Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 02-08-2015, 02:21 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 6559

Reputation Level: 7
Lownismo is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Please Help!!! Only have Fifth gear. And already broke two motor mounts

Please help you guys. 12 days ago, I started my car and it barely started. It sounded like it was choking or something. But it started , and I get on the interstate and I'm crushing along. After about 20 minutes of driving, it felt like I got hit by another car all of a sudden. My car jerked and my car died on the interstate. I started the car back up. To get the car to move it would have get up to 5 or 6 thousand rpms to get moving. I moved the shifter over and it only had fifth gear. So I had it towed to my dads carlot. So last Monday they replaced 2 cam shaft sensors. And some motors mounts that broke on the interstate, when this happened. So I've been driving it since Wednesday without any problems. Until this morning now the same thing has happened again. It won't hardly start, and only had fifth gear. WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!
Lownismo is offline   Send a private message to Lownismo Find more posts by Lownismo Add Lownismo to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-08-2015, 02:45 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 16004

Reputation Level: 5
MAnNy07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
Default Re: Please Help!!! Only have Fifth gear. And already broke two motor mounts

Where did you get the sensors from?
MAnNy07 is offline   Send a private message to MAnNy07 Find more posts by MAnNy07 Add MAnNy07 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-08-2015, 03:52 PM   Thread Starter #3

Official Member #: 6559

Lownismo is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Please Help!!! Only have Fifth gear. And already broke two motor mounts

Nissan
Lownismo is offline   Send a private message to Lownismo Find more posts by Lownismo Add Lownismo to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2015, 08:56 PM   #4
Premier Member

Official Member #: 211

Reputation Level: 42
NiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura aboutNiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura aboutNiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

look under the battery trey , there is a ground wire that is probably broken because of corrision , replace or add more grounds from the transmission onto a body.

check to see if you got any codes as well , if you replace the cam sensor , try checking the connectors at the end. sometimes the clip comes loose
NiZMo1o1 is offline   Send a private message to NiZMo1o1 Find more posts by NiZMo1o1 Add NiZMo1o1 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2015, 08:57 PM   #5
Premier Member

Official Member #: 211

Reputation Level: 42
NiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura aboutNiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura aboutNiZMo1o1 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

look under the battery trey , there is a ground wire that is probably broken because of corrision , replace or add more grounds from the transmission onto a body.

check to see if you got any codes as well , if you replace the cam sensor , try checking the connectors at the end. sometimes the clip comes loose
NiZMo1o1 is offline   Send a private message to NiZMo1o1 Find more posts by NiZMo1o1 Add NiZMo1o1 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2015, 11:15 PM   #6
Official Member

Official Member #: 7325

05blkmax5761 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow....that's tuff man. You replaced both sensors and it's still acting up. It can't be them there OEM the ebay sensors are effin trash. I don't know what too tell you bruh but GL
Old 02-11-2015, 02:02 PM   #7
Official Member

Official Member #: 2035

Reputation Level: 10
Costee is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

You must have pulled a code. Unfortunately you were not told. If the cam sensors were oem, and the problem persists then it could be the crank sensor. The crank and cam sensors have a way of working together. However, always ensure your car is scanned before such repairs.
Costee is online now   Send a private message to Costee Find more posts by Costee Add Costee to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top