Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:57 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 5916

Reputation Level: 0
dekaser is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Fault Code P0300

ok so heres my story, i bought this car from the auction and it had slight damage to front and rear left doors. so i bring it home and start the engine and my timing chain starts rattling. so i take apart engine take cover off and the tensioner the spring broke and the guide top tab broke off and it so fell down. i replaced those so i put the timing chain and the camshafts to the right points, i might as well just check the connecting rod bearings while engine is out of the car, so i replaced all 12 of them, 4 of them had some pretty rough wear on them. put in brand new ngk lazer platinum plugs $10 a pop. put engine back in got the p0300 code, i checked all of my coils, my dad has a 06 max so i tested mine on his car they all work fine, checked the positioning sensors in bank one and two checked them on his car and they work fine, and i checked the sensor that goes into tranny that looks similar to the positioning sensors and its good, so i dnt know why its still doing that, i havent messed with the throttle body at all.

thanks!

Last edited by dekaser; 08-12-2012 at 01:04 AM.
dekaser is offline   Send a private message to dekaser Find more posts by dekaser Add dekaser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-12-2012, 02:59 AM   #2
Burnt Orange

Official Member #: 2887

Reputation Level: 34
BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Fault Code P0300

Check out this tread.

Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 - NEED HELP!!!!

ISOLATE these.
EGR, vacuum, Knock sensor( could have been damaged when the vehicle was involved in an impact(rear door damage you mentioned) knock sensors are sensitive to impact. double check timing., reset idle air and throttle positioning.
Click the image to open in full size.
-=My Build Tread=-

Last edited by BurntOrangeAppeal; 08-25-2012 at 07:32 PM.
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-12-2012, 02:38 PM   Thread Starter #3

Official Member #: 5916

dekaser is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: FAULT CODE p0300

Can it be a 02 sensor because the noise is coming from tge bottom of the engine it the flow of the exhaust smoke sounds stumbling like its hard to flow thru
dekaser is offline   Send a private message to dekaser Find more posts by dekaser Add dekaser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
Burnt Orange

Official Member #: 2887

Reputation Level: 34
BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dekaser View Post
Can it be a 02 sensor because the noise is coming from tge bottom of the engine it the flow of the exhaust smoke sounds stumbling like its hard to flow thru
I Highly doubt its your 02 sensors or even A/F sensors. If you are 100% positive coils and plugs are good, then check the EGR as in my first post. Also, when you had the engine out did you unbolt your precats and see their condition?

Another very high probability is your timing is off. I realize you aligned the secondary chain but did you check the primary marks also?

Its often that the timing jumps when the big tensioners wedge on the left breaks.

Plugging a high end scanner will let you know where the timing is at without pulling timing cover again.
-=My Build Tread=-

Last edited by BurntOrangeAppeal; 08-14-2012 at 07:25 AM.
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
The Go To Guy

Official Member #: 59

Reputation Level: 27
Mr DoLLa has a spectacular aura aboutMr DoLLa has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

/ Point Value: 10

Banner of The Month  

A/F sensors can cause P0300 code and also a misconnected hose to the manifold. Do you have a scanner that can tell you the sensor readings? If so A/F sensors should read in the area of 1.30v. Clogged catalytic is a possible. PM if u need help.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:48 PM   #6

Official Member #: 5073

b15son is an unknown quantity at this point

there is a harness that connects to the main engine harness under the intake manifold. this harness connects to the three coils under the intake manifold. all the connectors to the coils under the intake manifold look the same and sometimes they can be plugged incorrectly if one replaces plus, coils, performs engine swap, etc. coils 1,3,and 5 are located under the intake manifold on bank 1 side of the engine. I had one come to the shop with this code after they replaced their spark plugs and it turned out being that they connected the coils under the intake manifold in the wrong order, or wrong coil. after i connected them to their appropriate coil it fixed the problem. however this car was misfiring noticeably, i dont know if your car is idling fine or not for having the po300 multi cyl misfire code
b15son is offline   Send a private message to b15son Find more posts by b15son Add b15son to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #7
The Go To Guy

Official Member #: 59

Reputation Level: 27
Mr DoLLa has a spectacular aura aboutMr DoLLa has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Banner of The Month  

Usually if its coils or specific to a cylinder, your going to get a code for that cylinder, more than one misfire will get you the P0300 code. Are you getting just the P0300 with no other code?