Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Main Discussion Area > 04-08 General Discussion > Insurance, Accidents & Thefts

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:34 PM   Thread Starter #1
mr. bigs
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 8

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Awards:
Honorable Ride  

/ Point Value: 5

Default Someone Slid Into My Car.....

ok so my car is at the dealership getting a new timing chain and side motor mount replaced under the warranty i have. i dropped it off last week and i was told it would be ready today or tomorrow. well i just got a call from the service guy figuring he was going to tell me its done but NO he's telling me someone slid into my car and somehow just cracked my grill. i haven't seen the car yet but i figured i'd post the info i have now before i head there for some advice. he did say they will cover the cost of replacing it but at first said he said will give me the oem for free and obviously i turned that down. he said they will replace it for after market one but i got mine from maxpower and i don't think they make those anymore so i'm thinking of just telling them that i want the cracked grill to get fixed.

im thinking that they obviously have to do so. but any1 think they can deny that since it may be more expensive?

Last edited by bdmaxima; 01-10-2011 at 12:41 PM.
bdmaxima is banned   Send a private message to bdmaxima Find more posts by bdmaxima Add bdmaxima to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #2

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default Re: Someone Slid Into My Car.....

Damn that sucks man. I think only me and you have the MPC Grill.

I would check out the damage first and see if its worth fixing. If not, just get your $200 which is its value. You can get a stock OEM for super cheap so I wouldn't go that route.

Worse case you can try to ask to fix it... but again depends on how bad the crack is. You don't want a touch up job that will eventually crack again.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

What does your grille look like?

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #4

EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

^^ Same one I have.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
Quicksilver

Official Member #: 138

Reputation Level: 50
RAZ76 is a jewel in the roughRAZ76 is a jewel in the roughRAZ76 is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

/ Point Value: 10

Banner of The Month  

Official Ride  

Nope, they are fully responsible for any damage it occurs while the car is under their care. If that is a rare grill that is not made anymore, they have to repair it at any cost.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:50 PM   #6

And you better not let them brainwash you with some BS since you are a nice guy.

I agress with Raz. They have to do whatever it takes to get back to how it was. Its not your fault at all. Forget about how much they think its worth... have them fix it.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
Old 01-10-2011, 12:56 PM   Thread Starter #7
mr. bigs

My Awards:
Honorable Ride  

ya thanks for the info. im heading out there now anyway to take a look.

cause i still don't know how they only managed to crack my grill and nothing else could be damaged.
bdmaxima is banned   Send a private message to bdmaxima Find more posts by bdmaxima Add bdmaxima to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #8
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bdmaxima View Post
ya thanks for the info. im heading out there now anyway to take a look.

cause i still don't know how they only managed to crack my grill and nothing else could be damaged.
As soon as you get there take a bunch of pics of the damage.. and demand for it to be fixed to be the way it was.

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2011, 01:09 PM   #9
Quicksilver

Official Member #: 138

Reputation Level: 50
RAZ76 is a jewel in the roughRAZ76 is a jewel in the roughRAZ76 is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:

Banner of The Month  

Official Ride  

Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
As soon as you get there take a bunch of pics of the damage.. and demand for it to be fixed to be the way it was.
I completely agree, get nasty if you have to.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #10
Executive Member

Official Member #: 684

Reputation Level: 74
Thundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

I don't know anything about the grill you currently have or the availability of a brand new one. The dealer is responsible. However, if they repair it, will you be happy with a patched grill? Is there another grill you that you may have considered more desirable since you installed the one that is now damaged?

Do you have good photos of your car looking it's best with the now damaged grill. Use that as evidence of how the car should look and how well you maintain your car.

If the repair cannot be made satisfactorily, and an exact replacement is not available, stand your ground, but don't be unreasonable. They may offer you a new original factory grill. Tell them no. Tell them this was a custom designed grill. If they cannot find a new one, you should choose one you prefer over the factory original. Make them order and pay for it and install it. (DO NOT LET THEM TELL YOU TO ORDER THE GRILL, AND THEN THEY WILL REIMBURSE YOU).

Try to negotiate some type of compensation for the inconvenience of them damaging a one of a kind custom grill that cannot be replaced. They will not want to give you money. See if you can get some type of free service. Don't settle for an oil change. Try to get some type of more expensive service.

Be sure to take photos of the damage done to your car.
Good Luck with the outcome.

Originally quoted by SH@Y86
Every time I think of judge Judy I think of her sitting in a court room with a name plate that reads Thundershott
RAZ76 (01-10-2011)
Thundershott is offline   Send a private message to Thundershott Find more posts by Thundershott Add Thundershott to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #11
Donating Member

Official Member #: 57

Reputation Level: 14
Biggden434 is on a distinguished road

My Awards:
Honorable Ride  

They broke it!!! They fix it!! Point Blank Period!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #12

Originally Posted by Biggden434 View Post
Yes sir. In Brooklyn, things like that get fixed or people will be sleeping with the fishes on the Williamsburg bridge.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
Dislikes: (1)
DON-OMAR-05MAX (01-10-2011)
Old 01-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #13
Executive Member

Official Member #: 684

Reputation Level: 74
Thundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Originally Posted by Biggden434 View Post
Very true statement.

But if the fix is not satisfactory, and the exact replacement is no longer available, one has to be reasonable. A court would give him only the value of the grill with out any other compensation. This is why I advise him to work with the dealer to get the grill of his choice and a little compensation in the form of free service. It's a custom grill and the dealer is at fault, but it is a $200.00 item. They technically could give him $200.00 for the damaged grill and be done with the entire issue. The dealer can probably fix the grill. I wonder how good the repair will be. That decision will be up to bdmaxima.

Originally quoted by SH@Y86
Every time I think of judge Judy I think of her sitting in a court room with a name plate that reads Thundershott
Thundershott is offline   Send a private message to Thundershott Find more posts by Thundershott Add Thundershott to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #14
The Bronx 6th Gen

Official Member #: 19

Reputation Level: 16
Blackoutt is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

My Awards:

picsssss

...Team Street REVOLUZION...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyMaxx
Gearbox....Love your dog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyMaxx
Gear... Your dog kind of resembles Blackout a little if you ever meet him in person.lol

eddy... are you trying to hint something????
Blackoutt is offline   Send a private message to Blackoutt Find more posts by Blackoutt Add Blackoutt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #15
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 4

Reputation Level: 14
OwenMaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

My Awards:
Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

you can always get a cmod grill.... its like 150$
Old 01-10-2011, 05:19 PM   Thread Starter #16
mr. bigs

My Awards:
Honorable Ride  

when i got to the dealership i was expecting the worst, since the service guy said it was cracked and unrepairable after their body shop took a look at it. well i got their and first thing i saw was the front bumper was buffed and looked pretty good,somewhat new. most of the local guys know my front bumper looks pretty dull so that buff did wonders lol. then he showed me the grill and i was expecting to see it in pieces but really there were just chips in the paint all over and then two spots that actually looked pretty damaged.

so now i get the car back tomorrow afternoon so i'm going to take another look around and make sure there was nothing i missed. but really the car seems to be fine......not going to lie i was hoping the front end was going to be bad including headlights, since i wanted a whole new front end lol.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #17
Official Member
Donating Member

Official Member #: 141

Reputation Level: 17
PhantomMax is on a distinguished road

My Awards:

Call Nissan and complain about that dealership ! I complained to Nissan once and the dealership got mad and said why did you do that !
Old 01-10-2011, 06:22 PM   #18
1st Place Maxima

Official Member #: 77

Reputation Level: 27
chulo will become famous soon enoughchulo will become famous soon enough

My Awards:

Banner of The Month  

we can fix it but that needs a lot of work bd... i already told you what the price might be. but again, they are paying for it.
chulo is offline   Send a private message to chulo Find more posts by chulo Add chulo to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #19
Official Member
Donating Member

Official Member #: 110

dstruc is on a distinguished road

f the stealership over. since they do that to customers. make them fix your grille.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:08 PM   Thread Starter #20
mr. bigs

My Awards:
Honorable Ride  

ya dealership said they'll pay either to replace it or give the oem.

i'm just going to tell them i have a shop that will fix it. see where it goes from that tomorrow. cause i refuse to get any other grill because the other ebay grills have that gap at the bottom that annoys me.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #21

Have them fix it bro. And make sure its just like how it was....

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
Old 01-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #22
Always For Self

Official Member #: 50

Reputation Level: 18
craze is on a distinguished road

My Awards:
Honorable Ride  

Visit craze's Facebook Visit craze's PS3 Profile

Good luck bd
Old 01-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #23
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 63

Reputation Level: 58
1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about1hawaii50 has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

V.I.P Member  

/ Point Value: 15

Official Ride  

Take a REALLY good look at the bumper too, if they buffed the bumper cover, that means there was damage there too. Make sure the cover isn't "rippled" from the impact.

Last edited by 1hawaii50; 01-11-2011 at 06:31 AM.
1hawaii50 is offline   Send a private message to 1hawaii50 Find more posts by 1hawaii50 Add 1hawaii50 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #24

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
Old 01-10-2011, 09:50 PM   Thread Starter #25
mr. bigs

My Awards:
Honorable Ride  

Originally Posted by 1hawaii50 View Post
Take a REALLY good look at the bumper too, if they buffed the bumper cover, that means there was damage there too. Make sure the cover isn't "rippled" from the impact.
ya defiantly.

why couldn't they have just damaged the entire front so this would be easier

Last edited by 1hawaii50; 01-11-2011 at 06:31 AM.