Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Engine, Trans, F/I & Tuning

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 05-08-2016, 08:32 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 15806

Reputation Level: 0
cyrax is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default [Rant] Hate the power steering belt change

I got D'ed. I went in to change my power steering belt and for the life of me could not get any leverage to loosen the 'D' bolt (the one on the back of the power steering pump. Used mirrors and shit to first figure out where it was. Then got a wrench to stick there but had zero leverage. I also tried going under the car but that was nerve racking.

Anyway, I put everything back together and wanted to rant. I know many a folks on this forum have posted how to change the belt and I thank the guides for helping me figure out when to give up.

Two of the three major jobs I've done on my Maxima (A/C belt, Spark plugs, and PS belt) made me feel that this design was inspired by Audi. I am looking at the engineers at Nissan and I ask - why? Oh why?

Anyway, thanks for reading.
cyrax is offline   Send a private message to cyrax Find more posts by cyrax Add cyrax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 05-10-2016, 11:36 AM   #2
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 17534

Reputation Level: 0
Rocinante is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Re: [Rant] Hate the power steering belt change

I hear ya. Working on my Maxima makes me miss my 02 3.5 Aurora. The spark plugs, valve covers, and thermostat were a dream to complete compared to my Nissan.

Consider it the price you pay to drive the Four Door Sports Car !!!
Rocinante is offline   Send a private message to Rocinante Find more posts by Rocinante Add Rocinante to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top