Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:48 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 15228

Reputation Level: 0
blakedanatural is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Engine Stall and Shut off

Hello All,
I have a 2004 Nissan Maxima with 198000 miles on it. I was driving to work and after a 40 minutes the car stalled and shut off. I tried to restart but it wouldn't turn over. I waited 30 minutes and tried again and it started. When I got home I scanned and I got P1800, P0340 and P0340P codes. I replaced the Vais Control Solenoid Valve, Camshaft sensors for Bank 1 and 2 and the Crankshaft Position sensor. ( all Nissan parts )
The car started right away and idled for 3 minutes and shut off again. When attempting to restart the engine cranked very strong but it wouldn't turn over. Until I waited 30 minutes and it restarted and shut off after 4 minutes. I need help. I am going to get some electric part cleaner and attempt to clean the connectors. Would the maf sensor or idle valve fail even though no code was pulled. I don't want to have to tow to dealers for them to kill me with some crazy price. I am also checking hoses for cracks etc... I also cleaned the throttle body of soot build up. How bout spark plugs ! Please help!
Blake
blakedanatural is offline   Send a private message to blakedanatural Find more posts by blakedanatural Add blakedanatural to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2014, 10:53 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
The Capital's 6th Gen

Official Member #: 1765

Reputation Level: 58
officerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

/ Point Value: 10

Supporting Family Member  

Official Ride  

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Engine Stall and Shut off

Did you touch the throttle body when you cleaned it?

This thread says touching it can cause high idle so I don't know if this is related or not but just wanted to point it out. http://my6thgen.org/f17/throttle-bod...h-idle*-10204/
officerfrasher is offline   Send a private message to officerfrasher Find more posts by officerfrasher Add officerfrasher to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2014, 12:52 PM   Thread Starter #3

Official Member #: 15228

Reputation Level: 0
blakedanatural is an unknown quantity at this point

Officefrasher,
Thanks for the reply . Yes I read the thread and I did touch the butterfly in side throttle body. But my problem occurred before cleaning and replacing all the above mentioned parts. I am currently cleaning the connectors to the sensors, My parts all Nissan and I wondering if the bank 1 sensor (new ) went bad after installing. Cause I cleared the codes after installing but now the P0340 is showing again. have you heard of P0340 P?
blakedanatural is offline   Send a private message to blakedanatural Find more posts by blakedanatural Add blakedanatural to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #4
Senior Moderator
The Capital's 6th Gen

Official Member #: 1765

Reputation Level: 58
officerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Supporting Family Member  

Official Ride  

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

/ Point Value: 5

Originally Posted by blakedanatural View Post
Officefrasher,
Thanks for the reply . Yes I read the thread and I did touch the butterfly in side throttle body. But my problem occurred before cleaning and replacing all the above mentioned parts. I am currently cleaning the connectors to the sensors, My parts all Nissan and I wondering if the bank 1 sensor (new ) went bad after installing. Cause I cleared the codes after installing but now the P0340 is showing again. have you heard of P0340 P?
I'm not familiar with it but maybe someone else will be able to help.

Paging @BurntOrangeAppeal
officerfrasher is offline   Send a private message to officerfrasher Find more posts by officerfrasher Add officerfrasher to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top