Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:37 PM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 2405

Reputation Level: 9
2damax is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Brake And Battery Light On!

i know everyone says its the alternator, but i had it checked and they tell me its fine! im gettin 14.3V while on. and btw the lights are only on when idleing. while driving they dissapear. but when i come to a stop it returns. would oil getting on the alternator have something to do with this?
Deleted Cat
Greddy Spectre Elite Exhaust
Drilled & Slotted Rotors
22" TSW Rims
2damax is offline   Send a private message to 2damax Find more posts by 2damax Add 2damax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 3079

Reputation Level: 8
Jony09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Brake And Battery Light On!

If u have an alternator to positive battery cable check that the Oring is not touching the casing I blew my fusible link that way and got stranded lol , just a maybe doesn't hurt to look, hope you find out what's wrong

Posted Via Tapatalk 2
Jony09 is offline   Send a private message to Jony09 Find more posts by Jony09 Add Jony09 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #3

Official Member #: 6917

Reputation Level: 0
MAXpower is an unknown quantity at this point

I literally just had this problem and had to bring it in to get fixed. Mine was doing the same thing as yours, the lights would come on when I start it up but then once a started driving they'd go away. But then one day I turned on my car and started going and they didn't go away. My car lasted about a day and a half after that then it literally died on me while I was driving; when I would give it gas absolutely nothing happened and all the lights on the dash started popping on until the car just rolled to a stop. Tried jumping it but it didn't hold the charge. I ended up having to tow it. They ended up having to replace the alt. and the battery. My alternator was so dead that it wasn't charging my battery until it just ran out of juice and died.
MAXpower is offline   Send a private message to MAXpower Find more posts by MAXpower Add MAXpower to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #4
Official Member

Official Member #: 3079

Reputation Level: 8
Jony09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea ^^^ mine died on me but luckily was just the fusible link.

Posted Via Tapatalk 2
Jony09 is offline   Send a private message to Jony09 Find more posts by Jony09 Add Jony09 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top