Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:07 PM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 17932

Reputation Level: 0
Dave Scott is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Suspension upgrade options

Well the time has come to replace the strut/shock/spring assemblies on all four corners of my fixer upper. i figure if i have to replace the OE anyway, it might be a good idea to go ahead and spend the extra money on an upgrade. does anyone have any recommendations, as far as what direction to go for improved handling and a potentially more aggressive stance. this will be the first time i have ever upgraded a suspension and i don't know where to begin.
Dave Scott is offline   Send a private message to Dave Scott Find more posts by Dave Scott Add Dave Scott to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-25-2016, 01:27 PM   #2
Official Member

Official Member #: 2874

Reputation Level: 8
trilla_one is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Suspension upgrade options

I upgraded to KYB quick struts up front and KYB shocks/original springs in rear back in March. Pros: New car handling and acceleration(I should add that I also did a tune up at the same time). Very sporty feeling. Cons: Increased wheel well gap up front. Strongly considering aftermarket springs to kill the extra gap.(Probably not as noticeable to non enthusiasts)

If you want to upgrade and be aggressive as well your best bet is to go with coilovers. BC extreme and Ksports are what most members here opt for and the most popular.

"Every generation has to take its place in battling in the struggle for equality"

-Dr. Harry Thomas

Last edited by trilla_one; 12-25-2016 at 01:29 PM.
trilla_one is offline   Send a private message to trilla_one Find more posts by trilla_one Add trilla_one to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-25-2016, 02:42 PM   #3
Flipadelphia

Official Member #: 662

Reputation Level: 55
06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough06BlckMax is a jewel in the rough

My Awards:

/ Point Value: 5

Visit 06BlckMax's PS3 Profile

Progress Springs

BC Coilovers

------See How It Was Built------
06BlckMax is offline   Send a private message to 06BlckMax Find more posts by 06BlckMax Add 06BlckMax to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-25-2016, 03:22 PM   #4
Official Member

Official Member #: 2874

trilla_one is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 06BlckMax View Post
PM'd

"Every generation has to take its place in battling in the struggle for equality"

-Dr. Harry Thomas
trilla_one is offline   Send a private message to trilla_one Find more posts by trilla_one Add trilla_one to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 12-25-2016, 06:11 PM   #5

Official Member #: 14651

Reputation Level: 7
Dannyky2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Visit Dannyky2's PS3 Profile

I also just changed to KYB Excel-G shocks and struts. I also installed Tein S-Tech lowering springs. Love the way the car looks and handles now.
Dannyky2 is offline   Send a private message to Dannyky2 Find more posts by Dannyky2 Add Dannyky2 to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 01-03-2017, 07:42 PM   #6

Official Member #: 6274

O.G.Nat-tral is an unknown quantity at this point

Visit O.G.Nat-tral's PS3 Profile Visit O.G.Nat-tral's Twitter Visit O.G.Nat-tral's YouTube

I have the 6th Gen Maxima Stage 3 Suspension upgrade.. Tein Basis Coilovers, Progress rear sway bar, Racingline Front & Rear Fully adjustable end-links and the adjustable Ichiba Rear Camber kit.

Abused VQ
O.G.Nat-tral is offline   Send a private message to O.G.Nat-tral Find more posts by O.G.Nat-tral Add O.G.Nat-tral to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top