Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Main Discussion Area > 04-08 General Discussion

04-08 General Discussion Discussion of new mods, advice, new ideas and new products for 2004-2008 6thgens.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:59 PM   Thread Starter #1
Official Member
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 16267

Reputation Level: 4
harvey is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default How to diagnose which ABS Sensor is faulty

Hi, I have been having problems with my '07 SV going into limp mode every time it runs. It was so bad that I thought it was a transmission problem. A transmission shop even confirmed that the transmission was shot and quoted me $800 just to diagnose it! The car wouldn't drive more than 35mph. I didn't get any OBD codes either.

I recently found a post that said that these symptoms could be caused due to a faulty ABS sensor I then pulled my ABS fuse, and instantly the issue disappeared! Car now shifts and accelerates like it used to.

Now, I need to figure out which one of the ABS sensors are bad. I am just curious about what the procedure would be.

Thanks!
harvey is offline   Send a private message to harvey Find more posts by harvey Add harvey to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top

Tags
abs, transmission

Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Main Discussion Area > 04-08 General Discussion