Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 06-05-2016, 10:52 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 15806

Reputation Level: 0
cyrax is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Power steering belt change [finished]

Follow up to:
[Rant] Hate the power steering belt change

I had posted about the impossible task of loosening up the Power Steering pump bolt that's located behind the pump. To break the bolt loose required a tool and he required a tool.
This required:
1. Jacking the car up waaaay high
2. Cursing on both our parts
3. PB Blaster (not sure if this helped but why not?)
4. Some weird contortions
5. More cursing
6. Finally a good whack from Mjolnir. The breaker bar on the wrench did the rest

My honest opinion after seeing Asian Thor is that his is best left to a mechanic. None of the power tools fit in there and the bolt is hard to break loose.

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/MlhII
cyrax is offline   Send a private message to cyrax Find more posts by cyrax Add cyrax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2016, 12:02 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 15981

Reputation Level: 5
Travieso is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Power steering belt change [finished]

Yea i just changed my alternator and took a peek at the power steering side. Doesn't look fun especially without a hoist. Luckily i have one i can use, so i will tackle both belts and idler next time. Cursing is part of the job ...LOL
Travieso is offline   Send a private message to Travieso Find more posts by Travieso Add Travieso to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2016, 08:10 PM   Thread Starter #3

Official Member #: 15806

Reputation Level: 0
cyrax is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Power steering belt change [finished]

A hoist. A HOIST! Man that makes the job a lot easier. I didn't take any pictures of how high we raised the car but that was one of the key aspects. Hope you take some pictures. A lot of folks will appreciate the help.
Travieso (06-13-2016)
cyrax is offline   Send a private message to cyrax Find more posts by cyrax Add cyrax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top

Tags
power steering belt

Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning