Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Main Discussion Area > 04-08 General Discussion > Insurance, Accidents & Thefts

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:01 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 4184

Reputation Level: 0
bklivestboro is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Please Help, Salvage Title Inspection

I PURCHASED A 2006 MAX WITH A REBUILT INDIANA TITLE AND JUST FOUND OUT WHEN I WENT TO THE DMV THAT MY CAR CANT BE REGISTERED IN NY UNTIL IT GOES THROUGH A SALVAGE INSPECTION! I KNOW THAT I HAVE TO FILL THE PAPERWORK OUT AND SEND TO ALBANY AND THE RECIEVE AN INSPECTION DATE. I HAVE RECEIPTS THAT THE GUY WHO SOLD ME THE CAR LEFT ME FOR THE PARTS HE REPLACED BUT IM STILL A LITTLE WORRIED. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT MY SIDE AIR BAG WAS DEPLOYED AND HE REPLACED THAT BUT PEOPLE ARE TELLING ME THAT I WILL FAIL BECAUSE ANY AIRBAG REPLACED FOR SALVAGE INSPECTION MUST BE FROM THE FACTORY. hAS ANYONE BEEN IN MY SHOES AND HAS GONE THOUGH THIS PROCESS? PLEASE REPLY AND LET ME KNOW YOUR EXPERIENCE AND WHAT TO EXPECT. PLEASE ANYONE!!!! THANKS
bklivestboro is offline   Send a private message to bklivestboro Find more posts by bklivestboro Add bklivestboro to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #2

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default Re: PLEASE HELP SALVAGE INSPECTION

Here's everything you need to confirm bro: http://www.dmv.ny.gov/forms/mv899.pdf

Next Steps: NYS DMV - Salvage Vehicle Examination Program

How can I make sure that my vehicle is prepared for the examination?

Make sure that you have the forms and documents that are required. Make sure that you have the documents and the proofs described on form MV-899 (Application for Salvage Vehicle Examination).

Check the condition of your vehicle. Make sure that your vehicle is safe for use on the road. If the DMV investigator determines that the condition of your vehicle is not safe, the DMV will not examine the vehicle.

Finish the work. Make sure that you complete all the repairs and install all the replacement parts. You must install a new air bag to replace an activated air bag or an air bag that was removed from the salvage vehicle. You cannot install a used air bag from another vehicle.

Provide your sales receipts and proofs of ownership. You must show a sales receipt for each of the replaced parts, or your proof of ownership for other vehicles that you used to supply replacement parts. The proofs must show the complete VIN of the vehicle. The receipts and the proofs must match the correct parts included in the rebuilt vehicle.

Check for stolen vehicle parts. Frequently a person buys a vehicle part and does not know that the part was stolen. NYS law requires the DMV to confiscate a vehicle part if the DMV investigator determines during the examination that the vehicle part was stolen. The DMV can impound the complete vehicle if the stolen part is a major part like the engine or the transmission. If the complete vehicle is stolen, the DMV confiscates the vehicle and returns the vehicle to the legal owner.

Display the vehicle identification number (VIN). The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) requires manufacturers to attach VIN labels to specific parts of specific models of vehicles. If a label is damaged, absent or covered, the DMV can confiscate the part. If a manufacturer made a part on your vehicle that included a VIN label, make sure that the VIN label is attached, legible, not damaged and fully visible. If the DMV investigator determines that the part came from a valid source, the investigator can attach a replacement VIN label and will not confiscate the part. You must pay a total fee of $25 if the DMV attaches one or more VIN labels to the vehicle. Only facilities registered or licensed by the DMV can use a check to pay the fee. All other applicants must use a money order to pay the fee.

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
Latinmaxima (02-26-2012)
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 02-26-2012, 07:21 PM   Thread Starter #3

Official Member #: 4184

Reputation Level: 0
bklivestboro is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: Please Help, Salvage Title Inspection

Thanks alot Bro

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Do you know of anyone that has experienced this before?
bklivestboro is offline   Send a private message to bklivestboro Find more posts by bklivestboro Add bklivestboro to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top