Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Main Discussion Area > 04-08 General Discussion > Insurance, Accidents & Thefts

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:07 PM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 4922

Reputation Level: 13
Spydaman will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Good Bye Tie Rod!!!

Started as a great day....Was on my way to work enjoying the sun and the weather.....I decide to take the local roads (no highways)....I drive for about 35-40 minutes ( i work far) when all of a sudden I hear a clanking noise. So I do what most retards ( I mean "mentally challenged") would do in my position, I keep driving and hope the noise goes away, but the thing is, it never went away.. It got louder and now my car started shaking, so I automatically assumed one of my tire is flat, and I pull over mad as hell at the thought of having to spend $250 on a freaking tire. I inspected the tires, they were perfect...I had no idea what was going on until the tow truck driver pointed out that one my front tire was turned while the other one was pointing straight. He points at the tie rod hanging down under my car then he tells me my rims are two big..."WHAT?....They're 20s.....I see ppl driving with 24s on their Max...U can't tell me my rims are too big!!". So now Im riding shotgun to the mechanic and the tow driver spends the next 45 minutes telling me how much he hates Indians and "Mexicans" (he calls all Hispanic ppl Mexicans)....Mind you, my complexion is brown so I wonder what he tells the "Mexicans" and Indians about Black ppl. Ironically as well, my mechanic happens to be Indian so the look on his face when we pulled up to the mechanic was priceless. Anyway, $200 down the hole...should be picking up my car in a few. Im just grateful I decided to take the local roads instead of the highway....I could be dead right now.
Spydaman is offline   Send a private message to Spydaman Find more posts by Spydaman Add Spydaman to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
Executive Member

Official Member #: 1924

Reputation Level: 24
Latinmaxima is on a distinguished road

Visit Latinmaxima's Facebook Visit Latinmaxima's PS3 Profile Visit Latinmaxima's YouTube Visit Latinmaxima's Xbox Gamercard
Default Re: Good Bye Tie Rod!!!

Sounds like you were meant to stay off the highway. Sucksbyou had to pony up cash for a tie rod but thankfully it wasn't worse. I am sure by our glad to get it back quickly.

So says latinmaxima, so it shall be!
Old 08-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
Official Member

Official Member #: 8487

Reputation Level: 6
Steezmuffin686 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea, your lucky that sucker didnt go completely sideways putting ur shiny rim into your nice fender! lol. good that you got it done, usually i reccommend tie-rods in pairs, if you did your left, you can bet ur right isnt far out from the same fate. id rather air on the side of caution tho. did you have the mechanic shake down the other side to make sure that the tierod / ball joints werent loose?
| 04 SE 6mt | ralco rz sts | shifter hacked 4" | no name cai | ebay catback | Racingline FSTB | Progress RSB | RoadMagnet springs (winter) | BC BR coilovers (summer) | SPC rear camber arms | 5% tint&banner | Hardwired passport 9500 | kicker 10DCVR12's | pioneer avh 280bt 6.2" | Hyfonics Brutus 1600w amp | Sherwood Carbon Fiber dash kit | OBX headers | G-coupe 18's | 5&20mm spacers | junction produce goodies |...more to come
Steezmuffin686 is offline   Send a private message to Steezmuffin686 Find more posts by Steezmuffin686 Add Steezmuffin686 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 1598

Reputation Level: 21
smittybizzle will become famous soon enough

Damn, that is scary. I need to change my tie rods and motor mount etc.
smittybizzle is offline   Send a private message to smittybizzle Find more posts by smittybizzle Add smittybizzle to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
Official Member

Official Member #: 220

Reputation Level: 9
Jingiko is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Thats crazy,

do they sell performance tie rods?
Jingiko is offline   Send a private message to Jingiko Find more posts by Jingiko Add Jingiko to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 09-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #6
Official Member

Official Member #: 220

Reputation Level: 9
Jingiko is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Thats crazy,

do they sell performance tie rods?
Jingiko is offline   Send a private message to Jingiko Find more posts by Jingiko Add Jingiko to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top