we can throw on the back for you" okay 5min lata next phone call "these just dont go to your car at all...these go to a 98' celica"...in my mind im like WTF DAMN YOU EBAY!!!!! so if any knows someone i can sell these to please let me know ill give them a decent price

The shop replaces my front struts, mounts, and front end links im assuming all monroe parts which arent bad. so my next question for everyone is i need 4 tires more than likely buying 2 at a time. whats a good brand and place to get em from. also i need some engine work my car is idiling pretty loud any ideas? i think my HVAC has some kind of leak in it, wen i turn it on it makes a loud HISSSSSing sound and takes a long to heat up or cool off depending on what im using. please help
Scotty First I would contact the eBay seller about the struts, and tell them they sent the wrong struts for you.
This should be in your history and since its eBay/Paypal , you have proof of purchasing them.

I would try to find a solution for this so you don't take a loss.

As for Tires, its one of those thing where you need to shop around , sometimes when you shop around tirerack you can find some close out deals , sometimes your local tire shop is cheaper than internet tire places.

Not sure about your HVAC issue, could be compressor going bad about the hissing sound
NiZMo1o1 is offline   Send a private message to NiZMo1o1 Find more posts by NiZMo1o1 Add NiZMo1o1 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-30-2011, 06:42 PM   Thread Starter #5

Official Member #: 2827

Reputation Level: 9
scotty_mc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1 View Post
Scotty First I would contact the eBay seller about the struts, and tell them they sent the wrong struts for you.
This should be in your history and since its eBay/Paypal , you have proof of purchasing them.

I would try to find a solution for this so you don't take a loss.

As for Tires, its one of those thing where you need to shop around , sometimes when you shop around tirerack you can find some close out deals , sometimes your local tire shop is cheaper than internet tire places.

Not sure about your HVAC issue, could be compressor going bad about the hissing sound
i contacted ebay already about this and i missed the cut off date to file a claim with them didnt know that existed until i called but ill def find some way to take care of that situation

as far as tires ill do some shopping around i should of been more specific wen i asked about the tires. i dont wanna get suckered in by a low price and end up with crappy tires. from what i see on avg 245/45/18's start at about $160 and go up from there

**HVAC UPDATE** i did notice something was leaking i guess antifreeze (cause its green) from a tube that may need to be replaced

thanx for the reply
scotty_mc is offline   Send a private message to scotty_mc Find more posts by scotty_mc Add scotty_mc to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-30-2011, 07:01 PM   #6
Premier Member

Official Member #: 211

Reputation Level: 42
NiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura aboutNiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura aboutNiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Originally Posted by scotty_mc View Post
i contacted ebay already about this and i missed the cut off date to file a claim with them didnt know that existed until i called but ill def find some way to take care of that situation

as far as tires ill do some shopping around i should of been more specific wen i asked about the tires. i dont wanna get suckered in by a low price and end up with crappy tires. from what i see on avg 245/45/18's start at about $160 and go up from there

**HVAC UPDATE** i did notice something was leaking i guess antifreeze (cause its green) from a tube that may need to be replaced

thanx for the reply
take some pics , upper and lower hose on the rad may be going bad
NiZMo1o1 is offline   Send a private message to NiZMo1o1 Find more posts by NiZMo1o1 Add NiZMo1o1 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top