Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:11 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 6248

Reputation Level: 0
jackmeov is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Crankshaft Sensor Code But Then......

So my 05 5 speed AT did the good old stuck in 5th after running rough one day then started shifting normal but continued to run rough (motor actually seemed to have a shake).
Couple days later, it had trouble starting drove very rough, no power then stalled. Started for me again drove a few blocks and then dead. After waiting 4 hours for a tow I thought the motor was shot.
Finally had it scanned yesterday and I was told it was the crankshaft position sensor code so I picked one up.
After having the old one pulled out we seen a lot of metal pieces on the sensor. Then looking in the crankcase there is a lot a metal.
it was explained to me that it appears that the crank and or flexwheel shifted and dropped and there is a major mess. Even the top of the sensor was marked for something rubbing it.
Put the newsensor in anyway to see what would happen any there is some nasty noises and even sounds like the started wont completely turn because of this.
This is how i remember it explained to me. i may of missed a detail or not used the proper words but any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Im lost and discouraged
Thanks
jackmeov is offline   Send a private message to jackmeov Find more posts by jackmeov Add jackmeov to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-22-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 15388

Reputation Level: 0
ross32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: Crankshaft Sensor Code But Then......

Sounds like the motor has to come out if the flywheel has the bolts sheered off or fallen out and ground up and if the crankshaft has move you will probley be putting a new motor in but don't hold me too it I wrench but new to the nissan stuff and have my own problems that i'm here to try and get over. Good luck man.
ross32 is offline   Send a private message to ross32 Find more posts by ross32 Add ross32 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top