Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:26 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 822

Reputation Level: 0
callisto is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
Default Engine Mount Time!

Alright guys. I have to replace my engine mounts, as well as the tranny mount. I just went to the nissan dealer to get my oil changed and tranny "flushed". They said the left, right, and front engine mounts were all bad, so bad they wanted them done ASAP. They quoted me almost $2400 to do them.

Of course I'm not going to drop that kind of money. I don't even have that kind of money. SO I am going to buy them off ebay. I need some advice on this set I found. I need to be 100% positive that these mounts are correct and will work with my car.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181079559654...3AIT#vi-ilComp

I'd also like to know if these are good quality. I don't want to be changing them out again anytime soon.

I also noticed that there isn't a "left" engine mount in the ebay listing, only front, right and rear. Is there a left engine mount? Or do they mean the tranny mount.

Anyway, advice would be appreciated. I need to drive the car a couple thousand miles in a few weeks and need it to be road worthy. Thanks.
callisto is offline   Send a private message to callisto Find more posts by callisto Add callisto to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2014, 07:18 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 2352

Reputation Level: 9
pstnofpwr is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: Engine Mount Time!

I have brand new OEM mounts that are still wrapped. Let me know if you're interested.
pstnofpwr is offline   Send a private message to pstnofpwr Find more posts by pstnofpwr Add pstnofpwr to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2014, 08:49 PM   #3
Official Member

Official Member #: 11397

Reputation Level: 7
KobyG04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

dont go ebay mounts. have heard nothing but complaints. no left engine mount either the only mount on that side is the tranny mount. can do them yourself fairly easy if you have patience since its a lot of finagling crap out of small areas.
KobyG04 is offline   Send a private message to KobyG04 Find more posts by KobyG04 Add KobyG04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-23-2014, 04:19 PM   Thread Starter #4

Official Member #: 822

Reputation Level: 0
callisto is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Could anyone let me know if the mounts for a manual would work in an automatic? Could I get some part numbers for both? I need the three motor mounts and the transmission mount. Thanks.
callisto is offline   Send a private message to callisto Find more posts by callisto Add callisto to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top