Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 10-19-2014, 05:16 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 15888

Reputation Level: 0
curly3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Flashing Check Engine Light, Now No Start

This is about my gf's car. It's an 04 with 107k. She was driving when all of a sudden, the car was running very rough and struggled to get her home. During this, the check engine light kept on flashing. The next time she tried starting it, it won't start. It cranks but won't turn over. I tried connecting an actron scan tool but it says it's failing to communicate. I also tried an obd2 bluetooth adapter using my torque pro app and it says the same thing, won't connect.

I read that the flashing check engine light means a bad coil. Is this also causing the no start issue?

She's only had the car for under a year. The only issues the car was having before this was a surging problem when the trans would shift from 2nd to 3rd. Her step dad says he just checked the trans dip stick and it's dry. Could this also cause the no starting issue?

Can anyone please help us with advice to get this car back running. Thank you.

EDIT: She also said she could smell something burning when the car was struggling to make it home.

Last edited by curly3; 10-19-2014 at 05:45 PM.
curly3 is offline   Send a private message to curly3 Find more posts by curly3 Add curly3 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top