Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:15 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 4531

Reputation Level: 0
geb63point5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Shift Solenoid B Malfunction NATS Malfuction After Valve Body Replacement

I've got a shift solenoid B malfunction and a NATS Malfunction after I replaced my valve body (from the dealer). Slams into reverse and a bit harder than normal into drive. When it engages in drive it falls straight to 5th gear. It seems to also have second gear if shifted manually, but it shifts hard into either one of those gears.
Here's the kicker! When I reset the ECU it shifts into drive and reverse just fine, but by the time it takes to take my foot off the gas I hear what sounds like a computer shutting down (whining noise) and I can feel the gears changing from 1st to 5th and the CEL comes back on.
Any help would be great, I feel like I'm making progress at least. lol
geb63point5 is offline   Send a private message to geb63point5 Find more posts by geb63point5 Add geb63point5 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 1598

Reputation Level: 21
smittybizzle will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Shift Solenoid B Malfunction NATS Malfuction After Valve Body Replacement

I'm not trying to be rude but keep you thread in one place . Like I said before get your old valve body and take the new one out . Keep them seperated !!!! Take measure ments of your SLU,SLS, and SLT linear solenoids . Then transfer them to the new valve body . You have to take two retainer bolts off to remove the solenoids . Also take the measurments and turn them into rotations if you follow me or do 8 turns in on the Black SLU and 4 1/2 on the Green and Blue . The adjustment starts when the thread is latched in on the solenoids . PM me your number if you need help .
smittybizzle is offline   Send a private message to smittybizzle Find more posts by smittybizzle Add smittybizzle to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #3

Official Member #: 504

Nismo_Max04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Shift Solenoid B Malfunction NATS Malfuction After Valve Body Replacement

Happened to mine too when I first had mine replaced. Had to have level 10 send me a new solonoid to my shop and once they replaced it it worked perfectly fine...sounds like smittys advice should solve it tho
Nismo_Max04 is offline   Send a private message to Nismo_Max04 Find more posts by Nismo_Max04 Add Nismo_Max04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #4

Official Member #: 5221

mikejones3974 is an unknown quantity at this point

I took my battery out to swap out solenoid in transmission again and it was a wire coming from the transmission was just sitting inside a connector. I spliced the wire, tied it together and just put the battery back in. Guess what? No more stuck in 5th gear. Don't waste money with a shop. Check the wires yourself!
mikejones3974 is offline   Send a private message to mikejones3974 Find more posts by mikejones3974 Add mikejones3974 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #5
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 1598

Reputation Level: 21
smittybizzle will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mikejones3974 View Post
I took my battery out to swap out solenoid in transmission again and it was a wire coming from the transmission was just sitting inside a connector. I spliced the wire, tied it together and just put the battery back in. Guess what? No more stuck in 5th gear. Don't waste money with a shop. Check the wires yourself!
So what was wrong with your valve body ?
smittybizzle is offline   Send a private message to smittybizzle Find more posts by smittybizzle Add smittybizzle to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top