Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:57 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 15020

Reputation Level: 6
07BluMagic is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Visit 07BluMagic's Xbox Gamercard
Default Squealing Unbearable

so this winter I notice something different with sapphire. Now for some odd reason any time that I start my car I get squealing coming from the belts. Last winter never did it granted I bought the car in Februaryit was still colder than what it is now. what im also noticing is that when I have the heater on about 40 percent of the time it will squeal but once I get on the gas, hit a certain speed and then get off of the gas it will stop. or if I'm already at a constant speed and I turned the defroster on it won't start squealing until I come to a light. Fan speed also drop down window squealing start if I have it on high.

took it to the dealer for a free oil change and ask him to check the belt the belt squeal fine what could this possibly be? belts were changed a year ago
07BluMagic is offline   Send a private message to 07BluMagic Find more posts by 07BluMagic Add 07BluMagic to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-15-2014, 09:53 AM   #2
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 6257

Reputation Level: 11
sprocketser is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Squealing Unbearable

Wonder if it s the blower fan itself .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-15-2014, 10:36 AM   Thread Starter #3

That would cause the squeal? I thought at times it could be the compressor for the AC because when the defroster comes on it comes on to but it never did that before last winter
07BluMagic is offline   Send a private message to 07BluMagic Find more posts by 07BluMagic Add 07BluMagic to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-15-2014, 10:44 AM   #4
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 6257

Reputation Level: 11
sprocketser is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure , just saying . Just check for a/c compressor while a/c s running , might give you a clue where it comes from . It can be at some places there , I know it sux .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-15-2014, 03:45 PM   Thread Starter #5

It b will do it while the ac is on but the dealer said its Judy condensation on the belts
Old 12-15-2014, 04:49 PM   #6
Official Member

Official Member #: 16004

Reputation Level: 5
MAnNy07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Sounds like it could be the A/C compressor belt or the compressor itself. Stand out side the car and have someone turn the a/c on while you have the hood open and looking down at the belts and see if the noise is coming from there when the a/c is truned on. Or the compressor might be seized, tighten the the belts most importantly check serpentine belt.
MAnNy07 is offline   Send a private message to MAnNy07 Find more posts by MAnNy07 Add MAnNy07 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-15-2014, 06:00 PM   Thread Starter #7

Carfax said belts were changes last november before i brought the car. So they 'should' be ok. I'll try the ac thingg tonight once my girlfriend gets off of work. If the compressor is siezed the clutch wouldnt even engage and spin correct? Either way if it is the ac then it falls under my ext warrenty n i just gotta pay $116 at rhe bissan dealer to get it fixed
Old 12-23-2014, 08:36 AM   Thread Starter #8

so I've come to the conclusion after many days of testing different theory is that the squeaking is coming from my alternator. I finally realize this the other night when I was driving I had my lights on which are 55 watt 5 K and I had my heater on. I came to a stop at the light about the engine bog down slightly I rode the passenger window down and I heard the slight squeaking. So as I pull off from the light as usual it starts squeaking loud. now mind you this is during the day.

so I left my heater on turn my head lights off and the car never. Did it again. Ive also tested it at night and came with the same result. so what are my possible option I can do to fix the issue I'm assuming it would be to get a stronger alternator or get 35 watt HIDs from DDM the only thing I would complain about with that is my brightness wouldn't be as good as it is now. Last year i had 35w 6k and i never had the sqealing.
Dislikes: (1)
MAnNy07 (12-23-2014)
Old 12-23-2014, 08:37 AM   Thread Starter #9

so I've come to the conclusion after many days of testing different theory is that the squeaking is coming from my alternator. I finally realize this the other night when I was driving I had my lights on which are 55 watt 5 K and I had my heater on. I came to a stop at the light about the engine bog down slightly I rode the passenger window down and I heard the slight squeaking. So as I pull off from the light as usual it starts squeaking loud. now mind you this is during the day.

so I left my heater on turn my head lights off and the car never. Did it again. Ive also tested it at night and came with the same result. so what are my possible option I can do to fix the issue I'm assuming it would be to get a stronger alternator or get 35 watt HIDs from DDM the only thing I would complain about with that is my brightness wouldn't be as good as it is now. Last year i had 35w 6k and i never had the sqealing.