Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > Ask Your Technical & General Questions > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:49 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 727

Reputation Level: 0
Bionic is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default 100K Tune Up Parts List

Hey Everyone,
So I'm about to hit 100K in my Maxima (07) - Completely Stock. I'm going to start buying the parts I need to do the big tune up. I just wanted to bounce my list off of you guys to see if there is anything I may be missing.

-Plugs
-Coils (Not sure if I'm gonna need them, but figure it would be a good time to replace them since I will have the access.
-Manifold Gasket
-Standard Oil Change stuff (oil and air filter, cabin filter, oil, etc.)

I had the belts chaged at 60K, and I changed the transmission fluid at 60K and 90K.

Coincidentally, my tires need to be replaced as well. I got 60K out of the stock tires, then had Eagle GT's installed. This time, I'm thinking about going with Continental's Extreme Contact. I drive over 60 miles (round trip) everyday to get to and from work. They seem to be a decent all season tire, and the reviews I have read about road noise, tread wear, etc. have been pretty good.

What about struts? When should they be replaced? (They'll have to be another weekend project).

That about covers it, what do you guys think?

Thanks for the input.

Justin
Bionic is offline   Send a private message to Bionic Find more posts by Bionic Add Bionic to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
Premier Member

Official Member #: 2533

Reputation Level: 11
MaxPrime is an unknown quantity at this point

My Awards:
Official Ride  

/ Point Value: 10

Default Re: 100K Tune Up Parts List

I will hit 100k soon too have 89,000 glad to see what people will say
MaxPrime is offline   Send a private message to MaxPrime Find more posts by MaxPrime Add MaxPrime to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
Premier Member

Official Member #: 224

Reputation Level: 15
KZ 259 is on a distinguished road

the structs should be replaced if it hasnt ever yet, and look for any torn boots or leaks of any kind (end links, CVs, leaking structs, etc). i know brake fluid is good for a very, very long time so no need to worry about that, power steering fluid ehhh maybe, flush out the coolant, check the condition of the motor mounts, the coilpacks on our cars are very good so you most likely wont need to change em, definitely change out the manifold gasket......thats all i got for now : - )
Old 10-04-2011, 01:32 PM   Thread Starter #4

Thanks for the input. Ill take a look at everything as I go through it all.
Bionic is offline   Send a private message to Bionic Find more posts by Bionic Add Bionic to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #5
Premier Member

Official Member #: 11

Reputation Level: 41
CleanMaxx has a spectacular aura aboutCleanMaxx has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Honorable Ride  

/ Point Value: 5

Visit CleanMaxx's Twitter Visit CleanMaxx's YouTube

I think you have it covered. Make sure you just drain and fill the tranny fluid. Doing a flush has been known to cause issues.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:33 PM   Thread Starter #6

Both times I changed the fluid myself, and it was just a drain and fill. What kind of issues has the flush been known to cause?

---
I am here:
Old 10-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #7
Premier Member

Official Member #: 11

Reputation Level: 41
CleanMaxx has a spectacular aura aboutCleanMaxx has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Honorable Ride  

/ Point Value: 5

Visit CleanMaxx's Twitter Visit CleanMaxx's YouTube

Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
Both times I changed the fluid myself, and it was just a drain and fill. What kind of issues has the flush been known to cause?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.588547,-116.277542
The flush has been known to break up and flush out particles and pieces (what its meant to do). But, your transmission has been shifting with those pieces in place. Now that they are gone it will cause issues.
I hope that made sense.

Sent From My EVO 3D
Old 10-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #8
Team Street Wandererz

Official Member #: 2672

Reputation Level: 16
LucKie1nE will become famous soon enough

Visit LucKie1nE's PS3 Profile Visit LucKie1nE's YouTube Visit LucKie1nE's Xbox Gamercard

Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
Both times I changed the fluid myself, and it was just a drain and fill. What kind of issues has the flush been known to cause
I'm a mechanic by trade and I always recommend servicing the transmission the correct way, which is to drop the pan, drain the fluid, replace the filter and gasket. When you use a power flusher to flush fluid thru your transmission could cause damage.

Every transmission generates a little wear which is collected in the pan, when power flushed, this wear can be forced into places where it can damage your transmission. In addition if your transmission has metal or clutch material in the pan (which in an indication of problems to come) you will not know this. We do have a power transmission flusher which we will use if a customer insists. How ever we do not recommend it.

Especially near 100K miles, I also recommend flushing power steering and brake fluid.. We recommend doing struts at 50K miles or if it shows signs of leaking or clunking noise but with clunking noise, it could also be stablizing links.. Just do a full multi-point inspection.. Good luck and hope this helps..

Last edited by LucKie1nE; 10-04-2011 at 11:28 PM.
CleanMaxx (10-04-2011)
LucKie1nE is offline   Send a private message to LucKie1nE Find more posts by LucKie1nE Add LucKie1nE to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top