Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:51 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 15653

Reputation Level: 0
TJMaxxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Bad Idle, Sluggish Performance?

About 3 weeks ago my 08 max went from running like a dream to running like SH#T. There was a bad storm and I think I got some water into my cold air intake. When I start it it initially runs rough and dies sometimes, if it doesn't die it runs very rough and if i keep it in manual ans keep the rpm's above 2500 it is drive-able. Sometimes when coasting the rpm gage surges back and forth from 1000 to 2000 The code reader said MAF and cylinder 3 misfire so i replaced the MAF and all of the spark plugs since I had to take the intake manifold off anyway. After all of that there has been no change and the only thing I can think of next is ignition coils. Any suggestions are welcome because I am at my wits-end.
TJMaxxx is offline   Send a private message to TJMaxxx Find more posts by TJMaxxx Add TJMaxxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 11397

Reputation Level: 6
KobyG04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Bad Idle, Sluggish Performance?

misfire sounds like a bad ignition coil. swap it to another cylinder and see if the misfire changes cylinders to know for sure
KobyG04 is offline   Send a private message to KobyG04 Find more posts by KobyG04 Add KobyG04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2014, 10:50 PM   Thread Starter #3

Originally Posted by KobyG04 View Post
misfire sounds like a bad ignition coil. swap it to another cylinder and see if the misfire changes cylinders to know for sure
Replaced coils and still no change. Could it be fuel injector/fuel rail prob? I have read that others in this forum have had the exact prob. but they haven't figured it out yet or did not write anymore about it. I cant afford to take it to Nissan or garage so I guess I will have to keep trying diff things until something works. lol
TJMaxxx is offline   Send a private message to TJMaxxx Find more posts by TJMaxxx Add TJMaxxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2014, 10:52 PM   Thread Starter #4

Originally Posted by KobyG04 View Post
Replaced coils and still no change. Could it be fuel injector/fuel rail prob? I have read that others in this forum have had the exact prob. but they haven't figured it out yet or did not write anymore about it. I cant afford to take it to Nissan or garage so I guess I will have to keep trying diff things until something works. lol
Old 08-25-2014, 01:20 AM   #5
Official Member

Official Member #: 11397

Reputation Level: 6
KobyG04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TJMaxxx View Post
Post up the codes you pulled off the reader and we may be able to pinpoint it better
KobyG04 is offline   Send a private message to KobyG04 Find more posts by KobyG04 Add KobyG04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top