Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 09-24-2010, 03:28 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 1

Reputation Level: 20
EddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to beholdEddyMaxx is a splendid one to behold

Participation Level: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Visit EddyMaxx's Facebook Visit EddyMaxx's PS3 Profile Visit EddyMaxx's YouTube
Default How to Install NWP VIAS Blockoff Plate

Click the image to open in full size.

Source Credit: NWP Engineering

Note:
This block plate is designed to be installed with the OEM VIAS gasket. But, RTV silicone sealant can be used instead of the gasket.

Tools/Materials Needed:
Basic Metric Socket set, Basic Metric Open-Ended Wrench set, Metric Allen Wrench set, Pliers, Torque Wrench, Permatex Ultra Black RTV Silicone Gasket Maker (598B) or equivalent (optional)

Estimated Labor Time: Less than 30 minutes

1) Remove the engine cover by removing the 4 socket head cap bolts. Use a 5mm allen wrench for this.

2) Remove the wiring bundle bracket bolt using a 10mm socket.

3) Remove another wiring bundle bracket bolt.

4) Now that you have the bundle of wires free, carefully move them away from the VIAS actuator in order to have enough room to remove the stock VIAS assembly.

5) Remove the VIAS Actuator vacuum hose from the VIAS Solenoid and install the black vacuum cap on the solenoid orifice shown.

Note: The vacuum cap should be a tight fit so you may have to moisten it. Also, make sure you slide the vacuum cap as far as it will go onto the solenoid orifice.

6) With a 12mm socket and/or open-ended wrench, remove the 3 bolts holding the VIAS assembly to the intake manifold.

7) Remove the VIAS assembly from the intake manifold by partially closing the butterfly valve. This will allow it to slide straight out.

Note: Make sure the VIAS gasket and black gasket strip comes out along with the VIAS assembly.

8) Install the NWP Engineering VIAS Block Plate along with the stock gasket.

Note: It is ok to reuse the stock VIAS gasket to seal the block plate as las the gasket is in good condition. If you feel the OEM gasket is in poor condition or you don’t have an OEM gasket, you can use Black RTV Silicone Gasket Maker without using a VIAS gasket.

9) Use the 3 zinc plated bolts that came in your kit. Carefully thread the bolts into place while holding the block plate steady.

Note: These bolts are shorter and will provide a cleaner, nicer looking install.

10) Torque the VIAS bolts in numerical order to 13 - 15 ft-lb.

11) Now secure the two wiring bundle brackets and install the engine cover and you’re done!

6thgen 2014 Build Thread
EddyMaxx is offline   Send a private message to EddyMaxx Find more posts by EddyMaxx Add EddyMaxx to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top