Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:52 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 181

Reputation Level: 10
Smoken'07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Spittin and Sputterin

So she gave me a scare tonight for the first time. I have an 07 SL with 52k on it. No issues at all and tonight it started a little funny. As soon as i turned the key, it didnt sound right. When it turned over, the car was just spitting and sputtering and the tach was jumpin all over. Right away I'm freaking out. So I turn it off, wait a minute and same thing but not as bad. So i said screw it and backed out and put it in Drive and started slow. hesitated a little but leveled out and was fine all the way home. Turned it off and restarted when home and was fine.

Funny thing is, my wife just came home and said her car did the same thing (09 Legacy). I'm thinking maybe the elevation where we were? Humidity in the air due to melting snow? I dunno.

Ill be honest, since i have bought the car, I have yet to do any kind of tune up on it so maybe I should. I would think this may have been weather related since my wifes car did the same thing but it's got me freaked out a little.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance
Smoken'07 is offline   Send a private message to Smoken'07 Find more posts by Smoken'07 Add Smoken'07 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #2
Administrator

Official Member #: 75

Reputation Level: 20
Qwikhas will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Spittin and Sputterin

perhaps it was bad gas from a local station. Did you guys get gas from the same place??
Old 02-16-2011, 10:24 PM   Thread Starter #3

Official Member #: 181

Reputation Level: 10
Smoken'07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Same brand different stations. I'm 150 miles into my tank too. I thought about that bt when it leveled off and she told me her problem....i dunno
Smoken'07 is offline   Send a private message to Smoken'07 Find more posts by Smoken'07 Add Smoken'07 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #4
Administrator

Official Member #: 75

Reputation Level: 20
Qwikhas will become famous soon enough

we had a station here that there was a leak in the tank and peoples cars were acting up. If it persists and you guys are covered under a warranty, i wouldnt hesistate to say take it into the dealer. Just make sure they will be able to reproduce the problem prior to taking it to them. You dont live in the mountains so i doubt its anything humidity related and you surely shouldnt need a tune up.