Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Main Discussion Area > Member Rides

Member Rides Each member can create their own thread and use it to display a time line of their rides mod progress throughout the years.

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:19 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 4814

Reputation Level: 9
Black07Maxi is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default My Story...Black07maxi

So this is my story...lots of pix!!
Click the image to open in full size.
Hope you enjoy.....
So around December after like a year of looking for the perfect Maxima i found this...2007 Black Maxima, leather interior, double moon roof, heated seats and steering wheel, back up sensors, and also free car washes for life!!!
I was so excited because i finally had my own Maxima
(although nothing is really YOURS when your married lol)
Click the image to open in full size. So on the first week i was driving on the highway and then this big dump trunk looking thing gets on the highway and is in front of me. Then out of no where...
So i get it fixed where no one notices but it kinda hurt
Afterwards i decided with all this v6 power i should buy...
Lol about a week after that....
it figures haha it was a cop on a motorcycle with a laser radar.
As time goes by i decide to order my 6th gen decal
Looks nice...
then i decide to plasti-dip the wheels...
Decided to add a NISMO decal to the rims...
Bought a mini maxima from Nick aka @Nismo4Life07
Put red LED's in the Dome's
Put a red wheel stripe on the rims...
Added red LED's by the feet and in the trunk...

Then the worst night ever.... Friday the 13th... July 13th i am driving home after getting pizza for my wife....somehow (i still dont remember to this day what happened) but witnesses say they saw me lose control, i fish tail, hit a curb, takeout a fire hydrant, jump in the air spinning, crash into a telephone pole...
Car gets totaled but no one is hurt....i walked away with a little cut on the back of my head and got 5 staples, i got a seatbelt bruise, and sprained my ankle but i was walking the same day..... so thankful it was not worse...

Now i'm on a mission to find another maxima...this time i will not be speeding in it no dumb driving... no racing ever...no anything!!!

I did order some plates that came in after the wreck... and now i'm just sitting waiting for my next dream Maxima to come... i still have all of my stuff ready!
NISMO license plate frame with custom license plate...
PA system for fun...
picture on the wall of my Max
Nismo shirt for me pink nissan shirt for the wife...
Nissan waterbottle for hot Texas summer!
Maxima key chain..
little socket/adapter thingy to hook up LED's by feet and in the trunk..
of course the mini max..
and most importantly........
Gotta keep the car smellin good
I'm still searching for another Maxima hoping to get one as soon as possible...maybe this weekend
As soon as i get a Maxima i will update with more pix... hope you enjoyed my story so far....
to be continued....

AS OF 7-28-2012
So i went to check out the black 08 Maxima and lets just say pictures can be misleading...
I was assisted by Nick @Nismo4Life07 and he drove about an hour just to help me out...30 mins there 30 mins home... Thanks Nick, you the man.
So we got there and the car was filthy on the outside, full of dents, scratches, and alot of obvious touch up paint. cup holder was broken and there was a baby seat in the backseat with vomit on it or die-a-ria lol nasty stuff...it drove good but was really bad outside...it looks good from far but horrible up close.

Not sure if you can tell on the pic but the exhaust were uneven and one was hanging lower than the other and it was just bad...so we go and talk to the salesman after ...we tell him our concerns and it came with no warranty. He said to take the car to MAACO and they will fix the paint problems and haha it was funny Nick said yeah and they'll also paint your exhaust and your windows!!! Then the salesman started to get frustrated because we were telling the truth and said we will never find another Maxima this good. And he kept messing with his phone and when we tried to ask him more questions about the car he refused to be nice and his phone rang...hahah it was a jesse mccartney ringtone that says i'm leaving something something about tell your boyfriend you got a new man. and then he just gets up and walks out and leaves us there...
but thats not it! As he's walking away from us he's like O the maxima? your calling about the Maxima? Yea i still have the Maxima. The black 2008 Maxima right? and we were like OMG what a Di#k!!!
So we left and so did the chance of getting that Maxima.
It was going to leave me feeling down but Nick helped me feel better...as we left he did a LOUD burnout right in front of his office!!! Haha Thats what he gets!
So now i'm still searching...i was able to come up with 610$ in 5 days! Woohoo! i Have a rental car for a month so hopefully i can save up more $.
Thanks Nick look forward to seeing you soon. Thanks @Maxine1 for your help as well. I wont give up!

UPDATED AS OF 7-31-2012!!!!

Soooo actually 7-30-2012 i went to Friendly Chevrolet to look at a new Maxi they had just got. They barely put it on the internet and hadn't even taken pix of the car. So i drove up there around 8 at night and looked at the outside....my wife and i both loved it!

So today i got approved went and signed the papers and stuff....i was able to come up with 1,100$ in a week! WooHOO!!!!
i need 400$ more dollars for the downpayment but they said they will give me 28 days to get that. Seems cool to me...

So today i was soooo ready to drive the max after work and we close everyday @ 630pm but today somehow was like super busy and i didn't leave until 745!!! I was so mad and anxious. All thru the day i would walk and look at the Max out the window.
Then go downstairs and move it to a closer parking space and keep and do the same thing all day lol
...then after work i went to the dealership and finished some stuff and ....plz dont judge me lol but i got pizza for dinner.
Kinda weird but my wife and i were both craving pizza. We got pizza and a movie and relaxed.
I will now update with any mods (most likely only cosmetic stuff) I'm on a tight little budget now..

I need a red my6thgen decal some plasti-dip and maybe a tinted license plate cover.
Hope to get the stuff soon!
Thanks for reading and i will update again real soon!

Updated as of 8-3-2012

So sorry for the wait..... but here go ur pix!!!
New stuff on this update:
*plasti-dipped wheels
*Nismo license plate frame
*red license plates
*added the radar detector inside the car (NOT RACING THO)
So today i took the maxi to a touchless car wash! Woohoo!
....it did a horrible job... haha i'm so use to hand washing, waxing polishing and all that good stuff...

So i'm still rockin the dealer tags like a boss but i decided to take a couple pix with the custom license plates.

I also bought some LED's for the license plate and i will post pix tonight when the sun goes down a little.
Bout to eat some hot wings with the wife

Will update more pix l8r!!!!

DFW check out my website for dipping rims and cars! http://wrapcitycardippz.webs.com/

Last edited by Black07Maxi; 08-03-2012 at 08:06 PM.
dallazcod (09-05-2013), Kontra-vers-E (08-01-2012), Latinmaxima (07-29-2012), Maximus350 (04-10-2013)
Black07Maxi is offline   Send a private message to Black07Maxi Find more posts by Black07Maxi Add Black07Maxi to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2012, 12:03 PM   Thread Starter #2

Default Re: My story...Black07maxi

I forgot to add....this is the Maxima i'm going to look at this weekend
2008 Nissan Maxima 4dr Sdn CVT 3.5 SE - Inventory | Complete Fleet | Auto dealership in Grand Prairie, Texas
So i origianlly wanted an 07 Elite Maxima but that didn't turn out so good so i'm hoping this is the right car!

DFW check out my website for dipping rims and cars! http://wrapcitycardippz.webs.com/
Black07Maxi is offline   Send a private message to Black07Maxi Find more posts by Black07Maxi Add Black07Maxi to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
Executive Member

Official Member #: 684

Reputation Level: 73
Thundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

/ Point Value: 10

Member of the Month (M.O.T.M)  

Most Valuable Poster (MVP)  

/ Point Value: 5

Default Re: My Story...Black07maxi

Great story, a little sad, but in the end our hero gets the girl and maybe a 2008 loaded black Max.

Originally quoted by SH@Y86
Every time I think of judge Judy I think of her sitting in a court room with a name plate that reads Thundershott
Kontra-vers-E (07-26-2012), mny5506 (07-31-2012)
Thundershott is offline   Send a private message to Thundershott Find more posts by Thundershott Add Thundershott to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
I Am Just A Man

Official Member #: 175

Reputation Level: 20
Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Looks very nice. Test drive it and get the ball rollin

Currently Own: 2004 Silver 6th Gen / 2009 White 7th Gen / 2011 Black 7th Gen

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
mny5506 (07-31-2012)
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2012, 12:28 PM   Thread Starter #5

Lol thanks, it's pretty fun having the girl and i hope i can get that ride as well. My mother-in-law told me that she doesnt think that Maxima is a good deal because it is at a smaller lot compared to a big dealership! Good reasoning or bad? The wifey's mom is pretty close to us and we visit alot so she tends to give me advice everytime she can, and i'm always open to suggestions and ideas so i usually listen.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
Executive Member

Official Member #: 684

Reputation Level: 73
Thundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the roughThundershott is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Big dealership or small independent lot, check out the car. Pay to have the car checked out by a mechanic of your choice (not the sellers mechanic). Money well spent.

Originally quoted by SH@Y86
Every time I think of judge Judy I think of her sitting in a court room with a name plate that reads Thundershott
Black07Maxi (07-26-2012), Kontra-vers-E (07-26-2012)
Thundershott is offline   Send a private message to Thundershott Find more posts by Thundershott Add Thundershott to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #7
Poetic Max

Official Member #: 2199

Reputation Level: 35
Kontra-vers-E will become famous soon enoughKontra-vers-E will become famous soon enough

Visit Kontra-vers-E's Facebook Visit Kontra-vers-E's PS3 Profile

Great story, now when does the movie come out? Yeah, it doesn't matter whether the car came from a big lot, small lot, or private seller. As long as it's a good car with no issues (like Thunder said, have it checked out), it's still a good regardless to who's selling it.

Greatness in the making...
Kontra-vers-E is offline   Send a private message to Kontra-vers-E Find more posts by Kontra-vers-E Add Kontra-vers-E to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2012, 04:48 PM   Thread Starter #8

Originally Posted by Kontra-vers-E View Post
Great story, now when does the movie come out? Yeah, it doesn't matter whether the car came from a big lot, small lot, or private seller. As long as it's a good car with no issues (like Thunder said, have it checked out), it's still a good regardless to who's selling it.
Haha i wonder if anyone ever made a movie all about them and their Maxima
I think i would watch a movie like that
Yeah i'll definately check the car fax and make sure it hasn't been wrecked flooded and all that bad stuff. Then take to my mechanic, i just hate that everytime i go to my mechanic he always tries to sell me a car. He's like my car i'm selling is good and cheaper. They are always like 03 accords and stuff. But hey a man has to make money so i don't blame him for asking!
I'll probably check after work but i think a car with like 54k should have some warranties on it right? i know the CVT warranty is still good but i cant remember if anything else is still in warranty... i would check right now but i have to to the restroom!!! Thanks for checking out the story... coming to a theatre near you!

Kontra-vers-E (07-26-2012)
Old 07-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #9
M Towns Finest

Official Member #: 5140

Reputation Level: 21
chris72983 will become famous soon enoughchris72983 will become famous soon enough

Good luck with the new ride, hope it works out for you after the tragedy of the other one.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
Official Member

Official Member #: 2220

Reputation Level: 25
myounz will become famous soon enoughmyounz will become famous soon enough

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Good story so far besides the end, keep us updated on the new whip.

Check Out My Build Thread
http://my6thgen.org/f13/myounz-07-maxima-16702/

Also check out my instagram @_myounz
myounz is offline   Send a private message to myounz Find more posts by myounz Add myounz to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-29-2012, 05:05 PM   Thread Starter #11

See page 1 for update as of 7-28-12.
Funny little story about my Saturday car shopping experience with the help of @Nismo4Life07

To be continued....

Old 07-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #12
Official Sweet Action 6.5gen

Official Member #: 117

Reputation Level: 66
Nismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Official Ride  

Supporting Family Member  

Honorable Ride  

Honorable Ride  

Visit Nismo4Life07's Facebook Visit Nismo4Life07's PS3 Profile Visit Nismo4Life07's YouTube

glad i could help!

that sales dude was just mad that hes not at a real dealership making any good money.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #13
Official Member

Official Member #: 2220

Reputation Level: 25
myounz will become famous soon enoughmyounz will become famous soon enough

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Why didn't you check out that white one to the right of the black one ? Looks pretty damn good.

Check Out My Build Thread
http://my6thgen.org/f13/myounz-07-maxima-16702/

Also check out my instagram @_myounz
myounz is offline   Send a private message to myounz Find more posts by myounz Add myounz to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #14
Official Sweet Action 6.5gen

Official Member #: 117

Reputation Level: 66
Nismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the roughNismo4Life07 is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:
Official Ride  

Supporting Family Member  

Honorable Ride  

Honorable Ride  

Visit Nismo4Life07's Facebook Visit Nismo4Life07's PS3 Profile Visit Nismo4Life07's YouTube

Originally Posted by myounz View Post
Why didn't you check out that white one to the right of the black one ? Looks pretty damn good.
myounz (07-29-2012)
Nismo4Life07 is offline   Send a private message to Nismo4Life07 Find more posts by Nismo4Life07 Add Nismo4Life07 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-31-2012, 12:19 PM   Thread Starter #15

DOES ANYONE WANT TO GUESS WHAT KIND OF CAR I GOT APPROVED FOR AND DROVE TO WORK TODAY!!!!????

:s hakeshout:

i will upload pix after work

Old 07-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #16
I Am Just A Man

Deadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the roughDeadbolt is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Black07Maxi View Post
DOES ANYONE WANT TO GUESS WHAT KIND OF CAR I GOT APPROVED FOR AND DROVE TO WORK TODAY!!!!????

:s hakeshout:

i will upload pix after work
A Prius?

Disclaimer: By being a member of my4th/5th/6th/7thgen.org, you acknowledge and agree that if no pics are posted within 24 hours of any installed modification, you can, and will, be automaticly BANNED for 48 hours.
Deadbolt is offline   Send a private message to Deadbolt Find more posts by Deadbolt Add Deadbolt to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-31-2012, 12:23 PM   Thread Starter #17

Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
A Prius?
NO!!!!

A BLACK 2007 MAXIMA!!!!!

Old 07-31-2012, 12:33 PM   #18
Senior Citizen Moderator
6th Gen Official Pops

Official Member #: 2184

Reputation Level: 69
07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice

Participation Level: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

My Awards:

Honorable Ride  

I was going to say a Yugo.

Originally Posted by dstruc View Post
Next week Omar is taking us walking through the projects. Alex is getting raped for sure.
Black07Maxi (07-31-2012)
07maximan is offline   Send a private message to 07maximan Find more posts by 07maximan Add 07maximan to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #19
I Am Just A Man

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-31-2012, 12:42 PM   #20
Senior Citizen Moderator
6th Gen Official Pops

07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice07maximan is just really nice

My Awards:

Honorable Ride  

Yeah this is good news..Im glad you were able to find some thing.

Next week Omar is taking us walking through the projects. Alex is getting raped for sure.
07maximan is offline   Send a private message to 07maximan Find more posts by 07maximan Add 07maximan to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-31-2012, 12:43 PM   Thread Starter #21

No to the Yugo! lol
Will update with pix in 8 hours!

07maximan (07-31-2012)
Old 07-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #22
Official Member

Official Member #: 1248

Reputation Level: 27
Staggered357 will become famous soon enoughStaggered357 will become famous soon enough

My Awards:
Honorable Ride  

Probably a GTR... Oops g37... I was dreaming out loud...
Veil Stealth Headlight Coating: Escort Passport 9500ci in rearview mirror: Stillen Intake, Lip, FSTB, Rear Sway: Roof Wing: Eibach Pro Kit: Vossen VVSCV1 20x9, 20x10.5:Stow-N-Go Hideaway License Plate:GT-R start: Carbon Fiber Eyelids
Staggered357 is offline   Send a private message to Staggered357 Find more posts by Staggered357 Add Staggered357 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-31-2012, 02:18 PM   #23
Senior Moderator

Official Member #: 140

Reputation Level: 51
Chemax has a spectacular aura aboutChemax has a spectacular aura about

My Awards:
Supporting Family Member  

Originally Posted by Black07Maxi View Post
No to the Yugo! lol
Will update with pix in 8 hours!
Clock. Is. Ticking.

mmm.... chorizo
-csiepka
Chemax is offline   Send a private message to Chemax Find more posts by Chemax Add Chemax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #24
Senior Citizen Moderator
6th Gen Official Pops

My Awards:

Honorable Ride  

Originally Posted by Chemax View Post
Clock. Is. Ticking.
Tick......tock.......tick.....tock......

Old 07-31-2012, 02:29 PM   Thread Starter #25

Originally Posted by Staggered357 View Post
Probably a GTR... Oops g37... I was dreaming out loud...
I pick the Black 07 Max over all of those...with that much power i would probably wreck on the way out the dealership if i had a gtr!

Plus i love this website too much to leave the 6thgens and go with a gtr...
BUT...... if anyone does have a gtr they want to trade for the max PM me

Dislikes: (1)
kobejunior (12-23-2012)