Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Extended Maxima Generation Family
my4thgen.org my5thgen.org my6thgen.org my7thgen.org my8thgen.org myxgen.org
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

Reply
ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 06:56 PM   Thread Starter #1
Newbie
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
RalphMaxima04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Official Member #: 1339
Last Online: 03-17-2013 10:02 PM
Location: Miami Dade County
Posts: 32

Reputation Level: 0
RalphMaxima04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 - NEED HELP!!!!

Whats up guys im having problems with my Maxima its giving me codes P0021 and P0300.

what i have done so far: Changed Spark Plugs and Changed the Cam Sensor on Bank 2 i also cleaned the MAF and Throttle Body and still the Same Thing

What i have done as in modification: Sp2 Catback Exhaust and NWP spacers and intake..

Need all the feedback before i waste $$$$$$ at nissan finding out what it is.

Thanks
RalphMaxima04 is offline   Send a private message to RalphMaxima04 Find more posts by RalphMaxima04 Add RalphMaxima04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2012, 07:03 PM   Thread Starter #2
Newbie
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
RalphMaxima04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Official Member #: 1339
Last Online: 03-17-2013 10:02 PM
Location: Miami Dade County
Posts: 32

Reputation Level: 0
RalphMaxima04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Car is Shooting me Code P0021 And P0300 NEED HELP!!!!

Originally Posted by RalphMaxima04 View Post
Whats up guys im having problems with my Maxima its giving me codes P0021 and P0300.

what i have done so far: Changed Spark Plugs and Changed the Cam Sensor on Bank 2 i also cleaned the MAF and Throttle Body and still the Same Thing

What i have done as in modification: Sp2 Catback Exhaust and NWP spacers and intake..

Need all the feedback before i waste $$$$$$ at nissan finding out what it is.

Thanks
Danski6MT has been helping out and fixed 1 code now just need to fix the other two.
RalphMaxima04 is offline   Send a private message to RalphMaxima04 Find more posts by RalphMaxima04 Add RalphMaxima04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
Senior Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
blackelvis79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Official Member #: 4437
Last Online: 10-13-2014 10:11 PM
Location: SoCal
Posts: 570

Reputation Level: 8
blackelvis79 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 - NEED HELP!!!!

I had the cam sensor code cause the SES light. I did absolutely nothing and it went off after two days. It went off the day I was gonna take the car to the dealer to get it looked at.

Posted Via Tapatalk 2
__________________
blackelvis79 is offline   Send a private message to blackelvis79 Find more posts by blackelvis79 Add blackelvis79 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #4
Connecticut's Prestige 6th Gen

my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
CXJ Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Official Member #: 82
Last Online: 12-14-2013 05:26 PM
Location: New Haven , CT
Posts: 1,437

Reputation Level: 20
CXJ Performance will become famous soon enoughCXJ Performance will become famous soon enough


My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  


/ Point Value: 10

Honorable Ride  


/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Car is Shooting me Code P0021 And P0300 NEED HELP!!!!

the p0300 is for multi misfire. be sure that you removed the manifold bracket that attaches to the rear of the engine. also take break cleaner and spray around the manifold.

if the idle changes then you have a leak.

also it may sound dumb but take it from a person who has done this stupid move. the rear coil harness is real easy to swap around so be sure that coil 1 and coil 3 are not mismatched.
__________________
CXJPERFORMANCE.COM

Click the image to open in full size.
CXJ Performance is offline   Send a private message to CXJ Performance Find more posts by CXJ Performance Add CXJ Performance to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2012, 01:42 PM   Thread Starter #5
Newbie
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
RalphMaxima04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Official Member #: 1339
Last Online: 03-17-2013 10:02 PM
Location: Miami Dade County
Posts: 32

Reputation Level: 0
RalphMaxima04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Car is Shooting me Code P0021 And P0300 NEED HELP!!!!

Originally Posted by CXJ Performance View Post
the p0300 is for multi misfire. be sure that you removed the manifold bracket that attaches to the rear of the engine. also take break cleaner and spray around the manifold.

if the idle changes then you have a leak.

also it may sound dumb but take it from a person who has done this stupid move. the rear coil harness is real easy to swap around so be sure that coil 1 and coil 3 are not mismatched.
i know i don't have a leak, i turned it on last night and it was idling was fine no codes until i drove it around the block and then it started shaking and jumping in low RPM like 500- 1000 grand RPM going up and down then i ran the scanner and it gave me those two codes.
RalphMaxima04 is offline   Send a private message to RalphMaxima04 Find more posts by RalphMaxima04 Add RalphMaxima04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #6
Connecticut's Prestige 6th Gen

my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
CXJ Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Official Member #: 82
Last Online: 12-14-2013 05:26 PM
Location: New Haven , CT
Posts: 1,437

Reputation Level: 20
CXJ Performance will become famous soon enoughCXJ Performance will become famous soon enough


My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  


/ Point Value: 10

Honorable Ride  


/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 NEED HELP!!!!

Did you remove the rear bracket?

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

if not you have a leak
__________________
CXJPERFORMANCE.COM

Click the image to open in full size.
CXJ Performance is offline   Send a private message to CXJ Performance Find more posts by CXJ Performance Add CXJ Performance to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2012, 08:32 PM   Thread Starter #7
Newbie
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
RalphMaxima04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Official Member #: 1339
Last Online: 03-17-2013 10:02 PM
Location: Miami Dade County
Posts: 32

Reputation Level: 0
RalphMaxima04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 NEED HELP!!!!

Originally Posted by CXJ Performance View Post
Did you remove the rear bracket?

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

if not you have a leak
ok when i did the valve cover i only removed two that hold the manifold and thats it. and i have looked around and i dont see oil? and if it is that? how come i am getting P0021 bank 2??

Update: went outside and i did what u said and no change in idle..

Last edited by RalphMaxima04; 08-07-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: for got to add info
RalphMaxima04 is offline   Send a private message to RalphMaxima04 Find more posts by RalphMaxima04 Add RalphMaxima04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #8
Connecticut's Prestige 6th Gen

my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
CXJ Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Official Member #: 82
Last Online: 12-14-2013 05:26 PM
Location: New Haven , CT
Posts: 1,437

Reputation Level: 20
CXJ Performance will become famous soon enoughCXJ Performance will become famous soon enough


My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  


/ Point Value: 10

Honorable Ride  


/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 NEED HELP!!!!

Originally Posted by RalphMaxima04 View Post
ok when i did the valve cover i only removed two that hold the manifold and thats it. and i have looked around and i dont see oil? and if it is that? how come i am getting P0021 bank 2??
Most times with these cars its not uncommon that one code will trigger another. With the manifold being slightly lifted it could make the cam on bank 2 seem out of wack.

Your best bet right now that will not cost you any money is to remove your manifold and remove that bracket. Apply a decent amount of RTV to the spacer and mating surface of the lower collector.

Next step would to replace the bank 2 cam sensor with a oem brand. never autozone or any local auto part store brand. I can not stress enough that when replacing sensors always use oem brand. There are countless threads where members have tried other non- oem brands only to have headaches later.

Im betting a pizza and a 6 pack that your problems are with that rear bracket. Not to mention you didnt buy my brand of spacer kit lol. Joking , NWP Makes a great product so either way you treated your maxima to a quality engine mod

good luck

Cory
__________________
CXJPERFORMANCE.COM

Click the image to open in full size.
CXJ Performance is offline   Send a private message to CXJ Performance Find more posts by CXJ Performance Add CXJ Performance to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #9
Connecticut's Prestige 6th Gen

my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
CXJ Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Official Member #: 82
Last Online: 12-14-2013 05:26 PM
Location: New Haven , CT
Posts: 1,437

Reputation Level: 20
CXJ Performance will become famous soon enoughCXJ Performance will become famous soon enough


My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  


/ Point Value: 10

Honorable Ride  


/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 NEED HELP!!!!

sorry i didnt read the lower portion of the message. Even if you removed the bracket now it wouldnt matter because the manifold and rtv have already cured and setted to the slight gap the bracket caused it to be. You have to redo the spacer install with the bracket removed. also perform a ecu reset so that the code is not popping up in the ram of the ecu. The ecu will store old codes in it so a total reset is needed. Im sure nwp supplied this in there install but let me know if i need to post the steps using the gas pedal
__________________
CXJPERFORMANCE.COM

Click the image to open in full size.
CXJ Performance is offline   Send a private message to CXJ Performance Find more posts by CXJ Performance Add CXJ Performance to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #10
Connecticut's Prestige 6th Gen

my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
CXJ Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Official Member #: 82
Last Online: 12-14-2013 05:26 PM
Location: New Haven , CT
Posts: 1,437

Reputation Level: 20
CXJ Performance will become famous soon enoughCXJ Performance will become famous soon enough


My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  


/ Point Value: 10

Honorable Ride  


/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 NEED HELP!!!!

sorry for the rush of messages but please tell me you didnt move that valve inside of the throttle body while you were cleaning it out.
__________________
CXJPERFORMANCE.COM

Click the image to open in full size.
CXJ Performance is offline   Send a private message to CXJ Performance Find more posts by CXJ Performance Add CXJ Performance to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2012, 09:16 PM   Thread Starter #11
Newbie
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
RalphMaxima04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Official Member #: 1339
Last Online: 03-17-2013 10:02 PM
Location: Miami Dade County
Posts: 32

Reputation Level: 0
RalphMaxima04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 NEED HELP!!!!

Originally Posted by CXJ Performance View Post
sorry for the rush of messages but please tell me you didnt move that valve inside of the throttle body while you were cleaning it out.
I moved it to get all the shit out
RalphMaxima04 is offline   Send a private message to RalphMaxima04 Find more posts by RalphMaxima04 Add RalphMaxima04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #12
Connecticut's Prestige 6th Gen

my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
CXJ Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Official Member #: 82
Last Online: 12-14-2013 05:26 PM
Location: New Haven , CT
Posts: 1,437

Reputation Level: 20
CXJ Performance will become famous soon enoughCXJ Performance will become famous soon enough


My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  


/ Point Value: 10

Honorable Ride  


/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 NEED HELP!!!!

Originally Posted by RalphMaxima04 View Post
I moved it to get all the shit out
Theres your issue right there.

You have to take a nice friendly trip to the nissan dealer now. The valve on the throttle body is electronic and is matched to the the ecu. so once you moved it you thru it all out of wack. One of the owners of this site did that and had the same issues. Theres also a thread about never moving that valve on here and even a google search will result in others having the same issues after moving the tb valve

http://my6thgen.org/f17/throttle-bod...h-idle*-10204/

Its also why the cams are throwing a code as well.

Sorry dude
__________________
CXJPERFORMANCE.COM

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by CXJ Performance; 08-07-2012 at 09:32 PM.
CXJ Performance is offline   Send a private message to CXJ Performance Find more posts by CXJ Performance Add CXJ Performance to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #13
Connecticut's Prestige 6th Gen

my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
CXJ Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Official Member #: 82
Last Online: 12-14-2013 05:26 PM
Location: New Haven , CT
Posts: 1,437

Reputation Level: 20
CXJ Performance will become famous soon enoughCXJ Performance will become famous soon enough


My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  


/ Point Value: 10

Honorable Ride  


/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 NEED HELP!!!!

You could possible buy another TB from a junk yard and hope all is well. another thing is to try the ecu reset to see if this may help but i doubt it
__________________
CXJPERFORMANCE.COM

Click the image to open in full size.
CXJ Performance is offline   Send a private message to CXJ Performance Find more posts by CXJ Performance Add CXJ Performance to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2012, 10:18 PM   Thread Starter #14
Newbie
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
RalphMaxima04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Official Member #: 1339
Last Online: 03-17-2013 10:02 PM
Location: Miami Dade County
Posts: 32

Reputation Level: 0
RalphMaxima04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 NEED HELP!!!!

Originally Posted by CXJ Performance View Post
You could possible buy another TB from a junk yard and hope all is well. another thing is to try the ecu reset to see if this may help but i doubt it
thanks bro ill keep you updated
RalphMaxima04 is offline   Send a private message to RalphMaxima04 Find more posts by RalphMaxima04 Add RalphMaxima04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #15
Moderator
Burnt Orange
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
BurntOrangeAppeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Official Member #: 2887
Last Online: 07-18-2014 11:07 AM
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 2,816

Reputation Level: 29
BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 NEED HELP!!!!

Just read your post on the throttle body.
Even if you did not clean your TB, more then likely you have unplugged the TB during the installation of the spacers. This requires not only a throttle body reset but more importantly an idle air reset (idle air is partially tied to timing)

Before you purchase a new throttle body try the following Ralph:
Get your engine into into operating temperature.
Clear any remaining codes.

Accelerator Pedal Release Position Learning
Operation Procedure

1. Make sure that the accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
3. Turn ignition switch OFF wait at least 10 seconds.
4. Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn ignition switch OFF wait at least 10 seconds.

Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning
Operation Procedures

1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch ON.
3. Turn ignition switch is OFF wait at least 10 seconds.

Idle Air Volume Learning (Throttle Position Learning)
It is better to count the time accurately with a clock.

Operation Procedures

1. Perform Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning.
2. Perform Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning.
3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.
5. Conform that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch ON and wait 3 seconds.
6. Repeat the following (steps 7a, 7b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
7a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD)
7b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
8. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the Check Engine Light (CEL) stops blinking and turned ON.
9. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the CEL is ON.
10. Start engine and let it idle.
__________________
'04 SE 6MT, Elite.
'01 SE Anniversary.
'97 GXE.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
-=My Build Tread=-
Likes: (1)
blackelvis79 (08-09-2012)
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-08-2012, 08:38 PM   Thread Starter #16
Newbie
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
RalphMaxima04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Official Member #: 1339
Last Online: 03-17-2013 10:02 PM
Location: Miami Dade County
Posts: 32

Reputation Level: 0
RalphMaxima04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 NEED HELP!!!!

Originally Posted by BurntOrangeAppeal View Post
Just read your post on the throttle body.
Even if you did not clean your TB, more then likely you have unplugged the TB during the installation of the spacers. This requires not only a throttle body reset but more importantly an idle air reset (idle air is partially tied to timing)

Before you purchase a new throttle body try the following Ralph:
Get your engine into into operating temperature.
Clear any remaining codes.

Accelerator Pedal Release Position Learning
Operation Procedure

1. Make sure that the accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
3. Turn ignition switch OFF wait at least 10 seconds.
4. Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn ignition switch OFF wait at least 10 seconds.

Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning
Operation Procedures

1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch ON.
3. Turn ignition switch is OFF wait at least 10 seconds.

Idle Air Volume Learning (Throttle Position Learning)
It is better to count the time accurately with a clock.

Operation Procedures

1. Perform Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning.
2. Perform Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning.
3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.
5. Conform that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch ON and wait 3 seconds.
6. Repeat the following (steps 7a, 7b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
7a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD)
7b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
8. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the Check Engine Light (CEL) stops blinking and turned ON.
9. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the CEL is ON.
10. Start engine and let it idle.
Check Out the Video Lmk :

RalphMaxima04 is offline   Send a private message to RalphMaxima04 Find more posts by RalphMaxima04 Add RalphMaxima04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-08-2012, 11:01 PM   #17
Moderator
Burnt Orange
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
BurntOrangeAppeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Official Member #: 2887
Last Online: 07-18-2014 11:07 AM
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 2,816

Reputation Level: 29
BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 - NEED HELP!!!!

Originally Posted by RalphMaxima04 View Post
Check Out the Video Lmk :

Tik tik noise - YouTube
Link not working.
__________________
'04 SE 6MT, Elite.
'01 SE Anniversary.
'97 GXE.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
-=My Build Tread=-
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-08-2012, 11:46 PM   #18
Connecticut's Prestige 6th Gen

my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
CXJ Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Official Member #: 82
Last Online: 12-14-2013 05:26 PM
Location: New Haven , CT
Posts: 1,437

Reputation Level: 20
CXJ Performance will become famous soon enoughCXJ Performance will become famous soon enough


My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  


/ Point Value: 10

Honorable Ride  


/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 NEED HELP!!!!

Did you perform the reset?

Im still going to say you should just for giggles and with no money reinstall the spacers but remove that bracket. The question is why did you get the multi misfire code to start with after a spacer install. Reinstalling them is not going to hurt anything and just might help. Once you do this do the reset again

The other issue you have is that you opened that valve on the TB. I have sold dozens of spacers kits and when customers have issues its because they opened that valve or did not remove the bracket

You stated in the video you changed the sensor so its either one of the fixes i stated above
__________________
CXJPERFORMANCE.COM

Click the image to open in full size.
CXJ Performance is offline   Send a private message to CXJ Performance Find more posts by CXJ Performance Add CXJ Performance to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2012, 07:15 AM   Thread Starter #19
Newbie
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
RalphMaxima04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Official Member #: 1339
Last Online: 03-17-2013 10:02 PM
Location: Miami Dade County
Posts: 32

Reputation Level: 0
RalphMaxima04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 NEED HELP!!!!

Originally Posted by BurntOrangeAppeal View Post
Link not working.

Check it out if it doesnt work go on you tube and look for RalphCuan1 and its in my video.
RalphMaxima04 is offline   Send a private message to RalphMaxima04 Find more posts by RalphMaxima04 Add RalphMaxima04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2012, 07:17 AM   Thread Starter #20
Newbie
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
RalphMaxima04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Official Member #: 1339
Last Online: 03-17-2013 10:02 PM
Location: Miami Dade County
Posts: 32

Reputation Level: 0
RalphMaxima04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 NEED HELP!!!!

Originally Posted by CXJ Performance View Post
Did you perform the reset?

Im still going to say you should just for giggles and with no money reinstall the spacers but remove that bracket. The question is why did you get the multi misfire code to start with after a spacer install. Reinstalling them is not going to hurt anything and just might help. Once you do this do the reset again

The other issue you have is that you opened that valve on the TB. I have sold dozens of spacers kits and when customers have issues its because they opened that valve or did not remove the bracket

You stated in the video you changed the sensor so its either one of the fixes i stated above
Cory i went ahead and took off all the spacers and put back all the stock and the same thing i also did a Reset.. TB is fine car doesnt shut off its just shaking and idle jumping until to punch it and then its a smooth ride.
RalphMaxima04 is offline   Send a private message to RalphMaxima04 Find more posts by RalphMaxima04 Add RalphMaxima04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #21
Moderator
Burnt Orange
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
BurntOrangeAppeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Official Member #: 2887
Last Online: 07-18-2014 11:07 AM
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 2,816

Reputation Level: 29
BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 - NEED HELP!!!!

Originally Posted by CXJ Performance View Post
Did you perform the reset?
You stated in the video you changed the sensor so its either one of the fixes i stated above
Cory,
The code is/was for IVT solenoid, NOT cam sensor.. I stated that in the other original tread. The point of testing out the bank 2 cam sensor was to isolate as that could have also been the reason.....

Now to the OP, if you bypassed the EGR, performed ALL the resets, and still have the same symptoms my advise is to pay an hour or 2 diagnosis at the dealer to look into IVT system data and pressures. This can only be done with Consult. Even my top of the line Snap on Verus can't touch that....I mean you could advance timing but only on idle,not under load and can't do it permanently (write Prom)like the dealer can
__________________
'04 SE 6MT, Elite.
'01 SE Anniversary.
'97 GXE.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
-=My Build Tread=-

Last edited by BurntOrangeAppeal; 08-09-2012 at 11:26 AM.
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2012, 12:11 PM   Thread Starter #22
Newbie
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
RalphMaxima04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Official Member #: 1339
Last Online: 03-17-2013 10:02 PM
Location: Miami Dade County
Posts: 32

Reputation Level: 0
RalphMaxima04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 NEED HELP!!!!

Originally Posted by BurntOrangeAppeal View Post
Cory,
The code is/was for IVT solenoid, NOT cam sensor.. I stated that in the other original tread. The point of testing out the bank 2 cam sensor was to isolate as that could have also been the reason.....

Now to the OP, if you bypassed the EGR, performed ALL the resets, and still have the same symptoms my advise is to pay an hour or 2 diagnosis at the dealer to look into IVT system data and pressures. This can only be done with Consult. Even my top of the line Snap on Verus can't touch that....I mean you could advance timing but only on idle,not under load and can't do it permanently (write Prom)like the dealer can
Just Made an appt with nissan bill seidle's, in Miami.. I also called Nissan to ask Prices on IVT and on the sensor and Damn Shit is expensive Sensor $109.00 and the IVT $212.00 Ripp And idea where i can get it cheaper??
RalphMaxima04 is offline   Send a private message to RalphMaxima04 Find more posts by RalphMaxima04 Add RalphMaxima04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #23
Moderator
Burnt Orange
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
BurntOrangeAppeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Official Member #: 2887
Last Online: 07-18-2014 11:07 AM
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 2,816

Reputation Level: 29
BurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura aboutBurntOrangeAppeal has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 - NEED HELP!!!!

Originally Posted by RalphMaxima04 View Post
Just Made an appt with nissan bill seidle's, in Miami.. I also called Nissan to ask Prices on IVT and on the sensor and Damn Shit is expensive Sensor $109.00 and the IVT $212.00 Ripp And idea where i can get it cheaper??
http://www.courtesyparts.com/
__________________
'04 SE 6MT, Elite.
'01 SE Anniversary.
'97 GXE.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
-=My Build Tread=-
BurntOrangeAppeal is offline   Send a private message to BurntOrangeAppeal Find more posts by BurntOrangeAppeal Add BurntOrangeAppeal to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2012, 05:34 PM   Thread Starter #24
Newbie
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
RalphMaxima04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Official Member #: 1339
Last Online: 03-17-2013 10:02 PM
Location: Miami Dade County
Posts: 32

Reputation Level: 0
RalphMaxima04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 NEED HELP!!!!

Thanks, Ill let you guys know what happened with my car tmw.
Likes: (1)
BurntOrangeAppeal (08-09-2012)
RalphMaxima04 is offline   Send a private message to RalphMaxima04 Find more posts by RalphMaxima04 Add RalphMaxima04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-10-2012, 10:29 AM   Thread Starter #25
Newbie
my6thgen.org Profile Info.
 
RalphMaxima04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Official Member #: 1339
Last Online: 03-17-2013 10:02 PM
Location: Miami Dade County
Posts: 32

Reputation Level: 0
RalphMaxima04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Car Is Shooting Me Code P0021 And P0300 NEED HELP!!!!


So i got the car from Nissan car jumped off timing the guy told me i need to redo timing chains etc $1300.00, I dont even have that much in the Bank Lmk if you guy know a mechanic in Miami. that can do it a little cheaper
RalphMaxima04 is offline   Send a private message to RalphMaxima04 Find more posts by RalphMaxima04 Add RalphMaxima04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 Members And 1 Guests)
 
Thread Tools


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 PM.