Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:16 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1373

Reputation Level: 0
hidkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
Default Coolant Issue

On my way to Cali. The gf was driving. Had checked the fluids before we had left the house, so on our way, i guess i fell asleep but the smell of coolant caught my attention so immediately pulled it over and checked everything.
when i popped the hood the small reservoir for the extra coolant (its by the wiper liquid) was bubbling a lot. Coolant wasnt really leaking from maxxi but it did leave some mini puddles, i was thinking that maybe its the thermostat? or the water pump or a hose?. anywho what is your guys input on this ill post some pics up. Thanks in advance

**blue arrow is where the needle got up to**

also after pulled over for like 20mins the coolant in the reservoir stopped bubbling, and temp went back to normal, as shown in the other pic, now on the way back home on the I-10 going up the hills of Indio,ca the temp needle slowly started to increase again to the same spot so i had to crawl up the hills, and on the straights it would kinda move up then back to normal...: /
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0068.jpg (104.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0067_1299966328078.jpg (90.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0068vvv.jpg (104.1 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by hidkid; 03-23-2011 at 08:19 PM. Reason: forgot to add some information.
hidkid is offline   Send a private message to hidkid Find more posts by hidkid Add hidkid to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
The Local 6.5 Gen

Official Member #: 564

Reputation Level: 27
cgoss will become famous soon enoughcgoss will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Coolant Issue

I would agree with the thermostat.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
Donating Member

Official Member #: 86

Reputation Level: 25
Max Power will become famous soon enoughMax Power will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Visit Max Power's YouTube

Thermostat, or you might have to "burp" your coolant system from all the air in there. Do you hear a "sloshing" sound coming from your passenger side dash area when turning slowly w/ the radio off?
Max Power is offline   Send a private message to Max Power Find more posts by Max Power Add Max Power to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-23-2011, 11:06 PM   Thread Starter #4

Official Member #: 1373

Reputation Level: 0
hidkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

about the sloshing sound i havnt driven the car ever since we got bak on sunday, been parked in the garage i dont wanna cause any further damage, but i have to get it checked, and how does one perform the "burp process"?.....and wen i get the thermostat replaced i should also get the radiator flush since im at it right?
any one know about roughly how much $$$ im looking at for this fix?
hidkid is offline   Send a private message to hidkid Find more posts by hidkid Add hidkid to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-23-2011, 11:57 PM   #5

Official Member #: 1494

Reputation Level: 13
twisted1 is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Jack front car up then crack valve by thermostat to burp
Stillen lip kit, black housed headlamps, 370z 18s, 350z 17's on drs, blue led fogs, aem wideband o2,apexi safcll, 75shot zex wet kit, skunk2 cans, custom y&b pipes, 3rd cat & resonator delete, magnaflow precats, nwp spacers, kn cai, and walbro 255 still in box. Dyno #s coming soon....
twisted1 is offline   Send a private message to twisted1 Find more posts by twisted1 Add twisted1 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top