Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:07 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 10955

Reputation Level: 0
Brandon1023 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Gear selector is out of sync with tranny

Okay, well I have spent the last 2 months rebuilding my Maxima's engine and it's finally almost ready to turnkey. However, upon testing the newly reinstalled shift cable, I noticed the position on the cluster e.g. (P, R, N, D) was out of sync with the position the shifter was in. For example, the ECU (or possibly the PnP switch) thinks the car is in "D," when the shifter is really in "N." If I were to shift from "N" to "D," the little indicator on the cluster goes blank. I really don't know what to say on this one, but I can provide one more piece of info. When I reinstalled the shift cable to the tranny, I had to bend the bracket, which the cable is retained by, back to a more narrow position, because the cable was coming out of the bracket when I would test the shifter in the cabin.

If anyone has any insight to what I may have overlooked upon assembly, I'd love to hear it.
Brandon1023 is offline   Send a private message to Brandon1023 Find more posts by Brandon1023 Add Brandon1023 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top