Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Main Discussion Area > 04-08 General Discussion

04-08 General Discussion Discussion of new mods, advice, new ideas and new products for 2004-2008 6thgens.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:23 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 18797

Reputation Level: 0
reyesslc is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
Default 2004 Radio Wiring Harness Help Needed (No Bose)

I'm trying to replace the head unit. I've used a Metra and a Scosche harness adapter and no sound. I noticed that some of the wires had no connection once the harness was plugged into the OEM harness with both of the adapters.

I've looked and found various wiring diagrams to just hard wire it directly. I'm not getting any sound following the wiring diagram I found on a previous thread.

2004 nissan max radio wiring diagram

My vehicle is an 2004 Maxima SE-L with no Bose System. Can anyone help me with the correct wiring diagram or am I simply doing something wrong that I am not getting any sound whatsoever?

Thank you in advance!!
reyesslc is offline   Send a private message to reyesslc Find more posts by reyesslc Add reyesslc to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old Today, 07:48 PM   #2
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 17587

Reputation Level: 0
MrSlaybury is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Default Re: 2004 Radio Wiring Harness Help Needed (No Bose)

Hi! I don’t have a ton of help to offer, but in my 05 w/Bose I followed the AV manual found on carmanuals2.com. They will have all the trims together, so you just want to find the “base system” I think it’s called.

The manual helped me find the best wires to tap a LOC into. This is for your car:

https://carmanuals2.com/get/nissan-m...ction-av-48139

Posted Via Tapatalk
MrSlaybury is online now   Send a private message to MrSlaybury Find more posts by MrSlaybury Add MrSlaybury to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top