Register My Garage Arcade V.I.P Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   my6thgen.org - Maxima Forum > my6thgen.org - Very Useful Information > How To's & DIY Mods > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

ExclamationThis thread is more than 150+ days old. If you still feel it is necessary to bump this thread, you have the permission to do so. Please click the checkbox below and post your reply.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:03 AM   Thread Starter #1
my6thgen.org Profile Info.

Official Member #: 16528

Reputation Level: 6
Zillafreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Participation Level: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Default Shocks and Struts

I am looking at replacing my suspension parts. I am having an issue with my suspension and I think the struts/shocks are to blame for part of it.

I am wondering if people have experience with some of the cheaper brands like Stagg or Mookeeh. They are around $100-$125 on ebay.
Then there is KYB Excel shocks for $225.

Are the cheaper sets any good?

Also looking at the ez set, with springs and mount as I would like to replace the strut mount and they are around $50 for a set.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Set-2-F...9c9e19&vxp=mtr

Any help will be great.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:04 AM   #2
Reputable Member

Official Member #: 6257

Reputation Level: 11
sprocketser is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Shocks and Struts

I woul;d get the known stuff , KYB .
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2015, 10:25 AM   Thread Starter #3

Ya, what I was thinking, just wondering if anyone had an experience with the others. Wouldn't mind saving $100 for something else, like tires.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:29 AM   #4
Reputable Member

Suspensions like tires are something I don t play with , but one can do what he/she wants , it s them that pay right !

My choices would be either oem or KYBs
Newest ride , 05 Smoke Met M/T SER Altima,NismoCAI/CatBack , Dynomax Resonator OBX Headers , RacingLine FSTB& BTD tbi, RedLionRacing Shifter Bushings tbi , EBC RedStuff Pads/ 06 350Z Base Rear Brakes/EBC Rotors , H&R springs & Triple C Camber Bolts tbi , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake fluids & clutch fluids , LiquiMoly Motor oil/Wix Filter , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix cab filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S+ ,
sprocketser is offline   Send a private message to sprocketser Find more posts by sprocketser Add sprocketser to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-02-2015, 03:23 PM   #5

Official Member #: 15559

Reputation Level: 0
SrRuiz is an unknown quantity at this point

I have experience with the ones sold on Ebay, the construction its solid, have them for almost a year now and running, and no problem whatsoever, at the beginning I suspected one was faulty, but it ended up being the strut mount that was busted, used the saved money to pay the tires, that its only my experience, and note that where I live its full of pot holes and bad made speed bumps.
SrRuiz is offline   Send a private message to SrRuiz Find more posts by SrRuiz Add SrRuiz to Your Friends list Reply With Quote top
Old 07-02-2015, 03:25 PM   #6
Reputable Member

Where I live too roads are in real bad shape .
Old 07-02-2015, 03:25 PM   Thread Starter #7

Originally Posted by SrRuiz View Post
I have experience with the ones sold on Ebay, the construction its solid, have them for almost a year now and running, and no problem whatsoever, at the beginning I suspected one was faulty, but it ended up being the strut mount that was busted, used the saved money to pay the tires, that its only my experience, and note that where I live its full of pot holes and bad made speed bumps.
Thanks, I will be checking them tomorrow. I plan on replacing struts, shocks, and strut mounts. Would like for it all to be new.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:26 PM   #8
Reputable Member

Yep , it makes for a better job .