Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:42 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 5202

Reputation Level: 8
Safiloo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Rostra Solenoids Any Good?

Has anyone tried this solenoids:
I dont have tranny problems yet, but are this three the ones that cause the problem everybody have with theyre 5 speeds? Is that so, I will change it myself, theyre only $227 shipped. Thanks in advance! Happy Xmas from Puerto Rico! BTW.
Safiloo1 is offline   Send a private message to Safiloo1 Find more posts by Safiloo1 Add Safiloo1 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:21 AM   #2

Official Member #: 4316

Reputation Level: 0
nissan2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Rostra Solenoids any good?

Yes they are. Mine used to kick hard from 1-2 gear when the car was warm after 15 minutes of driving. Also after warm it used to have a 5 second delay from Park to Drive until it would kick really bad into gear. Did tons of research also and bought these 3 rostra solenoids and it drives much better. The 5 second delay and kick from Park to Drive is gone and the 1-2 is gone also. The only thing I have noticed is that at low speed accelerations the 1-2 does not kick hard anymore but it feels like the clutch pressure has been increased because they are not that soft it might just need an adjustment to the rostra solenoids but I don't want to mess with it anymore. Other than that the car feels way better than it did after adding the rostra solenoids. I've had the rostra solenoids installed in my car now for about two months. By the way mine is the 5 speed automatic.
Latinmaxima (12-13-2012)
nissan2012 is offline   Send a private message to nissan2012 Find more posts by nissan2012 Add nissan2012 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:58 AM   Thread Starter #3

Official Member #: 5202

Reputation Level: 8
Safiloo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nissan2012 View Post
Yes they are. Mine used to kick hard from 1-2 gear when the car was warm after 15 minutes of driving. Also after warm it used to have a 5 second delay from Park to Drive until it would kick really bad into gear. Did tons of research also and bought these 3 rostra solenoids and it drives much better. The 5 second delay and kick from Park to Drive is gone and the 1-2 is gone also. The only thing I have noticed is that at low speed accelerations the 1-2 does not kick hard anymore but it feels like the clutch pressure has been increased because they are not that soft it might just need an adjustment to the rostra solenoids but I don't want to mess with it anymore. Other than that the car feels way better than it did after adding the rostra solenoids. I've had the rostra solenoids installed in my car now for about two months. By the way mine is the 5 speed automatic.
Thanks my friend, that was I wanted to hear.
Safiloo1 is offline   Send a private message to Safiloo1 Find more posts by Safiloo1 Add Safiloo1 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #4
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 1598

Reputation Level: 21
smittybizzle will become famous soon enough

I have them also , good to go .
smittybizzle is offline   Send a private message to smittybizzle Find more posts by smittybizzle Add smittybizzle to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-07-2013, 03:36 AM   #5

Official Member #: 6049

NMax505 is on a distinguished road

Have them too working great 5 months now
smittybizzle (01-07-2013)
NMax505 is offline   Send a private message to NMax505 Find more posts by NMax505 Add NMax505 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #6

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube

Haven't seen any issues with these yet. As long as they are properly installed, you will be fine.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
BurntOrangeAppeal (01-07-2013)
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
Reputable Member

Default Re: Rostra Solenoids Any Good?

Key word properly .
smittybizzle is offline   Send a private message to smittybizzle Find more posts by smittybizzle Add smittybizzle to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #8

Official Member #: 4372

maxi91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where are you ordering them from?
maxi91 is offline   Send a private message to maxi91 Find more posts by maxi91 Add maxi91 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #9
Reputable Member

Ebay .
Old 01-15-2013, 04:26 AM   #10

Official Member #: 5078

UchihaNismo is an unknown quantity at this point

Visit UchihaNismo's Facebook

I got mine from the local Transtar shop. They were only $207 out the door. But it all depends on your codes more then your symptoms. I had all the same problems and now im stuck in "5th" gear, fail safe mode 1. My code is P0795 (somehow no one else on this planet has delt with this yet lol) and when you break that code down it means i have a faulty wire between the TCM and the actual solenoid. So even tho these solenids are great and do exactly what they say, it didnt fix MY problem. But seeing as you have no problems/symptoms, you might save yourself an infinit amount of stress if you get them and swap them out before they go bad. But then again commen sense says "why fix whats not broken?" A wise turtle once said "one often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it". You'll be kickin yourself in the ass if you swap them out and GET a problem instead of preventing one. You've got a rare gem (maxima w/out tranny issues is ALMOST unheard of) I'd wait and see what happens. If they go out then swap them. If not then thats time and money saved.
UchihaNismo is offline   Send a private message to UchihaNismo Find more posts by UchihaNismo Add UchihaNismo to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #11

Official Member #: 6792

Beyond sublime is an unknown quantity at this point

Just finished swapping out the 3 SOLENOID off the valve body. Working great could tell right off the back that there shifting great. Will see in a couple days. Best part was I didn't have to remove the whole valve body off the car. Once I removed the cover the valve body cover I was able to swap them out.
Latinmaxima (01-27-2013)
Beyond sublime is offline   Send a private message to Beyond sublime Find more posts by Beyond sublime Add Beyond sublime to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-05-2013, 02:24 AM   #12

Official Member #: 5078

UchihaNismo is an unknown quantity at this point

Visit UchihaNismo's Facebook

So did you have to do a tcm re-initialization? Or have to go to the dealer to clear the codes from the tcm, ecm and eeprom?
UchihaNismo is offline   Send a private message to UchihaNismo Find more posts by UchihaNismo Add UchihaNismo to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top