Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:25 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 18243

Reputation Level: 3
Nichemax is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Supra stick tranny controller?

Has anyone run this tranny controller? Are there platforms to set it up without guess work??
Old 01-05-2017, 01:08 PM   Thread Starter #2

Default Re: Supra stick tranny controller?

No one on here has tried this??? The guy runs 11second 1/4 on a naturally aspirated automatic. The Supra stick is a standalone transmission management that runs solely without need of an ecu. And it's only 460.00. It's made specifically for maximas. I'm definitely ordering it in a few days. I just hoped someone here may have used one. Since I'm pretty stupid with computers. But I'll pay someone to set it up if I can find a shop near me capable.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:40 PM   #3
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 6257

Reputation Level: 11
sprocketser is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks interesting , not that I need one ( manual ) any links to it ! might interest other people around, never know.
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-09-2017, 05:56 PM   Thread Starter #4

Www.latentsolutions.com

Watch the videos of his gen5 maxima running 11 sec quarter mile with n/a auto. It's hilarious. He smokes numerous fast v8 sports cars
Old 01-09-2017, 06:28 PM   #5
Reputable Member

Originally Posted by Nichemax View Post
Www.latentsolutions.com

Watch the videos of his gen5 maxima running 11 sec quarter mile with n/a auto. It's hilarious. He smokes numerous fast v8 sports cars
Thanx , appreciate the comeback . Will check it out.
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,

Last edited by sprocketser; 01-09-2017 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Added stuff
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-11-2017, 12:40 PM   Thread Starter #6

Isn't that impressive?? Gives me new found hope for my auto max. I didn't plan on doing too much since it's an automatic. But it was given to me so I wanted to have fun with it. Having found that site I now have plans to beef up the transmission with their products then move forward with possible forces induction.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:59 PM   #7
Reputable Member

That would be great . I don t remember where it s at , but 2-3 places that either modded or had better parts for your tranny , or my the former s car s tranny , Rostra was making something inside the tranny & 1 or 2 other of wich I don t remember , they were pretty good , it was on my shopping list.

Rostra , Level10 , Transgo are great for your tranny.

Here s one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gj2j5kFcUs

Her s a good one also: http://www.levelten.com/Level_10_PTS...-g110-9000.htm

Last edited by sprocketser; 01-11-2017 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 01-11-2017, 05:08 PM   #8
Reputable Member

Also Sonnax makes some parts for the 6 a/t .
Old 01-12-2017, 12:26 PM   Thread Starter #9

I was planning on the transgo. But coming from turbo diesels I like the idea of full electronic control. In past I have had heavily boosted autos that launch with transmission managment. Having full control of torque converter,shift points,pressure,rpm,and even downshift points is next to perfect. I don't need a ton more power from this car. But I've learned tranny replacement is way too cost invested for me. I'd rather plan for the worst. I have a 72mm turbo on my power stroke and I lost all gears last year. 6k later I'd much rather buy a sub 500.00 part to protect my investment. I'll give it a shot in a month or so when the weather improves and put a full follow up on here.
Nichemax is offline   Send a private message to Nichemax Find more posts by Nichemax Add Nichemax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #10
Reputable Member

Oddly enough while reading some Max mods in another max forum , one had it on his , small world !
Old 01-21-2017, 10:45 PM   Thread Starter #11

Really?? I'm dying to find someone with it in a newer gen max to see how it works. My only concern is if there are platforms for my year to go off. My luck is mess everything up and spend days trying to get it normal again. I'm not sure how user friendly it is.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:02 AM   #12
Reputable Member

Well, guess it was on older gens , I would try to get in touch with Supra Stick & ask them , might help in there.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:15 AM   #13

Official Member #: 18263

Reputation Level: 0
Sideways the Seven is an unknown quantity at this point

I've heard of them, but never knew anyone that had one. I was looking into them back when I had my auto SER.
1981 Chevrolet Silverado RCLB (heh, try me)
Sideways the Seven is offline   Send a private message to Sideways the Seven Find more posts by Sideways the Seven Add Sideways the Seven to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2017, 10:22 AM   #14
Reputable Member

Originally Posted by Sideways the Seven View Post
I've heard of them, but never knew anyone that had one. I was looking into them back when I had my auto SER.
Nice seeing you here ! lol
Sideways the Seven (01-27-2017)
Old 01-27-2017, 10:30 AM   #15

Originally Posted by sprocketser View Post
Nice seeing you here ! lol
LOL! Thanks, man. I figured it was time to finally get on here.
Sideways the Seven is offline   Send a private message to Sideways the Seven Find more posts by Sideways the Seven Add Sideways the Seven to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2017, 10:34 AM   #16
Reputable Member

Originally Posted by Sideways the Seven View Post
LOL! Thanks, man. I figured it was time to finally get on here.
lol, yep, after all these years !
Sideways the Seven (02-16-2017)
Old 01-27-2017, 11:23 AM   Thread Starter #17

I wrote to them. I'll copy paste the reply in regards to 6gen. When I get a reply.
Nichemax is offline   Send a private message to Nichemax Find more posts by Nichemax Add Nichemax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2017, 01:39 PM   Thread Starter #18

Hit a wall. Apaarantly the unit can only work with 4 speed autos. Won't work with 5 speed. So dead end. I'm super bummed. Transgo it is I guess.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:06 AM   #19

Originally Posted by Nichemax View Post
Hit a wall. Apaarantly the unit can only work with 4 speed autos. Won't work with 5 speed. So dead end. I'm super bummed. Transgo it is I guess.
Sucks! Well, at least you still have an option with the Transgo though.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:02 AM   Thread Starter #20

True. Had hopes up for a stand alone controller. Why wouldn't they expand the product. That would open up a huge market. Not many true 4soeed autos left.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:04 AM   #21

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube

Yeah, transgo is the way to go!

I actually just had my 4spd Auto Fully Built. Posted it in my build thread.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top