Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:07 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 17826

Reputation Level: 0
bradford is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Please help fail-safe mode!!

Alright so i bought the wife an 05 maxima a few months back we love the car but im having trouble with it. Had to replace the power steering pump a couple weeks ago and shes been doing fine until yesterday. We were at a redlight when all of a sudden the car went into limp mode and i got ses light slip and tcs lights. Turned the car off and restarted drove about 20 miles and it happened again. When i got home i plugged it into the obd2 and got these codes: p1229 confirmed, sensor power circuit and p1446 vent control valve. It happens everytime i drive now it drives fine for a minute then bam slip light and tcs off light no response from the throttle. I dont have the cash to just start replacing sensors i need someone to point me in the correct direction to start. I thought possibly psp sensor but doesnt seem like that would cause it to go into limp mode..... any advice is greatly appreciated im looking forward to hear what advice you fellas have for me we love the car and dont want to give up on it.
bradford is offline   Send a private message to bradford Find more posts by bradford Add bradford to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2016, 06:36 PM   Thread Starter #2

Default Re: Please help fail-safe mode!!

Am I asking a stupid question or does Noone have a clue what to tell me about it??? I've got 27 views so far and no comment, if I'm missing something someone can at least tell me I'm an idiot
bradford is offline   Send a private message to bradford Find more posts by bradford Add bradford to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-16-2016, 02:17 AM   #3

Official Member #: 6540

Reputation Level: 8
incubus0111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry man, the folks that could answer that question for you are not active any more. i am not sure if you searched but i found a thread that touched on the subject.

Link 1
incubus0111 is offline   Send a private message to incubus0111 Find more posts by incubus0111 Add incubus0111 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-16-2016, 06:49 AM   Thread Starter #4

Originally Posted by incubus0111 View Post
Sorry man, the folks that could answer that question for you are not active any more. i am not sure if you searched but i found a thread that touched on the subject.

Link 1
I've found a bunch but most weren't resolved or didn't have the exact same problem. Thank for the reply maybe someone will chime in eventually