Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:36 PM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 3386

Reputation Level: 10
mydas13 is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default IGN & ECCS Fuse Keep Blowing

I have a 04 6spd Maxima and my car recently shut off on me while driving. I checked the normal stuff but I'm a novice so couldn't really find anything. I had it towed to a shop and they found out the ign&eccs fuse was blown. they replaced it and all was good for a week. Then it happened again right before I made it home. Again the same fuse was blown so I tried to put another in to get home but as soon as i put it in gear and hit the gas it blew it again. I ended up having to get it towed the about 200 ft I needed to get home. I got under the car and noticed a wire grounded to the frame was just hanging and I honestly have no idea how long it has been doing so. After some googling and research I came to the conclusion it was supposed to be grounded to the transmission so I found a spot and grounded it. My car is still doing the same thing and I have no idea where to start troubleshooting. Any advice would be appreciated.
mydas13 is offline   Send a private message to mydas13 Find more posts by mydas13 Add mydas13 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-30-2017, 12:01 AM   #2
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 1598

Reputation Level: 21
smittybizzle will become famous soon enough

Default Re: IGN & ECCS Fuse Keep Blowing

Not sure man, may have to just get it diagnosed.
smittybizzle is offline   Send a private message to smittybizzle Find more posts by smittybizzle Add smittybizzle to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-30-2017, 09:41 AM   #3

Official Member #: 6274

Reputation Level: 8
O.G.Nat-tral is an unknown quantity at this point

Visit O.G.Nat-tral's PS3 Profile Visit O.G.Nat-tral's Twitter Visit O.G.Nat-tral's YouTube
Default Re: IGN & ECCS Fuse Keep Blowing

Yea brother, I would have to see the car in person for a better diagnoses. Keep us posted.

Abused VQ
O.G.Nat-tral is offline   Send a private message to O.G.Nat-tral Find more posts by O.G.Nat-tral Add O.G.Nat-tral to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top