Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:30 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 14616

Reputation Level: 0
mht9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Trans Shop

Does anybody know of a good place in the Minneapolis/St Paul area to get my trans and valve body rebuilt and how much and I looking at for this to be done ? Thanks
mht9999 is offline   Send a private message to mht9999 Find more posts by mht9999 Add mht9999 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2014, 07:48 PM   #2

Official Member #: 6274

Reputation Level: 8
O.G.Nat-tral is an unknown quantity at this point

Visit O.G.Nat-tral's PS3 Profile Visit O.G.Nat-tral's Twitter Visit O.G.Nat-tral's YouTube
Default Re: trans shop

Originally Posted by mht9999 View Post
Does anybody know of a good place in the Minneapolis/St Paul area to get my trans and valve body rebuilt and how much and I looking at for this to be done ? Thanks
If there is an Aamco around, they are pretty good. Just make sure everything is brand new factory parts..

Abused VQ
O.G.Nat-tral is offline   Send a private message to O.G.Nat-tral Find more posts by O.G.Nat-tral Add O.G.Nat-tral to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-28-2014, 07:21 AM   Thread Starter #3

Official Member #: 14616

mht9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Trans Shop

Well I took it to Aamco . They took it for a test drive and got a bunch of codes . I never had a code for the past 5000 miles the tranny was acting up . And now the car runs really bad . I told them it probably was the valvebody and they just didn't want to listen . Also I found out they don't do tranny work . They send it out .So I guess I'll keep looking . But I need it fix now more than ever .
mht9999 is offline   Send a private message to mht9999 Find more posts by mht9999 Add mht9999 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-28-2014, 09:44 PM   #4

Official Member #: 11257

Magdalene is an unknown quantity at this point

Visit Magdalene's Facebook
Default Re: Trans Shop

If you want to do it yourself or just get parts go to www.levelten.com. they have all the needed parts and complete trannies to. So, trade your old tranny in for the core drop $3298 for a level ten built tranny some shipping, have a local reputable shop do the swap, box up the old core and send it to level ten. and you are done. Fixes all tranny issues or spend $4298 and don' mess with the core. They also have all the parts to rebuild your slushbox and new improved valvebodies too. Just an Idea. I am planning on doing a level 10 tranny b4 next winter.
Magdalene is offline   Send a private message to Magdalene Find more posts by Magdalene Add Magdalene to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top