Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:42 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 15811

Reputation Level: 0
bludsaber is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Major problems after transgo in 04 Max

Sent this to a reputable member but figured I should get all the help and advice I can get. Being military I don't have a ton of cash to throw around so I went the transgo shift kit route that many other 6th gen members had success with to try to save money on the shifting issues I was having. I did a search and this problem does not seem common

I just put the transgo shift kit in my 2004 5sp (RE5F22A). After first run I drove about 30 miles after doing the first to 5th gear 4 times and everything seemed ok except for loss in acceleration (felt like it started out in 2nd gear). Once the transmission got up to normal operating temperature the check engine light came on and my baby would not move at all anymore(P0744 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Intermittent). After allowing the car to sit for a while and cool off I had forward gears but no reverse until the temp got back to operating temp and then lost forward again. Took valve body back apart to inspect and found nothing wrong. All accumulator checks were in the correct locations according to the Transgo instructions and where they were when I took the valve body apart. Reinstalled and still no reverse but could drive forward until temp got up then nothing again. EPC, TCC, and Accum solenoids? Replace whole valve body? Burned up whole tranny? I'm really stressing here any help/advice is GREATLY appreciated.
bludsaber is offline   Send a private message to bludsaber Find more posts by bludsaber Add bludsaber to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top