Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Main Discussion Area > 04-08 General Discussion > Insurance, Accidents & Thefts

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:23 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 551

Reputation Level: 12
BkzNism06 is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default FML 3 Car Accident

Well guys, I was on my way to queens in traffic so I didn;t even need to accelerate but it was enough to get me sandwiched between 2 cars.

So the camry in front of me decided to stop short I guess to allow a car merging in. At that time, i stepped on the brakes with the quickness...goin 10MPH -_- and tapped the camry in front...sort of how it is when you're parking a car in a tight space and hit the car in front. So I'm like FUCK figured it was okay...

Then I will go out on a limb and say the car behind me was tailgating me or something because he deadass crashed into me forcing me...with my feet still on the brakes, to jerk forward and hit the camry in front.

After we all got out of our cars, I end up with OD scratches on my front AND rear bumper FUCKKK and my c-mod grille broken somehow. The camry has scracthes and his bumper partially torn out...and the hyundai behind me with a dent near the hood and a broken windshield (wtf?).

So tell me guys...who's at fault? The camry driver called the cops but the officer said he wasn't writing a report because it was less than $1000 worth of damages and told us to figure it out ourselves. Now driver A and C (I'm B since i'm in the middle) both got my info only and I have both of theirs. How should I go about it? Should I report it or work it out on the side?

Thanks for reading, any help would be great
Old 10-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #2
Donating Member

Official Member #: 86

Reputation Level: 25
Max Power will become famous soon enoughMax Power will become famous soon enough

Participation Level: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Visit Max Power's YouTube
Default Re: FML 3 Car Accident

You are responsible for the camery ahead. The hyundai is responsible for everything that happened in your ass.
Max Power is offline   Send a private message to Max Power Find more posts by Max Power Add Max Power to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
Senior Moderator
The Capital's 6th Gen

Official Member #: 1765

Reputation Level: 58
officerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura aboutofficerfrasher has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Supporting Family Member  

Official Ride  

Spotlight Ride Of The Month  

/ Point Value: 5

If you just barely tapped car A, then car C slammed into you, car C would be responsible if car A has major damage.
officerfrasher is offline   Send a private message to officerfrasher Find more posts by officerfrasher Add officerfrasher to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-16-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
Premier Member

Official Member #: 119

Reputation Level: 107
20inlowpros is a splendid one to behold20inlowpros is a splendid one to behold20inlowpros is a splendid one to behold20inlowpros is a splendid one to behold20inlowpros is a splendid one to behold20inlowpros is a splendid one to behold20inlowpros is a splendid one to behold20inlowpros is a splendid one to behold

Hyuandai is responsible for yours...you're responsible for the camry...even though the camry stopped short. Both of you were driving too close...

Originally Posted by dstruc View Post
I would do a MAN in the ass to get this car.

Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
If you experience an erection that lasts longer than 4 hours, clear the rest of your schedule and get your electrolytes up. Ha!
20inlowpros is offline   Send a private message to 20inlowpros Find more posts by 20inlowpros Add 20inlowpros to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-16-2011, 11:33 PM   Thread Starter #5

thanks for the answers guys. the thing is, the officer didn't want to file a report because he "concluded" it was less than $1000 worth of damage and if we really wanted to, we deal with insurance ourselves. Would my rates go up if the camry files a claim on me? I'm trying to get him to side with me and blame the hyundai instead because he technically pushed me into car A
Old 10-16-2011, 11:36 PM   #6
1st Place Maxima

Official Member #: 77

Reputation Level: 27
chulo will become famous soon enoughchulo will become famous soon enough

My Awards:
Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Banner of The Month  

car a will not go after car c.... he will go after you.
chulo is offline   Send a private message to chulo Find more posts by chulo Add chulo to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2011, 12:02 AM   #7
Team Street Wandererz

Official Member #: 2672

Reputation Level: 15
LucKie1nE will become famous soon enough

Visit LucKie1nE's PS3 Profile Visit LucKie1nE's YouTube Visit LucKie1nE's Xbox Gamercard

As MaxPower stated.. Car B is responsible for Car A and Car C is responsible for Car B..
LucKie1nE is offline   Send a private message to LucKie1nE Find more posts by LucKie1nE Add LucKie1nE to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2011, 12:12 AM   #8
Premier Member

Official Member #: 119

Reputation Level: 107
20inlowpros is a splendid one to behold20inlowpros is a splendid one to behold20inlowpros is a splendid one to behold20inlowpros is a splendid one to behold20inlowpros is a splendid one to behold20inlowpros is a splendid one to behold20inlowpros is a splendid one to behold20inlowpros is a splendid one to behold

Insurance companies see rear end accidents as.. the car that hits the car in front is at fault, regardless of circumstances.

Originally Posted by dstruc View Post
I would do a MAN in the ass to get this car.

Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
If you experience an erection that lasts longer than 4 hours, clear the rest of your schedule and get your electrolytes up. Ha!
20inlowpros is offline   Send a private message to 20inlowpros Find more posts by 20inlowpros Add 20inlowpros to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2011, 01:47 AM   #9
Mile High Maxima

Official Member #: 510

Reputation Level: 33
Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Dang it, just going to be a headache and a waste of money. Sorry to hear that but glad your okay. Your rates may go up. Whoever rear ends someone is at fault.

I guess I would probably call your insurance company and see what they say, maybe they can help you get it all pinned on car C?

Less that $1000 worth of damage, boy that's so easy to do more that 1k damage. New bumper and paint..... heck, one of our headlights is $800 from the dealer.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2011, 08:42 AM   Thread Starter #10

hmm i googled and it said if all cars were in motion, i get 50% of blame for A and car C get's 100% blame for me. I just woke up and thought about it, don't even know why i bothered handing my insurance info over to car C when he hit me from behind...he's not going to get anything regardless of his damage right?
Old 10-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #11
Mile High Maxima

Official Member #: 510

Reputation Level: 33
Apollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura aboutApollos2 has a spectacular aura about

Participation Level: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Right

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Apollos2 is offline   Send a private message to Apollos2 Find more posts by Apollos2 Add Apollos2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #12
Administrator

Official Member #: 75

Reputation Level: 20
Qwikhas will become famous soon enough

C/A-B=D*2/3 the coefficient of F.

Sorry, saw an opening for humor and took it.
Latinmaxima (10-18-2011)
Qwikhas is offline   Send a private message to Qwikhas Find more posts by Qwikhas Add Qwikhas to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2011, 12:01 PM   Thread Starter #13

^ it's great you take humor in my situation

jk bro haha.

question, after the accident, i hear a squeaking sound coming from the drivers side..or somewhere whenever i go over bumps and stuff now. could something be wrong with my brakes now? the thing is, the car behind me hit me and moved me forward while i was already stopped. should i get it checked out and could it be serious?
Old 10-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #14
Official Member

Official Member #: 7

Reputation Level: 11
SilverFoxx is on a distinguished road

Participation Level: 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Not to thread jack but i had this happen to me ALMOST exactly the same way. Except i ended up getting pushed into the back of a cube truck from the guy behind me. He tried to run and I ended up taking a ride on the guys hood going down one of our major highways here in Philly. After all info was exchanged (with a cop there) turns out car C (plates were stolen) and truck A said I hit him first and then car C made me hit him again! UFKING LYING HIS ASS OFF!! I don't remember the outcome as it was over 10yrs ago but I do remember my insurance going up and being extremely heated from truck A lying on the stand when he knew damn well I didn't touch him before I was hit.

Bottom line, please make sure you cover your bases and make sure all the info is correct and if need be get that police report or something because somehow someway someone will try to screw you over!!

www.TeamAllOutNissan.com

I'm mainly show with a little bit of go, but best believe she is not slow!!
SilverFoxx is offline   Send a private message to SilverFoxx Find more posts by SilverFoxx Add SilverFoxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2011, 03:10 PM   Thread Starter #15

so car C's insurance called me asking me to explain the situation. i told him the whole story and he asked me why his client only got my info and not car A's also. i was like...you serious bro? now i'm wondering if i should call back to car C's insurance and give him car A's info as well. would that make it a case btween A and C and not me?
Old 10-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #16
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 140

Reputation Level: 51
Chemax has a spectacular aura aboutChemax has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Originally Posted by BkzNism06 View Post
so car C's insurance called me asking me to explain the situation. i told him the whole story and he asked me why his client only got my info and not car A's also. i was like...you serious bro? now i'm wondering if i should call back to car C's insurance and give him car A's info as well. would that make it a case btween A and C and not me?
Insurance will always try to blame as many people as possible. If they ask, I'd probably hand over car A's insurance info.

mmm.... chorizo
-csiepka
Apollos2 (10-17-2011)
Chemax is offline   Send a private message to Chemax Find more posts by Chemax Add Chemax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2011, 04:27 PM   Thread Starter #17

so he called back again...my uncle and father doesn't think i should hand over car A's info because they might team up and go after me lol is there ever a case where the car behind me would be able to cause me to pay for his damages?
Old 10-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #18
Donating Member

Official Member #: 57

Reputation Level: 14
Biggden434 is on a distinguished road

My Awards:
Honorable Ride  

I was involved in a similar incident right after i brought my max.. Luckily car A had no damage but me on the other hand had about $3k in damages.. Car C insurance took car of it with no problem.. In your case car A is gonna file a claim thru ur insurance, car B (you) file a claim thru car C insurance & car C is just plain ole stuck with filing a claim thru their incurance.. But u might get lucky cause if car A states that car C hit car B (you) into car A when filing the claim you might only be partiallty @ fault.. Keep ur fingers crossed bro..
Old 10-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #19
Executive Member

Official Member #: 1924

Reputation Level: 24
Latinmaxima is on a distinguished road

Visit Latinmaxima's Facebook Visit Latinmaxima's PS3 Profile Visit Latinmaxima's YouTube Visit Latinmaxima's Xbox Gamercard

Your insurance may cover part of a for you following to closely but otherwise c is at fault.