Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 08-23-2015, 12:53 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 7370

Reputation Level: 7
AnsonJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default TSB NTB07-016b...ABS issues

ABS issues, from what I am seeing is that doing the above and changing out the wheel hub/ cleaning or replacing the ABS sensor will solve my woes..(abs intermittently kicking in on dry pavement, no codes or dash lights)

Gonna tackle this next week, and for the life of me I cannot find the part number or any reference of where to buy the plastic hub cap that goes in the knuckle. is this a dealer only part?

Anyone have a part number and price?

Thanks in advance,

Anson
Old 08-23-2015, 10:37 AM   #2
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 6257

Reputation Level: 11
sprocketser is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: TSB NTB07-016b...ABS issues

I would check on with Courtesy Nissan Parts online , they pretty much almost have everything ones want .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
AnsonJ (08-23-2015)
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2015, 10:09 PM   Thread Starter #3

cool, thanks Sprocketster. They *did* have the part, looks like it is temporarily out of stock, but the price isn't too bad

http://www.courtesyparts.com/maxima-...2754_2757.html
p/n 43234 for the RH rear and p/n 43234+A for the LH rear.

Anson
Old 08-24-2015, 06:12 AM   #4
Reputable Member

I would give them a call in order to know what s the eta for that part , it might help you in here .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
AnsonJ (08-24-2015)
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-27-2015, 02:34 PM   Thread Starter #5

I was able to order them through my local dealership for 26.07. should be delivered tomorrow.

I snagged both rear sensors from the junkyard on Monday. I also grabbed teh ABS actuator pump too, since someone was so kind as to pull the entire engine/ transaxle front end out for me right now I don't think mine is bad, but 59 bucks beats 1300 if I do need to go down that road...

And that Maxima in the yard... shame. it was hit in the front, blew the airbags including the passenger curtain airbag. the car otherwise was immaculate. well taken care of, and the one remaining tire/ wheel that was destroyed in the crash looked brand new, and good quality. plus it had all new brakes...I feel for the owner, but am thankful that I got there before it was completely picked clean. I even got the embroidered Maxima trunk mat for 7 bucks (good man cave rug)

AJ
AnsonJ is offline   Send a private message to AnsonJ Find more posts by AnsonJ Add AnsonJ to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-27-2015, 03:38 PM   #6
Reputable Member

Can t beat that price for shure mate .
AnsonJ (08-27-2015)
Old 08-28-2015, 12:53 AM   #7

Official Member #: 6274

Reputation Level: 8
O.G.Nat-tral is an unknown quantity at this point

Visit O.G.Nat-tral's PS3 Profile Visit O.G.Nat-tral's Twitter Visit O.G.Nat-tral's YouTube

Just in case you thought about tackling this job yourself..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biib5NulzCQ

Abused VQ
sprocketser (08-28-2015)
O.G.Nat-tral is offline   Send a private message to O.G.Nat-tral Find more posts by O.G.Nat-tral Add O.G.Nat-tral to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-28-2015, 01:46 AM   Thread Starter #8

Originally Posted by O.G.Nat-tral View Post

Yup. Got that link bookmarked, excellent info in there. I am hoping that I won't have to deal with that. The nice thing about the donor car was that the entire front end was gone and the engine and tranny included. I was able to walk right between the fenders and grab it. All of the mounting bolts and the white keeper clips that held the brake lines to the firewall were right out there in the open. Should a got some pics... having seen those first I understood your video better when you pointed them out. I also grabbed the wire harness plug and 10 inches of wire too.

Here's to hoping that I won't need to change it out now that I got it!

Anson

Posted Via Tapatalk
AnsonJ is offline   Send a private message to AnsonJ Find more posts by AnsonJ Add AnsonJ to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-28-2015, 07:32 AM   #9

Official Member #: 6274

Reputation Level: 8
O.G.Nat-tral is an unknown quantity at this point

Visit O.G.Nat-tral's PS3 Profile Visit O.G.Nat-tral's Twitter Visit O.G.Nat-tral's YouTube

Originally Posted by AnsonJ View Post
Yup. Got that link bookmarked, excellent info in there. I am hoping that I won't have to deal with that. The nice thing about the donor car was that the entire front end was gone and the engine and tranny included. I was able to walk right between the fenders and grab it. All of the mounting bolts and the white keeper clips that held the brake lines to the firewall were right out there in the open. Should a got some pics... having seen those first I understood your video better when you pointed them out. I also grabbed the wire harness plug and 10 inches of wire too.

Here's to hoping that I won't need to change it out now that I got it!

Anson

Posted Via Tapatalk

Best of luck to you bruh..

Abused VQ
AnsonJ (08-28-2015)
O.G.Nat-tral is offline   Send a private message to O.G.Nat-tral Find more posts by O.G.Nat-tral Add O.G.Nat-tral to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 08-28-2015, 07:34 AM   #10
Reputable Member

Originally Posted by O.G.Nat-tral View Post

Bookmarked .
Old 09-05-2015, 11:56 PM   Thread Starter #11

Update:

I tore into the Maxima today. replaced the passenger side rear wheel bearing, it was shot. the amount of rust particles that was in the knuckle and in the locator hole that was mentioned in the TSB was amazing. had to dig it out with a screwdriver.

The plastic hub cap was deformed as well. Got a new one at the local Nissan dealer, only 13 bucks. After replacing the hub/ bearing assembly and cleaning out the knuckle, everything worked great! no issues with the ABS anymore, did not need to replace the sensor either.

Car runs great now, and is much much quieter. i originally thought the noise was the tires, but it was the wheel bearing.

One sad note to all of this, I ended up breaking the bolt that holds the parking cable to the knuckle... need to remove that and put a new bolt in... *sigh*

Thanks for all of the replies and suggestions!

I will post some pics later...

Anson
Old 09-06-2015, 06:45 AM   #12
Reputable Member

Did you put any dielectric grease on connectors ! It helps to keep condensation out .

Glad that you got it fixed .
Old 09-06-2015, 09:41 AM   Thread Starter #13

I did not even have to unhook any connectors.. all I had to do was unbolt the sensor to clean the tip.

But I did have the grease handy just in case

Anson

Posted Via Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2015, 12:37 PM   #14
Reputable Member

Yep , it would be on the safer side .
Old 03-10-2016, 06:09 AM   #15

Official Member #: 613

Reputation Level: 0
Jatan is an unknown quantity at this point

I know I'm bumping up an old thread, but how do you guys remove the rotor dust shield ("baffle plate" according to TSB NTB07-016b)? Anything to watch out for when removing it?

Took off the caliper/pads/rotor on one rear wheel and removed the old hub assembly. Cleaned up the ABS sensor and most of the rust buildup around the plastic cap & drain hole. It was getting late and about to rain so I installed a new hub assembly and put everything back together

Want to go back in there to replace the plastic cap and properly clean the knuckle as shown in the TSB so I'll need to remove the metal dust shield for that -- after that I can tackle the other side
Old 03-10-2016, 08:46 AM   Thread Starter #16

If I remember correctly the baffle plate slides off after you remove all of the brakes and hub assembly

AJ

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 while sitting in my underwear
Old 04-19-2016, 06:06 PM   #17

Official Member #: 613

Reputation Level: 0
Jatan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AnsonJ View Post
If I remember correctly the baffle plate slides off after you remove all of the brakes and hub assembly

AJ

Thanks for the info -- forgot to update the thread

Took off the 3 nuts/bolts near the brake cable and hit the baffle plate with a hammer a few times to loosen it up

Was able to remove the old plastic cap, clean up the knuckle & drain hole, install a new plastic cap and reinstall everything with a new hub assembly. Did the other side after that and now my ABS problem is finally fixed

43234-ZK30A Plastic cap (pass)
43235-ZK30A Plastic cap (driver)

Went with Moog 512292 rear hubs from Advance Auto (used online coupon & picked up from local store) -- didn't want to bother with cheaper store brand or eBay

Moog seems to have 2 suppliers (not sure if they're using both or if they're switching from one supplier to another) -- one is made in Korea (light gray housing with silver wheel studs) and another that's made in China (dark gray housing with black wheel studs)

First hub I bought and installed was made in Korea -- when I bought the 2nd hub it was made in China so I drove to 2 other stores until I found another Korean one
Old 04-19-2016, 09:39 PM   Thread Starter #18

Yep, percussive maintenance is quite effective. I used a Timken hub from Rockauto. Timken makes good bearings, my 1997 Ford Ranger had oem wheel bearings made by timken, and they have 177k on them.

Paid about 85 bucks for my hub.

AJ

Tags
abs, nissanfail, tsb

Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Suspension, Handling & Brakes