Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:35 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 6967

Reputation Level: 0
ReverseControl is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default 6 speed owners advice needed

So after doing the timing job on my maxima ive deiced to replace the motor mounts on the car since they were going out. Anyway before replacement I was getting a somewhat of a thugging or banging vibration when changing gears, today I replaced the last mount, the front one with the sensor, after a test drive it helped out a little bit, but when Im changing gears I still get a noticeable vibration, So Im thinking either I have a clutch issue or the sensor is not getting power?? clutch was done at 90k I have 107 at the moment. All mounts are OEM. Anybody with a 6 speed experience this?
ReverseControl is offline   Send a private message to ReverseControl Find more posts by ReverseControl Add ReverseControl to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-20-2016, 08:43 AM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 15981

Reputation Level: 5
Travieso is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: 6 speed owners advice needed

i haven't experienced this but when does it exactly happen? Does it continue to vibrate with the foot off the clutch pedal or only when pressing it? Is it hard to shift? Do the gears grind into place? How about acceleration? or coasting in gear? To rule out mounts, you need someone to look at the engine bay when blipping the throttle
Travieso is offline   Send a private message to Travieso Find more posts by Travieso Add Travieso to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-21-2016, 09:00 PM   #3
Official Member

Official Member #: 2874

Reputation Level: 8
trilla_one is an unknown quantity at this point

I could be wrong but the 6spd mounts don't have the sensors. That sounds like something you should get professionally checked. Clutch may be failing

"Every generation has to take its place in battling in the struggle for equality"

-Dr. Harry Thomas
trilla_one is offline   Send a private message to trilla_one Find more posts by trilla_one Add trilla_one to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-23-2016, 05:25 PM   Thread Starter #4

Gears dont grind but when just driving normally ill shift from 3 to 4 and ill get that bang like vibration, but all the mounts are new, so it just leaves the clutch might be going out soon...hmmmm, it was like that before the clutch was done too, so im not sure, haven't driven another 6speed maxima to compare
ReverseControl is offline   Send a private message to ReverseControl Find more posts by ReverseControl Add ReverseControl to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2016, 08:32 AM   #5
Official Member

Official Member #: 15981

Reputation Level: 5
Travieso is an unknown quantity at this point

could be the synchronizers inside the gears, you say it happens when shifting. Same thing happened to me when shifting from 2nd to 3rd normal or hard driving and downshifting as well. Mine was more of a hard clashing and grind. Turned out to be i put the wrong tranny fluid and now it's perfectly fine. Can't really pin point what this vibration you sense but if it happened before the clutch change, i don't think it could be clutch related. I also have a front mount with a wire sensor, i didn't think they came in the manuals either. thinking of changing it for a regular one.
Travieso is offline   Send a private message to Travieso Find more posts by Travieso Add Travieso to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 11-02-2016, 02:59 PM   Thread Starter #6

Yes it could be, Ill post any updates if it gets worse, or anything else pops up.