Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Main Discussion Area > Member Rides

Member Rides Each member can create their own thread and use it to display a time line of their rides mod progress throughout the years.

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:21 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 14327

Reputation Level: 0
dlad09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Need Help On Colors

Hey guys, I am deciding on what color i should plasti dip my rims, grill, and emblems on the back. I have 2008 Nissan Maxima SE Dark slate is the color. I was thinking about black, charcoal grey, or anthracite grey plasti dip. Which one would look best on the dark slate color?
dlad09 is offline   Send a private message to dlad09 Find more posts by dlad09 Add dlad09 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 11397

Reputation Level: 6
KobyG04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Need Help On Colors

If you are going the plasti dip route I would go black
KobyG04 is offline   Send a private message to KobyG04 Find more posts by KobyG04 Add KobyG04 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
Executive Member

Official Member #: 1924

Reputation Level: 24
Latinmaxima is on a distinguished road

Visit Latinmaxima's Facebook Visit Latinmaxima's PS3 Profile Visit Latinmaxima's YouTube Visit Latinmaxima's Xbox Gamercard

Red or black. What color do you want your calipers? Match it up

So says latinmaxima, so it shall be!
Old 10-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #4
Official Member

Official Member #: 10843

Jugghead is an unknown quantity at this point

I got an 2008 dark slate SE. Wheels, emblems, roof strips, front grill are plasti dipped black. Check out my pics. Looks great in my opinion. Look for yourself. Short term fix. Going painting/powder coating black soon as I get a chance. I do love plasti dip though and it does stand up pretty well.
Jugghead is offline   Send a private message to Jugghead Find more posts by Jugghead Add Jugghead to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
Official Member

Official Member #: 9697

Sammaxvq35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jugghead View Post
I got an 2008 dark slate SE. Wheels, emblems, roof strips, front grill are plasti dipped black. Check out my pics. Looks great in my opinion. Look for yourself. Short term fix. Going painting/powder coating black soon as I get a chance. I do love plasti dip though and it does stand up pretty well.
Do you use the clear plasti dip after the black. Or you just leave it flat black?
Old 10-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #6
Official Member

Just the black. I have never used the clear. I have used the glossifer(the gloss they sell) bf and it does give it a satin look. It fades some though. If/when I redo them I'll just use black. 5 coats or 1 can per wheel.
Sammaxvq35 (10-21-2013)
Jugghead is offline   Send a private message to Jugghead Find more posts by Jugghead Add Jugghead to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-20-2013, 10:48 PM   Thread Starter #7

Official Member #: 14327

Reputation Level: 0
dlad09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jugghead View Post
Damn, I really like that! The only difference is I have the other rims on my car. Just curious, why didnt you black out your front emblem? I am gonna do the same thing, how many coats did you put on the rims, the emblems, and the grill?
dlad09 is offline   Send a private message to dlad09 Find more posts by dlad09 Add dlad09 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
Official Member

I did black out the front emblem on the front at 1st. Just didn't like it so I peeled it off. Personal choice. 1 whole can per wheel. As far as the emblems and roof strips, 5 coats each. Spray on, let dry 15 min., then apply next coat. Lots of videos online. Just prep them well. I have had it on for 4-5 months so far and it still looks good. I got new struts/shocks and some Tein springs in the garage so I'm sure I'll have to redo the rims when I get them put on.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #9
Official Member

5 coats on the grill too. Just cover your radiator with something(cardboard or plastic) if u spray it on the car. I sprayed everything while it was on. No need to remove anything unless u just want to.