Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:13 PM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 9697

Reputation Level: 6
Sammaxvq35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Heater/AC Air Stopped Working All Of Sudden

There's no air coming out. Heater or Ac Started couple days ago were it would only work when I started driving. But now, nothing comes out. Any ideas why before I go to mechanic?
Thanks!
Old 12-24-2013, 11:26 PM   Thread Starter #2
Official Member

Default Re: Heater/Ac air stopped working all of sudden.

Blower motor maybe?
Old 12-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #3

Official Member #: 10955

Reputation Level: 0
Brandon1023 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Heater/Ac Air Stopped Working All Of Sudden

Check the Fuse, which should be located in the driver side fuse box, below the steering wheel. It should be indicated "Blower Motor." I forgot if it uses a relay, but be sure to check the IPDM (rectangular fuse box next to coolant reservoir) for the Blower Motor fuse/relay as well.
Brandon1023 is offline   Send a private message to Brandon1023 Find more posts by Brandon1023 Add Brandon1023 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2013, 01:19 PM   Thread Starter #4
Official Member

Originally Posted by Brandon1023 View Post
Check the Fuse, which should be located in the driver side fuse box, below the steering wheel. It should be indicated "Blower Motor." I forgot if it uses a relay, but be sure to check the IPDM (rectangular fuse box next to coolant reservoir) for the Blower Motor fuse/relay as well.
Thanks! I did & look ok.
The other day, I started up the car & decided to open the glove box. As i closed it, the air started working again. So more likely the motor or fan amplifier??
Old 12-31-2013, 02:32 PM   #5

Official Member #: 10955

Reputation Level: 0
Brandon1023 is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe its a loose electrical connection to the blower itself? thats kinda strange.. haha
Brandon1023 is offline   Send a private message to Brandon1023 Find more posts by Brandon1023 Add Brandon1023 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #6
Official Member

Official Member #: 1646

Reputation Level: 11
emilbadal is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Heater/AC Air Stopped Working All Of Sudden

It's Heater motor Resistor. Mine just went bad a couple of days ago and my symptom was the opposite of yours. My blower fan stuck on hi speed and no control was turning it off but turning the ignition switch to off. Anyway, if the Heater Motor Resistor go out, either two scenarios will happen 1- the fan will stuck in hi speed with no control
2-your fan will stop working completely

Just a heads up...You don't need to pull any part of the dash to get to it. All you need is a short philips screw driver. Go to passenger seat. look under the dash all the way to the end were you put your foot. look under the glovebox there is this piece

Click the image to open in full size.

I bought it for 64 bucks on amazon.

There's a way to fix the part and I found this for repairing the part, but you need to be good at soldering electrical parts...I ordered mine because I was on a trip, but I will fix mine later I get home.

This is the link for repair instructions I found.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/how-to-fi...r-t433421.html
emilbadal is offline   Send a private message to emilbadal Find more posts by emilbadal Add emilbadal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-02-2014, 03:00 PM   #7
Official Member

It's Heater motor Resistor. Mine just went bad a couple of days ago and my symptom was the opposite of yours. My blower fan stuck on hi speed and no control was turning it off but turning the ignition switch to off. Anyway, if the Heater Motor Resistor go out, either two scenarios will happen 1- the fan will stuck in hi speed with no control
2-your fan will stop working completely

Just a heads up...You don't need to pull any part of the dash to get to it. All you need is a short philips screw driver. Go to passenger seat. look under the dash all the way to the end were you put your foot. look under the glovebox there is this piece

Click the image to open in full size.

I bought it for 64 bucks on amazon.

There's a way to fix the part and I found this for repairing the part, but you need to be good at soldering electrical parts...I ordered mine because I was on a trip, but I will fix mine later I get home.

This is the link for repair instructions I found.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/how-to-fi...r-t433421.html
emilbadal is offline   Send a private message to emilbadal Find more posts by emilbadal Add emilbadal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-11-2014, 03:17 AM   #8
Official Member

I posted a long response with some links to this post, I don't know why it's not showing up here...Anyways, I posted up a link to how to fix that problem with less than 10 bucks instead of spending 60-80 dollars for a new part.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:00 AM   Thread Starter #9
Official Member

Originally Posted by emilbadal View Post
I posted a long response with some links to this post, I don't know why it's not showing up here...Anyways, I posted up a link to how to fix that problem with less than 10 bucks instead of spending 60-80 dollars for a new part.
Uumm I don't see it. I'll look for it tho. Under what section you posted your tips?
Thanks!
Old 01-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #10
Official Member

I posted on this thread, and when I posted it , a message popped and said that your post will appear once the moderator confirms it, or something like that