Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Main Discussion Area > Member Rides

Member Rides Each member can create their own thread and use it to display a time line of their rides mod progress throughout the years.

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:27 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 17097

Reputation Level: 0
shynepapin is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default MaxiShyne Build DD with Style

Hey Fam, here I go again. This is going to be a ways for tracking my progress with the Max. First up are brakes, as I always take safety very important. I entirely don't know where I might end up with this mod on the car but like it says it has to be a DD with Style.

I am also looking out for more advices on choice and cost effective mods. Since I don't have an entire list yet, I will be making sure to deliberate over it on here with those of you who care and are willing to share their vast amount of knowledge.

So here is what's coming, nothing done yet since getting the Max for a week now.

Safety:
Brakes - Stage 1 or 2 of the Ultimate Brake Guide (still thinking if buying a new OEM brake calipers or using the old one I got).

EBC Rotors or RotorPros Rotors

After that I have all this in my list and would pick them in no particular order.

Blacking Out Headlights
Blacking Out Chrome
Installing Rear Sway Bar
Insttaling Progress Springs
Installing FSTB (Ebay or Stillen, Racing Line)
Tints 25%

More as time goes on and as I build my knowledge and wallets back up, also will be asking a lot of Noobish questions and I hope guys don't get mad at me.

Thanks

Here's how the car looks now
Click the image to open in full size.

Need ideas for fabric cleaner for car interior and engine wash.

Last edited by shynepapin; 10-06-2015 at 03:32 AM. Reason: pics not viewable
shynepapin is offline   Send a private message to shynepapin Find more posts by shynepapin Add shynepapin to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2015, 07:53 AM   #2
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 6257

Reputation Level: 11
sprocketser is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: MaxiShyne Build DD with Style

Wow , nice Max mate !

Love these threads .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2015, 08:32 AM   #3

Official Member #: 16528

Reputation Level: 6
Zillafreak is an unknown quantity at this point

to wash engine, just some gunk, spray the engine with it, then pressure wash it clean. do this while engine is running.

for interior, use a carpet cleaner, worked great on cloth interiors.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:34 AM   Thread Starter #4

Originally Posted by Zillafreak View Post
to wash engine, just some gunk, spray the engine with it, then pressure wash it clean. do this while engine is running.

for interior, use a carpet cleaner, worked great on cloth interiors.
Will head to the stores after work, but kinda hold back with washing it, it's been raining in Michigan and when it doesn't we got a lot of dew drops. But will try and squeeze the engine wash in.
shynepapin is offline   Send a private message to shynepapin Find more posts by shynepapin Add shynepapin to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2015, 10:48 AM   #5

Originally Posted by shynepapin View Post
Will head to the stores after work, but kinda hold back with washing it, it's been raining in Michigan and when it doesn't we got a lot of dew drops. But will try and squeeze the engine wash in.
Just go get some quarters, go to a car wash and clean the engine. Might take $2 max to clean it. Make sure the car wash sprayer has the engine/tire cleaner option. It should be green and it cleans good. This is what I do to my vehicles about once a year. Usually in the spring. Also do it if I ever have to do any work under the hood. A speck of dirt can fuck up your engine when working on it.
Zillafreak is offline   Send a private message to Zillafreak Find more posts by Zillafreak Add Zillafreak to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-07-2015, 05:39 PM   #6
Reputable Member

Good trick Zilla , faster & easier .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-07-2015, 08:40 PM   #7

Official Member #: 17087

vonred is an unknown quantity at this point

to wash engine, just some gunk, spray the engine with it, then pressure wash it clean. do this while engine is running
so what are the parts needed to be covered? or no need to cover anything?
vonred is offline   Send a private message to vonred Find more posts by vonred Add vonred to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-07-2015, 08:40 PM   #8

Official Member #: 17087

vonred is an unknown quantity at this point

to wash engine, just some gunk, spray the engine with it, then pressure wash it clean. do this while engine is running
vonred is offline   Send a private message to vonred Find more posts by vonred Add vonred to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-07-2015, 08:52 PM   #9
Reputable Member

Try not to put too much water where the electricals are & the alternator if possible .
shynepapin (10-08-2015)
Old 10-08-2015, 06:48 PM   Thread Starter #10

Time for intake upgrade, I'm looking forward to ordering a system from Ebay.

Also, looking into this, EddyMax words of advice: For about $300 or less, RotorPros can sell you 4 rotors, SS Lines, and Hawk Pads. But I didn’t like the Hawk Pads offered or their brake lines. I went with Goodridge SS Lines offered from stillen. Contact Rotorpros@yahoo.com for sales.

I want to go ahead and contact them, but any idea what material and quality is the SS lines they bundle up with this deal. I don't know if there's an order group in place, I might be interested in getting on it.

Last edited by shynepapin; 10-08-2015 at 06:57 PM. Reason: None
Old 10-08-2015, 06:50 PM   Thread Starter #11

So any reason I shouldn't buy any of this ebay cold air intake system? What do you guys think about the product?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-02-06-AL...b48250&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PERFORMANCE-...b3ffab&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-2006-Fi...6c4cc7&vxp=mtr

Remeber Org, I'm not modding for a meet or street/track race or time attack. Just looking for some minor gains.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:14 PM   #12
Reputable Member

Goodridge SS Brake lines are real good , Don t know what company supplies Rotopros as for the SS lines .

As for the CAI , anyone of those can make the job , it s more the air filter that s doing the difference , AEM s making some good ones .
shynepapin (03-24-2016)
Old 10-08-2015, 09:52 PM   #13

Originally Posted by vonred View Post
Any open air filter.
Just don't spray directly onto the alt or electrical connections. Have car running so you can make sure it doesn't die from the water.
I have cleaned my 6th gen and 4th gen maxipad this way. Also my f250 and sentra and passat. Some had open filter some didnt. Never had an issue. My dad has cleaned many vehicles this way too. All before working on an engine. No one likes to work on a dirty motor.
Zillafreak is offline   Send a private message to Zillafreak Find more posts by Zillafreak Add Zillafreak to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-08-2015, 11:55 PM   Thread Starter #14

So any reason I shouldn't buy any of this ebay cold air intake system? What do you guys think about the product?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-02-06-AL...b48250&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PERFORMANCE-...b3ffab&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-2006-Fi...6c4cc7&vxp=mtr

Remeber Org, I'm not modding for a meet or street/track race or time attack. Just looking for some minor gains.
All of 'em just say 04 - 06, I'm kinda sure they'll fit but just need some assurance.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:53 PM   Thread Starter #15

Got updates coming soon, brakes, intake and probably exhaust if I get quick advice. So, let's cut to the chase, since winter is now gone, though we still expecting snow on Wednesday and Thursday, but who knows. I finally got around to get this parts but waiting for a good time to get to installing.

EBC sports slotted rotors: front and back
EBC brakes: red stuff
Tein S-tech SS springs
K&N 57-6015 Intake used

During the winter, I also got rear ended, but the driver did a good job not to take out the whole back of the Max, he only got the right side, bumper has some crack, not so penetrating and some scruff marks. Exhaust was damage, muffler tips bent, auto shop said it will cost me almost $400 to replace muffler and tailpipe and exhaust clamp to get the exhaust back up.

I would rather get Ebay exhaust full set-up, so which one would be recommended out of the listed:

Dual 4" Rolled Muffler Tip Stainless Racing Catback Exhaust for 04 08 Maxima V6 | eBay

For 04 08 Nissan Maxima V6 4"Rolled Tip Dual Muffler Stainless Catback Exhaust | eBay

4"DUAL MUFFLER ROLL TIP STAINLESS CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM FOR 04-08 MAXIMA V6 3.5

Hoping I can be led in the right way.

Last edited by shynepapin; 03-21-2016 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:26 PM   Thread Starter #16

Forgot to mention, I also got the Manzo FSTB and was about to order this tonight

KYB 4 Struts Shocks Fits Nissan Maxima 2004 05 06 to 2008 334336 334337 344450 | eBay

currently reading about it's fitment and handling with when combined with the Tein S-tech springs.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:51 PM   #17

Official Member #: 17611

Ghostrider08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Time for intake upgrade, I'm looking forward to ordering a system from Ebay.

Also, looking into this, EddyMax words of advice: For about $300 or less, RotorPros can sell you 4 rotors, SS Lines, and Hawk Pads. But I didn’t like the Hawk Pads offered or their brake lines. I went with Goodridge SS Lines offered from stillen. Contact Rotorpros@yahoo.com for sales.

I want to go ahead and contact them, but any idea what material and quality is the SS lines they bundle up with this deal. I don't know if there's an order group in place, I might be interested in getting on it.
I cut the OEM airbox out right before the sensor and put a pod filter on it, works well and sounds awesome.
Ghostrider08 is offline   Send a private message to Ghostrider08 Find more posts by Ghostrider08 Add Ghostrider08 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-24-2016, 01:37 PM   #18

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube

Looking good man!

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
shynepapin (03-24-2016)
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 03-24-2016, 06:56 PM   Thread Starter #19

Originally Posted by EddyMaxx View Post
Looking good man!
Thx, I have recently been having the P0302 and P0306 codes and remember you had the same troubles with the same code P0303, so I have gained some knowledge from you, and I know I have to change the ignition coil pack, which I figured after reading the codes.

So I'm just waiting to get the plugs and engine oil and filter, do some servicing. Only have put 3k miles on it and the codes and SES came up after a trip to Detroit and at some point car wouldn't stay on if started.

Any idea what else could cause the car to shut itself down, this happens when I drove it, put it off and wanted to get back on the road, if started when warm it shut itself down, but starts if I wait for a while till it cools down.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:15 AM   Thread Starter #20

Installed K&N instake and Manzo FSTB, will post pic later, also does anyone know if Hawaii50 still does the grounding kits?