Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:39 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 14553

Reputation Level: 0
silly_buttons13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Newbie Can't Find Starter

I'm trying to get my starter off so I can get it tested, because my car won't crank up. It doesn't make a clicking sound, nor does the engine make any type of sound as if it were trying to start up.

When it happened I called a friend of mine not too far from where I broke down to give me a jump. When that didn't work we were going to swap out his battery into my car to start me up when we decided to test my battery. My battery came back bad so I got a brand new one and put it in. The car STILL didn't start. That's when I figured it was probably the starter, since it wasn't even clicking or anything.

No, I haven't taken it to the Stealership to look at since they want $160 just to look at it and tell me what's wrong, and about $600 to put in a new starter, if that's the problem.

Anyways, my questions:

1.) Is the starter located on the bottom of the car?
2.) Is there a cover covering the starter held on by two 10mm bolts?
3.) If so, how in the WORLD do i get them off? I can only get the one closest to the driver wheel off.
4.) Should I remove the grey bracket (that's not connected to the cover but looks to be right above the exhaust pipe) to get to the second screw?
5.) Which way does it actually come off the engine? Pull out towards driver side, or pull out towards passenger side?

I've been at this for a while, and it started because I was considering taking my car to a friend's mechanic to get my motor mounts replaced, which I guess it another thread for another day until I can at least get my car running.

Yes, I had had my CEL on for a little while, and yes, I know I should take care of things as soon as possible, but with the money being a factor, and Florida weather being unreliable, that's not always possible.

Any assistance or pictures would be greatly appreciated as I've only found pictures and videos for older models, but my engine compartment does not look the same as those, nor does it appear to be in the same place.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by silly_buttons13; 12-03-2013 at 07:40 PM. Reason: title case
silly_buttons13 is offline   Send a private message to silly_buttons13 Find more posts by silly_buttons13 Add silly_buttons13 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top

Tags
engine, ignition starter, pictures, starter

Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning