Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Main Discussion Area > 04-08 General Discussion

04-08 General Discussion Discussion of new mods, advice, new ideas and new products for 2004-2008 6thgens.

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:54 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 18755

Reputation Level: 0
shah is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default N00Bie here help help

hey everyone!
bought an 04 maxima at an auction a month ago and that was a bad decision because i knew very little about how auctions worked. they didnt let me check much into it and i wasn't smart enough to check carfax for mileage and history. paid $1200 thought i got a great deal. Started up with a jumpstart and the new key that was made.

Now comes the nightmares, check engine light and another and another one and another one so I am here at your mercy hoping to find some answers and help. would really appreciate it in deciding if i am going to junk it and take the loss or if i can do what i can to have a car to get around. I don't have too much to spare so when i was told $1500 for an engine swap i quietly left the shop

hoping someone can help me out

in my intro i explained how i got the car, it is an 04 maxima 5 speed auto w 210k miles on it and many codes that i have been trying to get rid of.

The road so far...
i have put on
new cam sensors both, new crank sensor in the bottom, 2 new solenoids, new spark plugs, new ignition coils, pcv valve, oil change obviously.

ill attach the pic of codes that are still coming on and well they never went away, i dont have the money for a new engine or another car so i want to know if i can use a "kit" to open the case and change up components and fix all this or am i lost soul and all this will lead to no good.

I have ordered the neutral safety switch to replace, getting new brake pads and rotors, then some wheel studs will be replaced that were broken

I can post videos and stuff if that would help give any insight as well, any help again would mean the world as i feel like this might have been the worst financial mistake for me so far https://imgur.com/a/Rh6Iuap
shah is offline   Send a private message to shah Find more posts by shah Add shah to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2018, 02:00 AM   Thread Starter #2
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 18755

Reputation Level: 0
shah is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: N00Bie here help help

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Timing-Chai...6416%7Ciid%3A1

that kind of thing seems promising before i call up the junkyards after all the money i've poured in this, might be worth to do this final thing if itll save this car? or am i completely insane
shah is offline   Send a private message to shah Find more posts by shah Add shah to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top