Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Main Discussion Area > 04-08 General Discussion

04-08 General Discussion Discussion of new mods, advice, new ideas and new products for 2004-2008 6thgens.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:54 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 18755

Reputation Level: 0
shah is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default N00Bie here help help

hey everyone!
bought an 04 maxima at an auction a month ago and that was a bad decision because i knew very little about how auctions worked. they didnt let me check much into it and i wasn't smart enough to check carfax for mileage and history. paid $1200 thought i got a great deal. Started up with a jumpstart and the new key that was made.

Now comes the nightmares, check engine light and another and another one and another one so I am here at your mercy hoping to find some answers and help. would really appreciate it in deciding if i am going to junk it and take the loss or if i can do what i can to have a car to get around. I don't have too much to spare so when i was told $1500 for an engine swap i quietly left the shop

hoping someone can help me out

in my intro i explained how i got the car, it is an 04 maxima 5 speed auto w 210k miles on it and many codes that i have been trying to get rid of.

The road so far...
i have put on
new cam sensors both, new crank sensor in the bottom, 2 new solenoids, new spark plugs, new ignition coils, pcv valve, oil change obviously.

ill attach the pic of codes that are still coming on and well they never went away, i dont have the money for a new engine or another car so i want to know if i can use a "kit" to open the case and change up components and fix all this or am i lost soul and all this will lead to no good.

I have ordered the neutral safety switch to replace, getting new brake pads and rotors, then some wheel studs will be replaced that were broken

I can post videos and stuff if that would help give any insight as well, any help again would mean the world as i feel like this might have been the worst financial mistake for me so far https://imgur.com/a/Rh6Iuap
shah is offline   Send a private message to shah Find more posts by shah Add shah to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2018, 02:00 AM   Thread Starter #2
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 18755

Reputation Level: 0
shah is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: N00Bie here help help

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Timing-Chai...6416%7Ciid%3A1

that kind of thing seems promising before i call up the junkyards after all the money i've poured in this, might be worth to do this final thing if itll save this car? or am i completely insane
shah is offline   Send a private message to shah Find more posts by shah Add shah to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top