Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:13 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 144

Reputation Level: 0
shift_twinz is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Tranny Crapped Out!

So saturday night i was driving and my tranny started to chatter...aka vibrations when i release the brake pedal for it to move...after that it was done..tranny wouldnt go nowhere in drive or reverse...

I brought my car back in february and i remember them telling me that i got 3 months warranty on my engine and tranny..so i basically figured i was screwed and had to pay to fix this...so to cut corners i called the dealership to scream on them to see if i can get them to either fix it or help me pay fix it...and the service guy says..hey call up the warranty person at our dealership and see if u have any extra warranty on the car because alot of people dont know they have extra warranty...so i said hey let me give it a try...to make a long story short...my wife brought the car for me and purchased 2years extra warranty .... so now my car is at Dolphin Transmission in brooklyn getting the tranny rebuilt and they are using the new upgraded valve body from nissan that has no more issues...ill keep yall posted on how this goes and how their work is...plus i get 2 or 3 years warranty on their work...dont remember which one...so lets see...oh and he's gonna install a tranny cooler for me at the same time

Last edited by shift_twinz; 11-04-2010 at 04:37 PM.
shift_twinz is offline   Send a private message to shift_twinz Find more posts by shift_twinz Add shift_twinz to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
King Of R.I
Donating Member

Official Member #: 114

Reputation Level: 33
BLKMAGIC has a spectacular aura aboutBLKMAGIC has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

My Awards:
V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Banner of The Month  

/ Point Value: 10

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

/ Point Value: 5

Honorable Ride  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

Default Re: Tranny crapped out!

thats awesome man, good luck with the whole thing!
2004 Ford F150 Lariat Supercrew
1991 Nissan Maxima GXE
BLKMAGIC is offline   Send a private message to BLKMAGIC Find more posts by BLKMAGIC Add BLKMAGIC to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
Banned

Official Member #: 328

My Awards:

That's great news man....glad they lived up to their warranty. I know the dealerships over here wouldn't even try telling you about it. Keep us updated!
maximus is banned   Send a private message to maximus Find more posts by maximus Add maximus to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
Donating Member

Official Member #: 57

Reputation Level: 14
Biggden434 is on a distinguished road

My Awards:
Honorable Ride  

Sorry to hear about the crapped out tranny but its great to hear that u dont have to come out of pocket $$$$ for it to get repaired... Keep us posted..
Old 11-04-2010, 04:39 PM   Thread Starter #5

thanks guys i will let yall know....the owner of dolphin sounds pretty confident that his rebuilds are amongst the best...they do have a impressive shop with more than 10 lifts or about that...so well c if he can back his word up..he also showed me a list of customers who won 04 to 06 maxes who have gotten rebuilds and the list is pretty long and he says he no one has came back so far ...
shift_twinz is offline   Send a private message to shift_twinz Find more posts by shift_twinz Add shift_twinz to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2010, 06:26 PM   Thread Starter #6

Default Re: Tranny Crapped Out!

so i just got my car back and test drove it....really test drove it...and the car drives like a dream!!!! i wish i could let all of yall drive it..lol....im expecting it to kick back around 2-3k rpm and it doesnt...its smooth and faster than i thought it was...hopefully this last long and i do alot of driving so i got 12 months warranty or 12,000 miles..whichever comes first...so well see how this last...but i recommend DOLPHIN TRANSMISSIONS in brooklyn to anyone who wants to get their tranny rebuilt..the guys are professional and keep u updated as to wat is going on with the car day by day!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 01:24 AM   #7
Banned

My Awards:

Very nice....I'm sure your tranny is gonna be good for a while. Now you get to focus on mods and stuff like that.

What's next? You got any pics of your ride?
maximus is banned   Send a private message to maximus Find more posts by maximus Add maximus to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-10-2010, 02:27 AM   #8

Official Member #: 88

Reputation Level: 11
durell_usmc is an unknown quantity at this point

sweet bro... I swear all the good shops, fast 6thgens and etc... are up ther in ny...........ny reeally got it going on.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:46 AM   #9
Banned

My Awards:

I know right.....there's nothing where I am that remotely even know what the hell they are doing