Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:17 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 4793

Reputation Level: 0
aplante22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Help, SES, TCS And Slip Light Are All On

So i was driving and my ses light came on, shortly after my tcs and slip light came on and my car would not take gas. When i push the pedal the car does not go. Also it will stall on its own.

I disconnected the battery for a little and then tried it again and the car started and the lights were off. When i starting driving a little bit the ses light came back on shortly followed by the tcs and sip light. Again, pressing the gas does nothing but rev up about 100rpm.

Any ideas? I just bought the car.

2005 maxima 6 speed.

Some more details..

Disconnected the battery for about a half hour and turned it back on. Only the ses light was on but the car ran fine and drove fine. drove it for about an hour. In the morning the next day i drove it and it ran fine so i went to advance auto to get the code read. Code came back P1065 ECM power supply circuit. after he read the code i turned the car on and within 20 seconds the TCS and Slip light came back on. Had him run the codes again and it came back as throttle positioning sensor. and a couple other things with the throttle. He cleared the codes so i could get home cause the car would no drive. On my way home they cam on again when i was stopped and the car stalled itself. restarted it and they were off but the SES, drove about a half mile and they came back on and the car stalled, i was at a stop again. did the same thing 2 more time until i got home. So when i start the car, the ses light is on. 30 seconds later the tcs and slip light come and 30 seconds after that it stalls. right after it stalls i can here a clicking noise from around the intake manifold for about 5 seconds.

Any ideas cause i have no clue please help.
aplante22 is offline   Send a private message to aplante22 Find more posts by aplante22 Add aplante22 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
Glendales Official 6th Gen

Official Member #: 2651

Reputation Level: 36
Kenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

/ Point Value: 5

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

/ Point Value: 10

Visit Kenny's PS3 Profile Visit Kenny's Xbox Gamercard
Default re: Help, SES, TCS And Slip Light Are All On

From my knowledge the gas pedal increasing your rpms without the car moving much would be your transmission, but you have a 6spd so I don't really know

Follow Me On Instagram/Twitter:@0mg350z
Kenny is offline   Send a private message to Kenny Find more posts by Kenny Add Kenny to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
Burnt Orange

Official Member #: 2887

Reputation Level: 34
BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

Default re: Help, SES, TCS And Slip Light Are All On

Originally Posted by aplante22 View Post
So i was driving and my ses light came on, shortly after my tcs and slip light came on and my car would not take gas. When i push the pedal the car does not go. Also it will stall on its own.

I disconnected the battery for a little and then tried it again and the car started and the lights were off. When i starting driving a little bit the ses light came back on shortly followed by the tcs and sip light. Again, pressing the gas does nothing but rev up about 100rpm.

Any ideas? I just bought the car.

2005 maxima 6 speed.

Some more details..

Disconnected the battery for about a half hour and turned it back on. Only the ses light was on but the car ran fine and drove fine. drove it for about an hour. In the morning the next day i drove it and it ran fine so i went to advance auto to get the code read. Code came back P1065 ECM power supply circuit. after he read the code i turned the car on and within 20 seconds the TCS and Slip light came back on. Had him run the codes again and it came back as throttle positioning sensor. and a couple other things with the throttle. He cleared the codes so i could get home cause the car would no drive. On my way home they cam on again when i was stopped and the car stalled itself. restarted it and they were off but the SES, drove about a half mile and they came back on and the car stalled, i was at a stop again. did the same thing 2 more time until i got home. So when i start the car, the ses light is on. 30 seconds later the tcs and slip light come and 30 seconds after that it stalls. right after it stalls i can here a clicking noise from around the intake manifold for about 5 seconds.

Any ideas cause i have no clue please help.
P0165 is for the ECM Backup/circuit.....
Your ECM might have gone south.....
One thing I would try is the following.

1.Clear the HARD code CEL light
2.Reset the ECM manually.

THis is how to reset the ECM, Idle air relearn and accelerator position released.
If the symptoms come back and you only have a code for P1065 then you might want to start looking for ECM or throttle body....Have you had other issues? history of problems?

Accelerator Pedal Release Position Learning

Operation Procedure

1. Make sure that the accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
3. Turn ignition switch OFF? wait at least 10 seconds.
4. Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn ignition switch OFF wait at least 10 seconds.

Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning

Operation Procedures

1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch ON.
3. Turn ignition switch is OFF wait at least 10 seconds.

Idle Air Volume Learning (Throttle Position Learning)

It is better to count the time accurately with a clock.

Operation Procedures

1. Perform Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning.
2. Perform Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning.
3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.
5. Conform that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch ON and wait 3 seconds.
6. Repeat the following (steps 7a, 7b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
7a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD)
7b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
8. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the Check Engine Light (CEL) stops blinking and turned ON.
9. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the CEL is ON.
10. Start engine and let it idle.

ECM RELEARN

Here is a quick way to reset your ECU. It is also known to clear codes thrown, and turn off the "Service Engine Soon" Light. It's a little tricky, but works.

1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
2. Repeat the following two procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds:
1. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
2. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.
4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)
5. Wait about 10 seconds.
6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone.
Click the image to open in full size.
-=My Build Tread=-

Last edited by BurntOrangeAppeal; 05-06-2012 at 12:57 PM.
1hawaii50 (05-06-2012)
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-06-2012, 12:52 PM   Thread Starter #4

Default Re: Help, SES, TCS And Slip Light Are All On

no no no, i push on the gas and the car wont rev up. only another 100rpms
aplante22 is offline   Send a private message to aplante22 Find more posts by aplante22 Add aplante22 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #5
Burnt Orange

BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

no no no, i push on the gas and the car wont rev up. only another 100rpms
since you didnt post the codes for the electronic Throttle Body. I dont know what they are. I would recommend to start with a reset. The clicking noise is most likely from the Throttle body/butterfly......Again if symptoms come back after the reset come back with hard codes and post them so we can assist you further.....
-=My Build Tread=-
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-06-2012, 01:27 PM   Thread Starter #6

Heres the second code, p2135 throttle pedal postion sesor a or b voltage correlation.
At my house i started it up again to show my friend and it was running fine with only the ses light on.

hers something we found out.

We pulled the abs fuse out and it put on slip, tcs, ses and ABS, The abs was never on. put the fuse back in and the abs went off.
We then pulled the throttle meter fuse and the problem ive had came back. Ses light, tcs, and slip. and pushing the gas gave it nothing but 100rpms. put it back in and only the ses is on ONCE I RESTART THE CAR.

hope that helps a little

Last edited by aplante22; 05-06-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
Burnt Orange

Heres the second code, p2135 throttle pedal postion sesor a or b voltage correlation.
At my house i started it up again to show my friend and it was running fine with only the ses light on.

hers something we found out.

We pulled the abs fuse out and it put on slip, tcs, ses and ABS, The abs was never on. put the fuse back in and the abs went off.
We then pulled the throttle meter fuse and the problem ive had came back. Ses light, tcs, and slip. and pushing the gas gave it nothing but 100rpms. put it back in and only the ses is on.
If you pulled the fuse out of the Throttle body, that is comparable to unplugging the Throttle body plug located at the throttle body. when you unplug the throttle body for any reason a throttle RELEARN I posted above is NEEDED per the FSM....

On a side note......FYI, pulling fuess does not solve problems. you check fueses with a light if there is power at both sides of the circuit when the circuit is applied and the amperage the circuit draws through the fuse when applied....
-=My Build Tread=-
Old 05-06-2012, 02:02 PM   Thread Starter #8

I did everything you said up tyo this
Here is a quick way to reset your ECU. It is also known to clear codes thrown, and turn off the "Service Engine Soon" Light. It's a little tricky, but works.

1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.
8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone.

once it starts blinking i let off the gas and wait ten seconds but everytime it blinks for about 12 seconds the goes back to being on.
gspot (05-07-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 02:15 PM   Thread Starter #9

Originally Posted by Danski6MT View Post
If you pulled the fuse out of the Throttle body, that is comparable to unplugging the Throttle body plug located at the throttle body. when you unplug the throttle body for any reason a throttle RELEARN I posted above is NEEDED per the FSM....

On a side note......FYI, pulling fuess does not solve problems. you check fueses with a light if there is power at both sides of the circuit when the circuit is applied and the amperage the circuit draws through the fuse when applied....
I really only pulled the fuse to see if i could recreate the problem because it was gone. and when i puled the throttle fuse out the problem came back. until i put it back in and restarted the car.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:57 PM   Thread Starter #10

Any other ideas? im not sure how to check the throttle body sensor but my mechanic is looking at it this week.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:40 PM   Thread Starter #11

So the lights were off after looking into and check all the connections, only the SES light was on. i went and had the SES cleared and the car drove fine. it stayed off for a couple of hours then randomly when driving all three lights came back on and the car stalled. SES,TCS, and Slip light. restarted the car and only the SES light is on. drove for 5 minutes and same thing happened. Restarted the car and it drove fine, just the SES light on. i performed the technique to clear the ses light and it went off.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:45 PM   Thread Starter #12

Originally Posted by Danski6MT View Post
P0165 is for the ECM Backup/circuit.....
Your ECM might have gone south.....
One thing I would try is the following.

1.Clear the HARD code CEL light
2.Reset the ECM manually.

THis is how to reset the ECM, Idle air relearn and accelerator position released.
If the symptoms come back and you only have a code for P1065 then you might want to start looking for ECM or throttle body....Have you had other issues? history of problems?

Accelerator Pedal Release Position Learning

Operation Procedure

1. Make sure that the accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
3. Turn ignition switch OFF? wait at least 10 seconds.
4. Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn ignition switch OFF wait at least 10 seconds.

Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning

Operation Procedures

1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch ON.
3. Turn ignition switch is OFF wait at least 10 seconds.

Idle Air Volume Learning (Throttle Position Learning)

It is better to count the time accurately with a clock.

Operation Procedures

1. Perform Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning.
2. Perform Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning.
3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.
5. Conform that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch ON and wait 3 seconds.
6. Repeat the following (steps 7a, 7b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
7a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD)
7b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
8. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the Check Engine Light (CEL) stops blinking and turned ON.
9. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the CEL is ON.
10. Start engine and let it idle.

ECM RELEARN

I tried the ECM Relearn again and i got it to work. The ses light is off and the car runs good. drove around for about an hour with no problems. What does this mean the problem was? and what does it mean if the ses comes back.?

The transmission, clutch, and throw out bearing were done last week if that has to do with anything.
gspot (05-07-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #13
Official Member

Official Member #: 556

Reputation Level: 10
Cheeto is an unknown quantity at this point

You don't leave money or any small metal items up on the radio/climate control display do you? Because there is some sensitive circuitry that can become shorted out if it falls down inside that little crack. It will cause all kinds of chaos with the warning lights and cause engine stalling.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #14
Banned

Official Member #: 4935

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
Visit MaximaGuido09c's Facebook Visit MaximaGuido09c's PS3 Profile Visit MaximaGuido09c's Twitter Visit MaximaGuido09c's YouTube

Hmm, I don't want to give you false information. I think you should let the mechanic fix it because the more you play with and don't know what you're dealing with, it may only get worse. Seems like an engine problem too me. Happened to my new Jeep i just purchased, clicking, rattling sound and then it stalled..finally permanently. Wasn't the battery or transmission, a bad engine, go figure. It may be the same issue, except no lights were on when this happened.
MaximaGuido09c is banned   Send a private message to MaximaGuido09c Find more posts by MaximaGuido09c Add MaximaGuido09c to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #15
Official Member

Official Member #: 556

Reputation Level: 10
Cheeto is an unknown quantity at this point

Read this thread. It might be the same thing. I don't know what else to tell you.

Car Wont Start, ABS And Brake Lights Stuck On