Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:43 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 2949

Reputation Level: 9
MikesMax is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Changing And Upgrading Hi Perfomance Spark Plugs

Hi guys,

A buddy of mine has a big beast of an escalade truck... Around 60k miles. He notice his acceleration was laggy and his gas mileage complete shit.

He told me a brand named E3 high performance spark plugs were installed in his car and and he noticed a HUGE difference in attentiveness in the accelerator and his gas mileage vastly improved.

Two things:
A) How hard is it and how do I change the spark plugs on a 6.5 gen Max.
B) he mentioned this "triangular" spark design method which sparks early and actually improves efficiency. Is any of this true?
MikesMax is offline   Send a private message to MikesMax Find more posts by MikesMax Add MikesMax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2013, 06:04 PM   Thread Starter #2

Official Member #: 2949

Reputation Level: 9
MikesMax is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Changing And Upgrading Hi Perfomance Spark Plugs

Bueller? Anyone?
MikesMax is offline   Send a private message to MikesMax Find more posts by MikesMax Add MikesMax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
Flipadelphia

Official Member #: 662

Reputation Level: 55
06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:

/ Point Value: 5

Visit 06BlckMax's PS3 Profile

How to Replace and Install New Spark Plugs

------See How It Was Built------
06BlckMax is offline   Send a private message to 06BlckMax Find more posts by 06BlckMax Add 06BlckMax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
Official Member

Official Member #: 220

Reputation Level: 10
Jingiko is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Answer to B) is that I doubt the Triangle design gives any improvement over the standard designs. Since some come with a single bridge and others have 4.

As for the early spark we're talking nanoseconds here since it constantly sparks. Sounds like a gimmick.
Also if you were to put these into a corolla etc with low RPM it'll do more damage than good.
Maximas suggest higher octane fuel for performance.

Higher octane does NOT only mean cleaner fuel. Higher octane means higher rate of detonation.
Thats why we get engine knocks and sluggish performance when we use 87octane, and race cars user 100-117 octane for a higher rate of combustion.

Remember for performance its not about how big the spark is but rather more importantly how big the combustion is as well as how many times you can make it combust.

Hope this answers your question.
Jingiko is offline   Send a private message to Jingiko Find more posts by Jingiko Add Jingiko to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #5
Official Member

Official Member #: 220

Reputation Level: 10
Jingiko is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Answer to B) is that I doubt the Triangle design gives any improvement over the standard designs. Since some come with a single bridge and others have 4.

As for the early spark we're talking nanoseconds here since it constantly sparks. Sounds like a gimmick.
Also if you were to put these into a corolla etc with low RPM it'll do more damage than good.
Maximas suggest higher octane fuel for performance.

Higher octane does NOT only mean cleaner fuel. Higher octane means higher rate of detonation.
Thats why we get engine knocks and sluggish performance when we use 87octane, and race cars user 100-117 octane for a higher rate of combustion.

Remember for performance its not about how big the spark is but rather more importantly how big the combustion is as well as how many times you can make it combust.

Hope this answers your question.
Jingiko is offline   Send a private message to Jingiko Find more posts by Jingiko Add Jingiko to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top